Vergil confirmed for DmC

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Well he looks a hell of a lot better than new Dante. Loving his new look.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Devil May Cry isn't about hair and being a smart ass, it's about the combat. And the combat looks fucking sweet. Although the new trailer hints at a love story and this annoys me but then i could just skip all the cutscenes.
Actually from what me and the others are seeing so far, it feels kind of dumbed down compared to DMC 3/4 and Bayonetta anyways.

EDIT: The level designs are awesome anyways. But I feel that the potential is wasted as a hack n' slash game with minor or very weak platforming gameplay. I just feel that it would've been better as a platforming game with the awesome concept of Limbo and the environment trying to kill you as if it's Silent Hill.

Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
Jesus people! It's a re-imagining
Thank god you didn't use the word "reboot" because this is certainly not even close. But I also have another word that is kind of synonymous with re-imagining. It's called fanfiction. I believe I would simply accept this new game as a new IP in its entirety and call it a DMC ripoff. Would certainly have been better than trying to use the DMC name and make a new game entirely.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I only played a bit of the first one so my opinion probably means nothing. But I like Virgil's design. It is pretty cool. I am still gonna wait for the game to have reviews before I think about picking it up though.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I am so infinitely amused by any rage this reboot causes.

From the time it's been announced to this newest addition, it's seriously the best thing to track for sheer entertainment purposes.

Dec 14, 2009
TimeLord said:
Wonder why he has white hair...

Decided to change it because of the backlash from Dante maybe?

Probably a story explanation.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Well, he doesn't look as bad as Dante (still maintain Dante looks like an emaciated male prostitute; willing to do ANYTHING for his next hit of the rock).

My personal feeling for Dante's looks aside (he sucks), I am apprehensive about this game. I WANT it to prove me wrong, and just blow my pants off with awesomeness. I just keep seeing things that my brain picks up on and says, "right there! Did you see it? I TOLD you it was gonna suck!".

Also, been said before but "The Order"? Come on guys, mysterious generic names are done to death.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Mirroga said:
Thank god you didn't use the word "reboot" because this is certainly not even close. But I also have another word that is kind of synonymous with re-imagining. It's called fanfiction. I believe I would simply accept this new game as a new IP in its entirety and call it a DMC ripoff. Would certainly have been better than trying to use the DMC name and make a new game entirely.
If they did that they wouldn't get all this free advertising from raging fans.

Daystar Clarion said:
TimeLord said:

Exactly a story explanation already exists, the white hair is a characteristic of Dante's demon side sense he's not fully awakened to his demonic powers it's not manifesting itself, it shows up when he's in devil trigger and may be permanent by the end of the game, I'm guessing Vergil starts the game more powerful and aware of his demonic side then Dante.

Dec 14, 2009
lord.jeff said:
Mirroga said:
If they did that they wouldn't get all this free advertising from raging fans.

Daystar Clarion said:
TimeLord said:

Exactly a story explanation already exists, the white hair is a characteristic of Dante's demon side sense he's not fully awakened to his demonic powers it's not manifesting itself, it shows up when he's in devil trigger and may be permanent by the end of the game, I'm guessing Vergil starts the game more powerful and aware of his demonic side then Dante.
Yeah that makes sense.

Still doesn't make feel better though...

He just doesn't give off the same attitude as the original :D

SwOJester

Jul 9, 2012
Really I dont know what to say but this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs

This is NOT Vergil. Even as a reboot it just look average at best, and I dunno if the whole ''demon enslaving mankind'' is the entire plot, but it just sound really weak. (Yeah ok, the plot in DmC as always been kinda cliche and boring apart from the third one, but after all this time, you'd think they would come up with something better)

And if that girl turns out to be lady, I'm gonna cry. Dunno if they said her name at some point, I didn't payed much attention.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
SwOJester said:
Really I dont what to say but this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs

This is NOT Vergil. Even as a reboot it just look average at best, and I dunno if the whole ''demon enslaving mankind'' is the entire plot, but it just sound really weak. (Yeah ok, the plot in DmC as always been kinda cliche and boring apart from the third one, but after all this time, you'd think they would come up with something better)

And if that girl turns out to be lady, I'm gonna cry. Dunno if they said her name at some point, I didn't payed much attention.
Okay. Thank you for showing me that clip. I kept hearing sound bites of that in the Ultima 9 review and didnt know what video that was from.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Mirroga said:
SkarKrow said:
Devil May Cry isn't about hair and being a smart ass, it's about the combat. And the combat looks fucking sweet. Although the new trailer hints at a love story and this annoys me but then i could just skip all the cutscenes.
Actually from what me and the others are seeing so far, it feels kind of dumbed down compared to DMC 3/4 and Bayonetta anyways.

EDIT: The level designs are awesome anyways. But I feel that the potential is wasted as a hack n' slash game with minor or very weak platforming gameplay. I just feel that it would've been better as a platforming game with the awesome concept of Limbo and the environment trying to kill you as if it's Silent Hill.

Ah that would be unfortunate I do hope the combat ends up being on par with DMC3, but from what I';ve seen I do have some concerns about it being shallow, the constant assertion that "the combat system is both accesible to newcomers and deep to series veterans" does worry me. The old combat system was fairly accesible in terms of getting combos done, I mean between A&R and Cerberus you can win by maybe 2 or 3 combos and some dodging in 3. (Though, I'm more of a Beowulf/Rebellion man myself).

And to your edit that would be cool, especially if they hadn't called it DMC and had passed it as a new IP, adn thrown in some well refined sands of time esque free running mechanics to keep a good flow through the game. I think you're on to something with that =p

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
I rather look forward to it and think it's cool that they change things up.

The only character I would miss from the old cast is Lady but they hardly used her after DMC3 anyway so not much was lost.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoxLFUiSuCQ

To all of those vergil fans getting butthurt over the new vergil.

capatcha: Million dollars. Yes please.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Alternative said:
I dont even.... what is this?

why do they keep using names from a series of games that i loved.
i mean surely it must be coincidence seeing as that looks nothing like a Devil May Cry game.
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
ChildofGallifrey said:
So....I'm about the only person who didn't rend my shirt in twain and loose a peal of rage at the heavens upon seeing Dante's new design, eh?

The gameplay still looks good, so I'm willing to keep an open mind.

EDIT:

Sarah Kerrigan said:
Seriously? People are hating now on Vergil too?! Come on people. I get Dante doesn't look the same, but it's a fucking REBOOT!! Not Devil May Cry 5, it's called DmC. A reboot people, calm the fuck down. The gameplay looks the same, doesn't it?

Anywho, now that I beat that box to the ground; I like how Vergil looks. I figure he looks like himself (not that Dante doesn't look cool, which he does.) and the relationship between the brothers looks like it's there too, which bumps it up greatily.

I'm pretty excited.
Yay, I'm not the only one!
Oh thank God. I'm sick of standing alone in the "I actually like the look of this game" corner. Nice to see SOME positive remarks.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Wait...I?ve not a massive follower of DmC, I just rented some of the games a while back but I remember Virgil being power hungry and hating humans. Although they might be doing a start of darkness thing or he may actually be manipulating you.
Don?t mind his character design, but I don?t mind Dante?s aside from the creepy resemblance to the developer so I may be in the minority with this.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
lord.jeff said:
Something bugs me, though. If Vergil has indeed awakened his demon powers, why the hell would they need Dante for anything? Unless they made Vergil just enormously weaker than Dante. Which would be fucking stupid.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Lord Beautiful said:
lord.jeff said:
Something bugs me, though. If Vergil has indeed awakened his demon powers, why the hell would they need Dante for anything? Unless they made Vergil just enormously weaker than Dante. Which would be fucking stupid.
I don't know for certain but there are a dozen reasons both could be there, most likely because they thought even Vergil wouldn't be enough so they called in Dante for back up.

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Why couldn't they do that to Dante, Virgil looks ten times better, but if Virgil has awoken his demon power he could be using Dante to fight Emperor Mundus then to take the power for him self.

KRAKENDIE

Mar 19, 2012
My problem isn't with the changes, but with the fact that all the new ideas are fucking stupid. I don't care if it's not the same Vergil or the same Dante, but what the Hell is with this ~KILLUMINATI~ Big corporations=Devil Punk Rock Kid=Angel hipster nonsense? How heavy handed does a message have to be before camp turns into terrible writing and terrible concepts. Did they actively make Vergil look like one of Mitt Romney's sons?