Valve hates console gamers?

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
I'm hearing a lot of my friends complaining that they got no TF2 upgrades and etc. for a long long time. I'm also thinking of the whole Steam community and the fact that PC gamers get it so much easier to download mods and additional content for their Valve software. Does this mean that Valve prefers the PC gamers?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
this just in: humans need oxygen to breath. more on this shocking development at 11

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
The reason valve haven't updated the 360 version of TF2 is because they're finding ways to get around the memory limit for the 360 ( or something along those lines )

Floodclaw

Dec 24, 2008
Yes, it's obvious Valve prefers their PC gamers, but concerning the 360, all of this stuff would already be there and free were it not for Microsoft and their money-grubbing rules.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Valve prefers the PC, that's a given. Do they hate the consoles? No. Why would they have released The Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, and the upcoming L4D2 on it if they did?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
all of the updates are being released in a single bundle for console gamers...
or so I've heard from multiple sources, gamers and people.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Valve doesn't hate console gamers, they hate consoles. Or, at least the PS3. Saying they hate potential customers make no sense.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't know if they hate 'm.

But they definitely have more respect for the PC.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Not really.
It's just with STEAM Valve can take care of THEIR games better than in consoles. With STEAM they have full control over the games and community. The same way that Microsoft is in full control of every game in the 360 with Xbox LIVE.

STEAM is a Valve platform, there for it's easier for Valve to handle their games.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Consoles have more limitations and are therefore more difficult to program for. Which is why lots of developers embrace the PC.

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
Well its easier to give upgrades to a pc because they're games are directly connected to steam, besides Why are your friends playing tf2 on a console? tell them to get a Pc the bunch of knuckle-draggers

C0nn0r666

Oct 19, 2008
of course they love the pc but at least they like us 360 owners more then those ps3 owners

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
The Austin said:
Pretty mutch.
The L4D stuff is free on computer.
Its $5 on Xbox.
You can do the math.
5>0... Wait so that means xbox is better then us! no wait let me recalculate... Me-$5=2 less soda... Me-$0=No less sodas... Me+Soda=:) Me-2 soda=:( Me/Soda2xMe/soda+$5=I am soda...
So Valve wants me to have more soda?

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
how much money do they make from the console gamers? would you hate something that pays so well?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
xxcloud417xx said:
Does this mean that Valve prefers the PC gamers?
Valve the PC game developer and publisher, one of the pre eminent forces of the PC market and developer of the hugely succesful PC digital distribution system Steam. What makes you think that this PC game developer with it's own exclusive PC based publishing system might prefer PC's over consoles?

Console gaming is not Valve's main money earner, they've said plenty of times how much trouble it gives them between greedy console manufacturers, overly complicated hardware and incompetent publishers. It's no surprise they don't do much for it.