Valve to Release Alien Swarm for Free

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Too bad they got rid of the Aliens models, from chest bursters to the you-know-what. But I can understand the reasons behind that. Nonetheless, thank you Valve and Black Cat Games :)

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Reasons I love Valve
1)Good games
2)Free stuff
3) steam cloud in my PS3

Thank you Gabe Newell and Thank you Valve, you are fantastic, I would like to lick every employee in a show of affection.

SeanTheSheep said:
Why do I get the feeling my computer won't be able to run this?
Oh right, because it was made after eighteen seventy-flipping-three.

That said, it does look fun for those who don't have coal powered computers.
You shouldn't be worried about this sort of thing, you've got surprise tube cat avatar!, he's more fun than any game! oh oh oh get him get him get him! no no almost! go on go on go on! OH ALMOST!

The thing is, who do I want to win, the hand or the cat? WHO CARES! its not about winning its about taking part in surprise tube cat sport.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Moving from Unreal to Source? that doesn't exactly seem like an upgrade...

Eh, who cares? Hooray for free games! :p

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I'm calling it right now... this game is gonna be huge. Free + mod tools + support from PC gaming's Wunderkind + distribution through the industry's largest digital download application. I'd call that a rigged deck.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Hm about time we get official thread from the news room there have been several other threads on the same exact thing. O well like I have said be for. I can't wait for this game. Its free so worth it.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I love how they said "Shipload" to avoid profanity.

Either that or they genuinely felt like comparing the amount of weapons to a ship's capacity. Which is just not as awesome.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Valve saving the day one more time. I just started getting into the genre this weekend, because i played Shadowgrounds from the steam sale (local) coop with my friend. And i thought its sad that no big studio trys to make those. and 2 fucking hours later valve announces a game that looks great, is from the portal 2 devs, free AND RELEASED NEXT MONDAY. So much joy.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
sweet, definitely getting this game...mostly because it's free, but also because it looks like fun. :)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Alien Swarm began its life as a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, created by Black Cat Games back in 2008.
2008?
I remember buying the modders edition of UT2004 back in the summer of 2005, it came with a bonus DVD that had the Alien Swarm mod on it(and some other major mods).
Looking forward to playing it again tomorrow once it's released though.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
This looks quite awesome.
The other trailer out there shows some pretty cool stuff. At one point, the game slows down, and a small first-person view screen appears left of the main screen. Pretty sweet indeed. Well, at least that's how i remember the trailer, but i may have gotten it wrong, since I'm really tired right now.

Anyways, i hope it works on my PC, but the one i own is quite old. So yeah, I'll try, but i still doubt it'll run.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Any games being produced by valve that are being released for free can't be that bad! Bring it on!