Valve Counters EA's Shots at Steam

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Darkmantle said:
Good on valve, I like when a good company defends itself.
I guess we have to settle for Valve defending itself, though.
There's nothing wrong with valve, I'd dare say they are one of the best big game companies in the business, name 3 better champ.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Darkmantle said:
There's nothing wrong with valve, I'd dare say they are one of the best big game companies in the business, name 3 better champ.
See, now you've shifted the goalposts. In a cesspool like the gaming industry, "better" doesn't translate into "good."

Valve has a very nice Wal-Mart deal going on right now, which is wonderful up until they poison the well. Considering people shit all over any other digital service, I'd say that's already happened.

Sorry, "champ," but Valve are not good guys, even if they look it because the bar is so low.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Darkmantle said:
See, now you've shifted the goalposts. In a cesspool like the gaming industry, "better" doesn't translate into "good."

Valve has a very nice Wal-Mart deal going on right now, which is wonderful up until they poison the well. Considering people shit all over any other digital service, I'd say that's already happened.

Sorry, "champ," but Valve are not good guys, even if they look it because the bar is so low.
So you admit they are the best gaming company? good.

Now what practices are bad? The easy to use digital distribution system? The apologies and refunds/gifts when they fuck up? Just because a game company doesn't suck your dick every time they do something a little wrong, doesn't make them a bad company.

And I don't hear anyone shitting all over GOG.com's digital service, maybe it's because, like valve, theirs doesn't suck ass, unlike origin.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
Please EA, just shut the hell up. Why do you want our hatred. Why do you keep doing this. Please figure out what the hell your doing, then speak.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah! Doing something that benefits your customers and thus would encourage them to buy more of your products? What blasphemy is this?
/sarcasm

Seriously EA, I think you've reached entirely new depths of stupid.
Don't forget the part where they then did it.
And then there's that too. Open mouth, insert foot.