Valve Confirms DotA 2 for 2011

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Oh God. My friends and I play this every time we go to a net Cafe.

The fact that the map has been remade by VALVE (possibly the greatest gaming company to have ever existed) can only mean wondrous and spectacular things.

Guess I'm gonna be the first to preorder it, then...

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
No episode 3 then, never even heard of DOTA until valve bought it or whatever.
Same here.
The first time I heard about it was when that guy named Icefrog went to Valve.
This might be the first Valve game I'll never buy because I'm not interested in it at all. The only thing I want to hear from Valve now is ep3 and a bit Portal2.

accountdeletethis

Stand-up philosopher
Sep 10, 2008
I could've sworn there was some other game they were supposed to be working on... nah, must've gotten something mixed up, that's all...

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
So, I guess the only Valve game we're getting this millennium is Portal 2. Oh well, as long as they keep the free shit coming :D

Looking forward to more fancy hats (that I will never get, but still appreciate the possibility of getting, because they are free).

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I, for one, am glad to see Valve trying something new with a different IP, and not just another first-person shooter (Portal still counts, even if you only shoot portals).
Of course, I'm still waiting for Ep3, though it will be about 3 years next month since Ep2... at this point they need to announce HL3 or something to make up for the wait.

anthraxalfa

Oct 28, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Overall, it looks like Valve is putting together another huge game that has its origins in the modding community.
Okay, I guess I'll have to be the one that asks the question. What do they mean by "another" ? What other game have they made that started as a mod?

accountdeletethis

Stand-up philosopher
Sep 10, 2008
I refuse to play Portal until Valve confirms they won't pull a DNF manouvre on Portal 3. I have no idea if the story stretches over more Portal games, but I'll play it safe this time.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I played WC3 a lot in my day and I never really saw what the big attraction to DOTA was.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
No episode 3 then, never even heard of DOTA until valve bought it or whatever.
the only games I've ever heard of are ones there are TV commercials for and everything else can go to hell... derp.

The Bum

Mar 14, 2010
sniff all i want is episode three! wwhhhaaaaa

The thougt of them puting off episode 3 again makes me very sad.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
retain "functional aspects to the art that are pretty significant to the players," Valve's DotA 2 project lead told Game Informer. The aim is to make every hero's visual style and animations unique enough to they can be identified immediately.
A design choice which will undoubtedly work fantastically [HEADING=1]UNTIL YOU RUIN IT 2 AND A HALF YEARS LATER WITH ALL SORTS OF POINTLESS JUNK AND MEANINGLESS SHITTY VISUAL "COSMETICS" CONTRARY TO YOUR ENTIRE GAME DESIGN PHILOSOPHY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ADDING SHIT. LIKE, SAY, HATS.[/HEADING]

...Yeah, I still love Valve, but I just wish they'd stop ruining one of my favorite games for absolutely no reason but to appeal to the mouth-breathing crowd...

The Bum

Mar 14, 2010
anthraxalfa said:
Tom Goldman said:
Overall, it looks like Valve is putting together another huge game that has its origins in the modding community.
Okay, I guess I'll have to be the one that asks the question. What do they mean by "another" ? What other game have they made that started as a mod?

Day of defeat source and i think even counter strike source.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
anthraxalfa said:
One of the most played multiplayer games in the world.
Counterstrike

The87Italians

Jun 17, 2009
anthraxalfa said:
Tom Goldman said:
I think I'll just leave these here....

OT: I would have rather had Episode 3. We'll get it eventually though, I mean if Duke is coming then Freeman will eventually catch up.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im unconvinced by this, I mean I already play league of legends and its free, I have to wonder what dota 2 (so weird to make a sequel to a mod) could offer that lol couldnt

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Is it bad that the only reason I knew what DotA was before seeing this is that annoying Basshunter song?

ez(house

Oct 13, 2010
^ Nope, not at all, the only things that will annoy you are the people that just cry all game/blame/and shittalk nonstop and theres plenty of them lol

Well for one, dota is not "free", you have to buy WC3 to play it....

Its pretty fun and should be interesting. Its all about teamwork bro and icefrog is da man

P.S. LoL/HoN blow...