Valve hates console gamers?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Microsoft keeps getting pissed off at valve for releasing free stuff on live since they can't make any money off it.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well, Bethesda hates ps3 owners (or loves them deppending on your point of view of their dlc)

it´s not that complicated, they havn´t released because they cant, simple as that, they may hate xbox players but they cant hate money!

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
who cares if valve hate consoles? im sure they dont but even so the console players would only be missing out on around 2 games (im counting the orange box as one complete game)

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
It's easier to develop on the PC.
Trust me.
That's probably why your beloved DLC costs money.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
The Austin said:
Pretty mutch.
The L4D stuff is free on computer.
Its $5 on Xbox.
You can do the math.
Thats due to M$ though, not Valve.

Oh and im glad there is a dev that cares about its PC ocmmunity still, n/o to console players.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
To Valve PC gaming and Console Gaming are like two children. PC gaming is like the college graduate child who took a high paying job in Valve's home town and occasionally comes over for dinner. Console gaming is like the high school drop out who went to follow some band out on the road and occasionally sends post cards from towns valve has never heard of. Valve loves both children "equally" and wants both to succeed and be happy. It is just they can do a lot more with PC gaming since they are more convenient.

Sure Console gaming could be a high payed executive traveling the coutry and PC gaming could be living in the basement and the analogy would still work. I just choose to believe the PC is superior.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
wrecker77 said:
this just in: humans need oxygen to breath. more on this shocking development at 11
WHAT!!!!??? this is madnesss,i simply refuse to beleive such a sensationaliststatement/joke

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
The Austin said:
Pretty mutch.
Its $5 on Xbox.
You can do the math.
...I'm pretty sure the Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is free on Xbox Live, when last I checked. *I* downloaded it a few days ago, and I don't have any Microsoft Points.

redavenger

Jul 9, 2009
Simple. Currently it's a lot harder to get stuff put out for your game on a console, for example, patches, dlc etc. not harder to program, harder to get it on the system for people. In Microsoft's case companies have to go through an approval process, on PC they don't have to. Plus why would a company out to make money want to give free stuff that gets stored on their servers? They wouldn't, on the PC developers make their own decisions on how to price things on consoles they don't.

There you have it, if you bothered to read >_< :p.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
The_Oracle said:
The Austin said:
Pretty mutch.
Its $5 on Xbox.
You can do the math.
...I'm pretty sure the Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is free on Xbox Live, when last I checked. *I* downloaded it a few days ago, and I don't have any Microsoft Points.
I meant the new campaign

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Cogzwell said:
The Austin said:
Pretty mutch.
Its $5 on Xbox.
You can do the math.
5>0... Wait so that means xbox is better then us! no wait let me recalculate... Me-$5=2 less soda... Me-$0=No less sodas... Me+Soda=:) Me-2 soda=:( Me/Soda2xMe/soda+$5=I am soda...
So Valve wants me to have more soda?

Uhhhh...... Sure?

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
They actually do seem to hate the PS3.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/77826-Gabe-Newell-Calls-PlayStation-3-A-Waste-of-Time
They seem to like the X360 alright, though it's hardly close to being their highest priority.
They've always been PC people.

Unfortunately, for us consolers.

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
They've had problems with memory limits, as well as the fact that they can't give away DLC for free on Xbox live from what I've heard.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Floodclaw said:
Yes, it's obvious Valve prefers their PC gamers, but concerning the 360, all of this stuff would already be there and free were it not for Microsoft and their money-grubbing rules.
nope, its the reason the post above you stated...

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Its not a hatred of consoles but the fact you are alwaysed forced to deal with the consoles overlords first whereas PC is open to anyone

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I think that Valve has always been primarily a PC gaming company. They may release their stuff on other platforms but PC gamers are their main audience and so they spend more time focusing on them.