Valve Confirms DotA 2 for 2011

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Incoming rage because of no Episode 3.

I suspect my friend will be very happy at this news, however I don't play the game...

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*reading the article....

Addendum; Bots that take over for disconnected players? What a load of crap.
Anyways, I hope it's just temporary. I mean, if DotA 2 won't have the option of reconnecting like Heroes of Newerth does, I won't even bother with the game.
In HoN, if players have been disconnected for more than a specific time length combined, they can't reconnect and their hero is destroyed and the items and money are given to the team. Now, if DotA 2 will have a similar reconnecting system, but with the added feature that bots take over while they reconnect, or just until they get destroyed, that would be kind of neat.
But I it'll not have a reconnecting feature, and the bots will play for the players throughout the match, I think that's a rubbish idea.

Still pretty psyched about this announcement, but Heroes of Newerth are doing everything right in the game as of now, so I'm not sure if I would switch to DotA 2.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Seriously people, give the whine about Episode 3 a rest. It will come when it comes. You are just coming across as a troll anymore.

OT: I saw some gameplay for DOTA, and found it quite cool a game like that could be applied to WC3. With Valve adding their polish to it, I can't wait to see what comes out of this.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
You know, for the longest time, Valve and Blizzard have had a sort of peaceful co-existance between one another. Valve did it's own thing with FPS games and digital distribution while Blizzard did it's own thing with RTS and MMO games.

With this move, however, Valve has effectively entered Blizzard's territory. It will be interesting to see if Blizzard will provide any sort of response.

Also, am I the only one who finds it funny how DotA 2 is avoiding the constraints of the WarCraft III engine by replacing them with the constraints of the Source engine? XD Although, on a more serious note, it remains to be seen whether or not the Source engine really is all that fitting for RTS-like games.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Are they charge money for this? Because that would be stupid. DoTA is free, and there's a pretty damn good clone call League of Legends that's also free.

black-magic

May 21, 2009
This is the happiest day of my life! I've been trying to get my updated DotA fix for years with LoL and HoN!

Sep 14, 2009
well hopefully its fun and a bit noob friendly, the first one was god awfulllll at that and the community was full of super troll dickheads, but i might give it a try depending on cash flow when it comes out.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
OMG did I read that right? Episode 3 will be out before christmas 2010??
WOW Valve way to make this year brilliant.
Just for a second there I thought you where going to release a game Iv never even heard of.
Maybe to celebrate I will nail my hand to my face while screaming "VALVE IS TAKING THE FUCKING PISS!"

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Gotta say, hate this idea. DotA was like the Halo of the WC3 universe, it drew in all the loud mouthed 10 year olds that think they're gods gift to the fucking world because they managed a combo item in 15 min or some stupid shit like that. Don't get me wrong, the game itself was kinda fun, but for what you had to put up with, it just wasn't worth it (again, much like Halo).

InevitableFate

May 10, 2009
This is absolutely dispicable. Valve taking a free mod for a different game, hiring its creators and making a superior sequel to sell. We want to see more of Valve's original franchises like Team Fortress...

oh wait...

[This entire post was made in sarcasm]

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Dammit Gabe! We don't want this! We want Episode 3! Stop dicking around, make the new fucking graphics engine, and release the fucking thing already! Oh, and if it's any motivation, DUKE FUCKING NUKEM FOREVER IS RELEASING BEFORE HALF-LIFE 2 EPISODE 3/HALF-LIFE 3!!! What the fuck man?!

On a different, non-ranting note, this might has some potential. Tho, i'm still pissed that there is no Episode 3. And for that, Gabe Newell will forever burn in gamer hell.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
I'm hoping Valve can at least find a way to retain the original content of the map but still make the interface better and make it accessible for newcomers.

Apr 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
There goes my bet on Dead or Alive: Gabe Newell edition.
I'd buy that.
I'd buy the hell out of that.

OT: I tried the original Warcraft III mod at a friends, and it was good fun. It'll be interesting to see how Valve handle's an RTS.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
There goes my bet on Dead or Alive: Gabe Newell edition.
Dead or Alive: Extreme Valve Volleyball.

They'll still keep those jiggle physics, then...

Enjoy the mental image.