Valve Teases Mac Support With 6 Images

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Please CTHULU NO!!! I don't want to have to deal with some stupid Mac users on TF 2 (which means NO MORE NOOBS PLEASE!)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DarkSaber said:
Always interesting to see the creative ways they waste time they could be better spending making Episode 3.
I'm really going to start making this a bannable offense.

Marketing departments do not make games.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
It's about damn time! All I ever hear from my brother is 'Half-Life' this and 'Portal' that...

Thank you, Valve, for thinking about us artsy-fartsy Mac users. :D

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
John Funk said:
DarkSaber said:
Always interesting to see the creative ways they waste time they could be better spending making Episode 3.

I think you should just make the mere mention of it bannable.

OT: I'm gonna be pissed if that whole portal thing is somehow connected to this.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
FactualSquirrel said:
John Funk said:
DarkSaber said:

OT: I'm gonna be pissed if that whole portal thing is somehow connected to this.
I was talking about the act of porting, not the act of advertising.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I want a wallpaper version of that "i'm a PC" image. One of my major reasons not to get a mac has now gone. If only they dropped the price.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
DarkSaber said:
FactualSquirrel said:
John Funk said:
DarkSaber said:

I was talking about the act of talking about how long it's taking, although I can see how you would have been confused.

Also, I'm probably wrong, but I doubt that the dev team for HL2:E3 is working on the porting.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Made my day, these just epic pics, just shows how much creativity is in Valve

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Anyone else notice how in a white HEV suit Gordon looks a bit like a Stormtrooper from Star Wars?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Congrats Mac owners! Your overpriced piece of junk might be less junky that previously thought.

I kid, I kid. Your computer is still a pile of crap. :p

No, but seriously, it's good of Valve to do this. Multiplatforming will help the industry by leaps and bounds. Perhaps if they can get it right, they can prove to MS that open network play (specifically with Sony) could be a cool, innovative thing. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but a guy can dream, can't he? It's not like Sony should mind since their bread and butter is first party exclusives.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
FactualSquirrel said:
DarkSaber said:
FactualSquirrel said:
John Funk said:
DarkSaber said:

I was talking about the act of talking about how long it's taking, although I can see how you would have been confused.

Also, I'm probably wrong, but I doubt that the dev team for HL2:E3 is working on the porting.
Nah, I was meant to be replying to John, didn't realise I'd quoted you until after I'd posted. Also, I doubt that the dev team for HL2:E3 is working on HL2:E3.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
DarkSaber said:
Nah, I was meant to be replying to John, didn't realise I'd quoted you until after I'd posted. Also, I doubt that the dev team for HL2:E3 is working on HL2:E3.
I assumed that, but I still felt it right to defend my position on it.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
I love the parody of the "1984" ad at the end.

OT: This is pretty cool I guess, hopefully Valve gets around to it.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Glad to see this finally happening. The only reason I use Bootcamp on my Macbook right now is so I can use Steam. I have a PC desktop for when I really need Windows.

Ayjona

Jul 14, 2008
Greg Tito said:
If you own a Macintosh PC, chances are that you've missed out on playing recent hits from Valve including Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half-life 2, and Left 4 Dead, as well as the support of an application like Steam.
I'm confused. Why would mac users miss out on Steam, and these games? They can just reboot into windows and play them/use Steam.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
Oh man... I can see productivity at my university going into the toilet! Most of the researchers use Macs XD

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
Thaius said:
Sorry, I just get annoyed at people saying Mac is bad because it's not a good gaming platform, as if it's Apple's fault. If more companies, like Valve, went multiplatform, Mac would be just as valid as PC. This looks to be a pretty big step in that direction.
You sir deserve a cookie! :D
Heh, I like how I get a cookie from the guy with a Mac Apple as his Avatar. Fitting. :)

I would love a cookie! *nom nom*

Ayjona said:
Greg Tito said:
If you own a Macintosh PC, chances are that you've missed out on playing recent hits from Valve including Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half-life 2, and Left 4 Dead, as well as the support of an application like Steam.
I'm confused. Why would mac users miss out on Steam, and these games? They can just reboot into windows and play them/use Steam.
Yeah, that's what I do with my Macbook. But that requires either rebooting in Windows or running it through Parallels, which is pretty taxing on your system. Not to mention, for those of us who are used to the beautiful, streamlined, smooth experience that is Mac OSX, it's surprising how clunky and unintuitive Windows is in comparison (less so for 7, but still). It would just be really nice to be able to run Steam games on the home system, without needing to switch over and while still using our preferred OS.