Valve: There Is No Half-Life 3

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
tehweave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sigh. I really hope HL3 doesn't go the way of Duke. After all this build up now I really doubt it can live up to my hopes.
Already has. I stopped caring after HL2 EP2 came out. Valve is making so much money with TF2 and Steam, that people need to realize that we'll probably never see another Half life game ever again. Want half life 3? Mod it! Make it yourself! We do have Gmod and the ability to make our own levels! Why hasn't someone made a fan-made HL3 mod yet?
This is an extraordinarily silly idea. Valve: "We have enough money, we don't need to make HL3." Give me a break.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
silensay said:
Valve, please release episode 3 soon.

Your fanbase is starting to lose its sanity. We're slowly turning into conspiracy theorists.
Slowly? I'd say most of you are already long past that point and running to "totally wraparound gibbering idiots" at Mach 2.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
tehweave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sigh. I really hope HL3 doesn't go the way of Duke. After all this build up now I really doubt it can live up to my hopes.
Already has. I stopped caring after HL2 EP2 came out. Valve is making so much money with TF2 and Steam, that people need to realize that we'll probably never see another Half life game ever again. Want half life 3? Mod it! Make it yourself! We do have Gmod and the ability to make our own levels! Why hasn't someone made a fan-made HL3 mod yet?
This a load of crap.
VALVe make games they enjoy. Whilst they are obviously motivated by cash, HL3 is definitely a money-pusher. If HL3 looked like HL2:ep2 in today's market it would get nowhere, so they have to pull something out of the hat. The HL series is serious IP, they're not just sitting on their haunches wasting it.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Well, it can't.
Since it never got announced.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Valve are the greatest trolls I have ever seen. Not only have they been trolling us for so long but they haven't even had to do anything, they just letting the community troll themselves. They don't need to spend any money on marketing when they finally announce HL3, the fanbase has been building up hype, fustration and longing all by themselves with nothing to go on.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure Half Life 3 won't happen at this point.

I suspect the team just kind of burned out on doing the series, and have been working on everything else in the interim (Portal2, Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, and technically DotA2).

Personally, if I were Valve, I'd be working on a new game engine to replace my aged (and well used, mind you) Source Engine. Half Life 3 as a launch game? A strong possibility.

Gypsie

Oct 5, 2010
They release it, they don't release it, whats the difference? Its not like everyone is going to stop buying Valve games if they done.

Why dont people just wait to see what happens instead of trying to foreshadow everything? *sigh* If Valve have made anything apparently, its that they will tel us when they're good and ready, and not one second before.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Good. The other HL games SUCKED.

Seriously no good story and made a lot of ppl nauseous.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Is it bad that I kind of hope it does so that I can laugh at everyone again?

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
I saw the headline and shrugged. Good games, but not the greatest. And I figured the headline was meant to draw attention. I read the article and the only thing that popped into my mind was that Lanthanum was the name of the rare earth element supposedly used to build jump drives in the old Traveller RPG. Odd thought all in all.

Now a Traveller RPG on the computer might get me excited...

Icetailgreg

Oct 12, 2011
If HL3 or Episode 3 or whatever is made, than they must first "Leak" trailer footage that makes HL(Episode)3 look like a modern fps. Think about that for a minute. Gordon would only be able to posses 2 weapons at a time, Vehicle rail sections would be mandatory, and It would have multiplayer in the game. Not as a separate package, in the game itself! And Russians would be involved. It could turn out that the Russians are (Somehow) responsible for all of earths problems and Gordon must then kill a stereotypically evil Russian leader.
Either that,or they call it Half-Life: Forever in the teaser trailer.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
At this point I can no longer tell if they're trolling or serious.

QUICK PLAYING WITH MY HEART VALVE!

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Honestly, I would say it's never going to happen. I gave up wishing a long time ago.

If Half-Life 3 ever does come out it will most likely not live up to expectations. Near not possible at this point.

Oh well.

Mudze

Jan 6, 2011
"Valve: There is no Half-Life 3"

Then I read an article about a week old news story that says nothing about the game itself. Disappointed Escapist.

Kataskopo

Dec 18, 2009
In a very sad note, do you guys realize there are people who died while waiting for HL3?
Maybe by accident or by sickness, but some people who have been waiting for this game (or for that case, for Team Fortress 2) who just didn't made it.

EDIT: by this time, I don't even care if it's gonna be "good" or "bad", I just want to get my fix on HL! Just don't make it shit and go on with the damn story!

Who is G-man?? Who are his employers?? STOP NOT-TELLING ME!

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Their hint of "a game with a 3 in it" probably refers to Episode 3, which is theoretically supposed to come BEFORE HL3 itself, if HL3 is coming at all. Also, there is room to milk Portal for another sequel if they really want, so they could be trolling us by planning to unveil Portal 3, and I wouldn't mind using the ol' Portal gun in the outside world. There's also a potential Left 4 Dead 3, or a Team Fortress 3. Really, ALL of their biggest franchises have sequel openings and would be going into a 3rd game. Their hint of "a game with a 3 in it" isn't even really telling us anything when you think about it.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
He didn't say Half Life 3 wasn't going to happen, nor did he comment on Gabe's announcement on something with a 3 in it. Don't scare me like that Greg.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Just....Give us something. Anything

"Gordon and Alyx Boned after killing all the aliens. the end"

see? easy.