Valve Preparing Biggest Team Fortress 2 Update Ever

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
bahumat42 said:
side note the demo man weapons look awesome.
They almost look a little too awesome. Melee-ing as a Demoman used to be just for the lulz, now they're making it pretty damn powerful by the looks of it. Shame there isn't a sword to go with that outfit though.

As for the Sniper, damn, that rifle looks like an awesome challenge to use properly. A year or so back I would've drooled over it, now it just frightens me. It's like an S&M tool for pro snipers.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Undead Dragon King said:
Grufflenark said:
Scrapyard Wednesday tomorrow.

I'M CALLING IT!
With these alliterations they've been doing (Mobster Monday & Timbuk Tuesday), I'm thinking a World War Wednesday- Soldier and Medic being the features (USA vs. Germany and all that)
I am still going for something related to scrap Wednesday.
Featuring..
Junkyard soldier pack
Tesla Engineer

That is my guess.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh goody! A nice excuse to start playing even more TF2 :). Sorry SC2 and Reach, some things are more important.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
TF2 isn't far off being an MMO with all the collectibles and huge updates constantly.

I rather loved just the vanilla original game.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
bahumat42 said:
the uk ones pretty empty most of the time too. :(

side note the demo man weapons look awesome.
I noticed that yesterday when I checked, but it's not like it matters, my ping on that server floats around 180, so I'm not gonna play there anyways...

Shame too.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Ziadaine said:
Tom Goldman said:
You should add in there that there's more Polycount packs coming for classes over the days, today they released two for Demo and Sniper.
Three actully, if you look at the Demo shields in the update page: http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/
you will notice an empty BONK can, click on it to get to the scout pack.
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/scoutpack.html
Triple jump... I'm a little woried.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Ghengis John said:
It's like propaganda from 1984. Every update is the biggest one ever, and half life episode three is continually promised to be coming.
And the constant balance/bug fixes.

"What are you talking about, it was always like that."

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Count Igor said:
I just started TF2 again a few days ago, and can't believe I ever stopped D:
(While we're here, does anyone have any tips on Triple jumping with the FAN? I can't get the angle right most of the time..)
Depends on what you're going for. For distance, aim as far down as you can, and after you've done both double jumps just fire straight down.

For a force jump (maximum vertical height), aim at a 45 degree angle to the ground in front of you, then jump crouch and fire at the same time (well, in rapid succession, but you have to hold crouch). You should shoot straight up into the air.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Grufflenark said:
Undead Dragon King said:
Grufflenark said:

I'M CALLING IT!
With these alliterations they've been doing (Mobster Monday & Timbuk Tuesday), I'm thinking a World War Wednesday- Soldier and Medic being the features (USA vs. Germany and all that)
Featuring..
Junkyard soldier pack
Tesla Engineer

That is my guess.
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

You heard it here first, folks!

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Undead Dragon King said:
Grufflenark said:
Undead Dragon King said:
Grufflenark said:

I'M CALLING IT!
Featuring..
Junkyard soldier pack
Tesla Engineer

That is my guess.
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

You heard it here first, folks!
Darn it.

I think Thursday will be Technological Thursday then.

Awesome74

Jul 21, 2010
The engie better get at least two packs tomorrow. Seems that the engineer updates are always the latest, hmm.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Honestly, unless this update takes TF2 back to before the introduction of hats somewhere around the Sniper update, I don't really care.

Slanzinger

Nov 19, 2009
I very much look forward to the Pyro's shiny new item... Being a massive flare gun user this is rather exciting.
(For those of you who haven't seen it, pay attention to the battle plan, maggots!)

Also, I can live with the engie being left out of this one. Intrigued to see what the medic gets though, if it is anything outside of the "meet the" video. My guess is there will be something else there.

Dr_Steve_Brule

Mar 28, 2010
Lagao said:
Did anybody else notice on Day 2 how OVERPOWERED demoknights are going to be?! Thats freakin rediculous! THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE!
How is not having a grenade launcher, sticky bombs or any projectile weapon NOT a downside?