Video game weapons you found most useless!

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
The blaster from Tribes 2 was utterly useless. Actually, I would call it a tie between that and the E.L.F. gun. All the E.L.F. did was slow people down a little; providing nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Therumancer said:
Cheesepower5 said:
Excalipur - Various Final Fantasies. Does 1 damage every time.
Excalibur II - Final Fantasy IX. Get to the last dungeon in under 9 hours and get this broken-ass sword that makes a character who already does obscene damage do a bit more.
Giant's Knife - Ocarina of Time. "Oh hey this is a good sword." "Oh... it broke."
Every weapon in any game ever with copper or bronze in its name.
Well, to be fair the purpose of Excalibur II is to trade it to unlock another playable character that you can't get legitimatly any other way. I don't know many people who actually kept the sword after getting it.

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the small revolvers in Fallout (like most people here) but then again I have a fondness for small pistols you can easily hold/conceal in the palm of your hand. The .38 also brings back memories of "Joe Friday", a bit before my time but I remember watching "Dragnet" on USA and thinking it was kind of cool especially considering when it was made.
Wait, I've never heard of this.

Who do you get? Beatrix?

Alleged Despair

Aug 25, 2010
PanicxBoss said:
Booze Zombie said:
rescuer86 said:
How about the wrench in BioShock? Did anyone use it after they got the pistol? And the drill in BioShock 2? That thing used up fuel so fast the rail gun was a better weapon and it could barely kill the thug splicers.
You did play Bioshock, right?
The guns were terrible, I killed everything with my wrench.
Ditto, the wrench has no ammunition. Needed to conserve my guns for bouts with the big daddies.
Maybe youre doing something wrong. I always have an overabundance of ammo or enough money to buy more ammo even on hard mode.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Forget the Chinese Pistol; the Chinese Officer's Sword is just as bad if not worse!

Oh and the banana scythe in guild wars is junk, so are all the candy weapons other than the bow.
and other than uniqueness the ogre-slaying knife is of little to no use, neither is dragon-slaying.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Low-quality weapons in Borderlands. As implied, thier stats are inferior to regular, high and v. high quality weapons, the stinger is that they also arent even worth selling because because the quality rating holds alot of control over how much a gun buys/sells for.

An example- Jakobs guns with low-quality will have 'plywood' in thier names, regular guns dont have quality indicators, high will have XX in its name and v. high will have ZZ in its name. The formula varies depending on the brand.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Blatherscythe said:
So remember kiddies, if you're a dumbass who specs in energy weapons instead of the weapons favored by fucking cowboys prepare to be known as the nerfed gimp of the wasteland.
All true. I did think Energy Weapons weren't as good as they should have been in Fallout 3 either though. I mean there was nothing a Plasma Rifle could kill that the Xuanlong assault rifle couldn't kill just as quickly.
My favourite weapon was the A3-21 plasma rifle in fallout 3. Very high durability, high damage, common ammo.

Alleged Despair

Aug 25, 2010
I say the chemical thrower in bioshock. I rarely find it useful because if you need elemental attacks you can just use plasmids. And while I'm at it the security bulleye if a plasmid counts.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
All the weapons in Fallout 3 without mods.

Not a single one had a spark of "Fuck yeah, I'm gonna kick some ass now". Even the fat man, since you knew you'd never have any ammo. They were all "bleep bloop, I am a machine, my survival percentage chance has increased 13% with the acquisition of this tool".

Especially since, on very hard difficulty, battles just became a war of attrition. If I swing a god-damned super sledge at someone's face, I don't want their health to creep down a notch, I want their face to explode. Not "explode suddenly after three hundred swings", after one.

And how could the minigun be so shit?

Luckily, mods- how I missed you, vindicator minifun. And yay, realistic combat damage mods.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
LittleChone said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
I see your fallout 3 pistole and raise you the .32
1. on of the weakest guns in the game
2. It ate up bullets better used in the hunting rifle
3. The only unquie version was in the DLC
4. Even that sucked
5. It's possible to take a bethemouth down with fists and live. Not so with a .32 pistol

Now with Poison Stab. Get a flock of people around a few guards and stab one of the gaurds. They betzerk and attack the crowd. This makes a huge ruckus that you can sneak past.
A medal. GIVE THIS MAN ONE!!!!
Well thank you kind sir. Even if I was half asleep and my spelling was awful.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
Nothing will ever beat the Giant's Knife in uselessness from LoZ: OoT. 200 rupees for a sword that breaks after 8 hits, can't spin attack and you can't use your shield with it.

Omega Pirate

Sep 20, 2010
HG131 said:
Pirate Kitty said:
The Gravity Gun.

I'll take a bullet fired at the speed of sound over that, thank you.
It's nice to have in Ravenholm. Zombies are much easier to kill with sawblades and boxes and don't make you use alot of ammo.
I did the whole of Ravenholm with just the Gravity Gun, for the achievement. It was quite fun.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Drakmeire said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned it but
The klobb from goldeneye.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/Sonicwolf359/klobb.jpg
with the exception of an excuse to yell "IT'S KLOBBER'N TIME" during multiplayer.
Ninja'd! Although in Goldeneye: Source, I inexplicably managed to get a long-range kill with it.

Also, the Loch-n-Load and the Direct Hit from TF2 are pretty much useless if you don't have really, really good aim, the LnL especially. Maybe they're great weapons in the hands of a pro, but I never really liked them.

Mar 9, 2010
Zenn3k said:
Wooden Sword, Minecraft

;)
Golden sword. Even more worthless.

The throwing knives in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and certain times of AC2. You can hold ten with no upgrades and it takes half of them to take out a guard. You could alternatively use one hidden gun bullet and stay undetected. You could also buy the crossbow and stay undetected too. I never used them effectively once, completely pointless.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Cheesepower5 said:
Therumancer said:
Cheesepower5 said:
Excalipur - Various Final Fantasies. Does 1 damage every time.
Excalibur II - Final Fantasy IX. Get to the last dungeon in under 9 hours and get this broken-ass sword that makes a character who already does obscene damage do a bit more.
Giant's Knife - Ocarina of Time. "Oh hey this is a good sword." "Oh... it broke."
Every weapon in any game ever with copper or bronze in its name.
Well, to be fair the purpose of Excalibur II is to trade it to unlock another playable character that you can't get legitimatly any other way. I don't know many people who actually kept the sword after getting it.

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the small revolvers in Fallout (like most people here) but then again I have a fondness for small pistols you can easily hold/conceal in the palm of your hand. The .38 also brings back memories of "Joe Friday", a bit before my time but I remember watching "Dragnet" on USA and thinking it was kind of cool especially considering when it was made.
Wait, I've never heard of this.

Who do you get? Beatrix?
Yes, that is exactly who you get.

You know, the disturbing thing right now is that I started checking Final Fantasy IX sites to find a referance for you to prove this wasn't another "Aeris Resurrection" gag, but it seems like nobody has any information on Beatrix other than the cheat using a gameshark.

I even went and dug up my old Final Fantasy IX Strategy Guide, and unfortunatly it's that one guide that required you to use "Playonline" and it no longer seems to be supporting the FF IX keywords because it's so old apparently.

At any rate, the bottom line is that if you get Excalibur II your supposed to be able to give it to Beatrix in exchange for her joining your party. You lose the game's penultimate weapon, but get the game's best character in return.

This is why there is so much data on her and she's unlockable in the game, she can be more than a very brief temporary character, albiet you can't use her in a typical game playthrough I don't believe without cheating.

Of course I can't actually *prove* this, and it has been a long time, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. I sort of feel stupid for mentioning something that I thought was common knowlege and then being unable to prove it myself.

At any rate now that I'm suffering allergies from dust I might as well say I believe the relevent keywords from the cluebook should be STNREX7, and EXCAL9. Between that it should be everything official on Excalibur and Excalibur 2 from Playonline, but again I can't access it, and I'm pretty sure the stuff about getting Beatrix legally is (or was) there.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
Digi7 said:
Hmmm, the Pulse Rifle in Dead Space was fairly useless and chewed up ammo like no tomorrow. It was great for supression though, put your back to the wall, aim at the horde of enemies charging at you, and spray!
]

it was good for those guys those little guys that shoot stuff at you