Valve Confirms DotA 2 for 2011

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Well, it'll be interesting to see Valve make something that isn't an FPS, but I do hope they expand upon the original DOTA a bit more. I don't think it would hurt to have a half-dozen maps, instead of just the one. And proper third-person, and a less evil skill curve, and...well, I hope it's very different from the original.

Also, since now they'll have released four games and another full game's worth of DLC since the last Half-Life installment, I'm pretty sure they have to reveal Episode 3 before a mob of angry fans burns down the entire city of Bellevue.

Pebkac

May 1, 2009
Every time I see "DotA" I forget what it is and remember that crappy fighting game.

DotA: Xtreme Beach volleyball would be something.

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
So they may use the name DotA for their commercial product? That sounds pretty retarded, because Valve didn't develop DotA and now they want to make money with an exact copy of it?
Even if Icefrog gets money, there were others who also worked on DotA.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Awesome. Just awesome. So that's what valve employees have been playing(dota1) in their office time other then counting money from Steamsales.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Awesome. Just awesome. So that's what valve employees have been playing(dota1) in their office time other then counting money from Steamsales.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
ok I hereby declare vavle the world's greatest troll, every time they announce a game that isn't episode 3 people either RAEG on forums or jump out a window.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
And now I have a boner ._.
It'll be interesting to see what Valve does by creating a whole game based on this, but I don't doubt its quality.
Valve has yet to let me down :D

Besides that, SC2 has yet to put out a good enough DotA game (not from lack of effort)

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
InevitableFate said:
Tom Goldman said:
The graphics will be improved, though will remain "somewhat cartoony"...

The aim is to make every hero's visual style and animations unique enough to they can be identified immediately. Custom voice work will also provide heroes with "amusing lines"...

Actually I'd really like TF2 Cameo characters.
they should make a hero called The Engiceavyman, who had an ability from each of the chars in that name, his Ulti obviously being a nuclear explosion caused by Sandvitch´s unbelievable levels of awesome.

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
Ok, I never really play DotA, and League Of Legends is just a time-waster for me, but all I can really say is;
Valve,
Don't screw this up.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Moonpooman said:
Just as I was suspecting. Good thing I stopped craving for Episode 3 a long time ago. This looks like it could be interesting, as I've never played the original(s?) DoTA.
Stopped craving?

TEACH ME HOW!

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Choppaduel said:
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I need my fps's!!!

anything, even an original one

cmon valve
My first thought upon reading this post was that you were being silly for asking for an FPS when so many are already out there and are constantly being released. But shortly after that thought I realized that the ones that are out there are pretty damn shitty and that Valve does need to make us a new FPS, cuz I am tired as shit of the damn Modern Warfare clones...