Valve Confirms DotA 2 for 2011

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Well, i will most likely get this as soon as it goes on a special (or if its astoundingly cheap) but i WILL get it.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
*Breathes in*

And RTS subgenre with over 100 characters, on Steam, from Valve, with distinct animations and characters.

My adrenalin gland just exploded with joy!

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I'd give it a shot, the jerks that actually play DoTA in WC3 really are the sort of basement dwellers that scream at you if you're new.. so a normal player version would be nice! :)

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Doesn't seem to be the Valve sort of genre, but, with two great things can hardly come something bad...I hope. If they fail the original DoTA will still be played to the end of time anyways lol

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
"new players become more than just currency fodder, as they basically are the current world of DotA"

my only reason for not playing any of the DotA games :(

And yes please to n00b coaching! \o/

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
well i already play LoL so unless this is absolutely amazing and valve pulls it off with their usual amazingness im sticking with LoL

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Well I'm no fan of DotA, but I'd guess the community is more than a little factor in my dislike. Valve hasn't steered me wrong though, so I guess I can be counted as cautiously interested.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
SteelStallion said:
Diablini said:
SteelStallion said:
i'll stick to HoN until then
League of Legends is better AND free.
no, it's imbalanced and free. want some advantages over the others? you'll be forking over a lot of cash.

you get what you paid for.
You want to PAY for your heroes?

TOO BAD IT'S ME BLACKSMITH.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
InevitableFate said:
Tom Goldman said:
The graphics will be improved, though will remain "somewhat cartoony"...

The aim is to make every hero's visual style and animations unique enough to they can be identified immediately. Custom voice work will also provide heroes with "amusing lines"...

Actually I'd really like TF2 Cameo characters.
Don't worry, you'll get a hat in TF2 if you perorder DOTA2.

Mark my words.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Caliostro said:
Tom Goldman said:
retain "functional aspects to the art that are pretty significant to the players," Valve's DotA 2 project lead told Game Informer. The aim is to make every hero's visual style and animations unique enough to they can be identified immediately.
A design choice which will undoubtedly work fantastically [HEADING=1]UNTIL YOU RUIN IT 2 AND A HALF YEARS LATER WITH ALL SORTS OF POINTLESS JUNK AND MEANINGLESS SHITTY VISUAL "COSMETICS" CONTRARY TO YOUR ENTIRE GAME DESIGN PHILOSOPHY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ADDING SHIT. LIKE, SAY, HATS.[/HEADING]

...Yeah, I still love Valve, but I just wish they'd stop ruining one of my favorite games for absolutely no reason but to appeal to the mouth-breathing crowd...
someone forgot the robin quote I told them.

stupid cali..

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Ok, ok, there are some more Valve titles going to be announced, riiiight? Just because this has been announced firs doesn't put Ep.3 out of the picture, riiiight? I can still retain my faith in Valve and Half Life, riiiiight???

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Mezzo. said:
Oh stop whining about Episode 3 already, it'll come when it comes.

Seriously, they're trying new things out because they can, deal with it.
NO! I GAVE UP 3 YEARS OF MY SOCIAL LIFE WANTING EPISODE 3! VALVE SHALL MAKE NOTHING BUT HALF-LIFE! HALF-LIFE IS THE SUPERIOR RACE! EIN VOLK! EIN REICH! EIN FÜHRER! EIN HALF-LIFE!

...God, I have issues.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Comic Sans said:
SteelStallion said:
Diablini said:
SteelStallion said:
i'll stick to HoN until then
League of Legends is better AND free.
no, it's imbalanced and free. want some advantages over the others? you'll be forking over a lot of cash.

you get what you paid for.
You want to PAY for your heroes?

TOO BAD IT'S ME BLACKSMITH.
Wrong trolls are wrong. Game performance cannot be bought. Characters and Cosmetic items can. Characters can also be bought with Influence, gainable only by playing the game.

Influence is also the ONLY resource one can use to buy Runes, which do give in game bonuses, but automatch, as the name would suggest, automatches you with enemies of comperable levels and rune books.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Now we need to speculate heroes! I'd love to see some interesting ones like an Adeptus Astartes or a Headcrab!