Video game weapons you found most useless!

Nanissimov

Feb 17, 2009
Ever have those guns where you could not find a reasonable use for? I have and ive compiled a list of what i can think of from the top of my head. Oh yeah, and keep in mind that these are subjective personal opinions, just because you find it useless doesn't mean everyone else will. But i digress

#1) Experimental MIRV (Fallout 3) I could not find a use for it. The gun wasted 8 mini nukes which are 300 a pop (Depending on your barter skill) and were rare finds. But mind you, it only took 1 mini nuke to kill an enemy, 2 for the really hard ones (Even at a low big gun skill 2 at most) but this thing was wasting 8, 4x the amount required at most.

#2) Chinese pistol/32 pistol (Fallout 3) Yes i understand there 2 different guns but they were both utterly useless and i am not going to make two entries for each one of them. Anyways the guns were extremely weak and would earn you an instant game over if you so much as pulled it out on anything larger than a rad roach (Radiated Cockroach)

#3) M4/Shotgun (Hitman Blood money) These guns were useless in hitman because as the title implies your supposed to be a Hitman, not Marcus Fenix. They were non concealable and loud, but my biggest problem with these things is why you would want them, the pistol could be upgraded with magnum rounds, extended clips, and there was also an upgrade to make it automatic, making it a concealable silent M4. Same problems for the shotgun

#4) Poison stab (Assassins Creed 2) This had no purpose for anything other than giggles (or ad least i could not find one) it made enemies take out there swords and start waving them around.

Anyways thats what i could think of. What about you?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
You stole the .32 pistol and Experimental MIRV from me... But I wouldn't be so quick to add this to your list, because a fun thing about the MIRV is turning on God mode so you have unlimited health and ammo... The most fun I've had.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'll see your Chinese pistol and raise you the Zhu Rhong 4V18, which is the unique version of it and still utterly useless.

Nanissimov

Feb 17, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
You stole the .32 pistol and Experimental MIRV from me... But I wouldn't be so quick to add this to your list, because a fun thing about the MIRV is turning on God mode so you have unlimited health and ammo... The most fun I've had.
MiracleOfSound said:
I'll see your Chinese pistol and raise you the Zhu Rhong 4V18, which is the unique version of it and still utterly useless.
What did that thing sell for like 40 caps?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Wait, something that definetly should be added to your list: The BB gun from Fallout 3! Piss-poor damage, slow firing speed, and add it to the rareness of BBs.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
The napalm cannon in FEAR 2. I never thought I'd ever see a fireball launcher that was useless, but there you go.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
The stakeout shotgun in Black Ops multiplayer, it's like the military in the BO universe were like "this people-grade ammunition is too unfair, give the troops bird-hunting rounds".

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Castlevania: SotN - Red Rust

As it's description suggests, it's rusted and useless. It has the slowest attack speed, does less damage than using your bare hands, and makes Alucard grunt and stall half the time you try to swing it.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Wait, something that definetly should be added to your list: The BB gun from Fallout 3! Piss-poor damage, slow firing speed, and add it to the rareness of BBs.
It has sentimental value, something none of the other weapons can match.

rescuer86

Apr 12, 2010
How about the wrench in BioShock? Did anyone use it after they got the pistol? And the drill in BioShock 2? That thing used up fuel so fast the rail gun was a better weapon and it could barely kill the thug splicers.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
rescuer86 said:
How about the wrench in BioShock? Did anyone use it after they got the pistol? And the drill in BioShock 2? That thing used up fuel so fast the rail gun was a better weapon and it could barely kill the thug splicers.
You did play Bioshock, right?
The guns were terrible, I killed everything with my wrench.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Half of the Melee weapons in Left 4 Dead 2... why would you take a Frying Pan or a Police Baton when you can have a Katana?

PanicxBoss

Nov 19, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
rescuer86 said:
You did play Bioshock, right?
The guns were terrible, I killed everything with my wrench.
Ditto, the wrench has no ammunition. Needed to conserve my guns for bouts with the big daddies.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Half of the Melee weapons in Left 4 Dead 2... why would you take a Frying Pan or a Police Baton when you can have a Katana?
Not to burst your bubble, but all the melee weapons in l4d2 are basically reskins and do the same damage. Thus, the police baton is the best since it swings the quickest.

Back on topic....I cannot think of much, as I was going to say the mirv.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
The sling-shot in the Legend of Zelda games loses the majority of its use, very quickly.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
There was a trend in early FPS games that the initial melee weapon and pistol were utterly useless. Wolfenstein 3D & Spear of Destiny both had utter garbage melee weapons. Naturally DOOM broke the trend a little by adding Beserk mode, but the initial pistol was still a death sentence against anything tougher than the most basic enemy marine. They followed a system where the weapons typically increased in power the higher 'number' that was assigned to them.

Early guns in Vampire: The Masquerade were so poorly balanced that unskilled fists or baseball bats were better than skilled pistols.

Perhaps not a typical weapon but in The Secret of Monkey Island your reply-insult of "Oh yeah" and "Sticks and stones...", as well as a good few others were utterly useless in winning any fights with.

In Worms, prod. Although it was so bad that it was delicious to get a kill with it.

The starting pistol in Crimsonland.

In almost every RPG, using a staff as a melee weapon rather than as a spell casting implement.

Nick Wetherbee

Oct 17, 2010
the 9mm submachine gun in Fallout New Vegas unless you are at least 5 feet from the enemy
Oh and the Hunting Shotgun has more range

Souldead341

Nov 25, 2008
Personally, the shotgun in Mass Effect 1 and 2.

On the poison blade in AC 2, I find it's useful for killing multiple assasination quest targets when you can't be detected, also getting rid of those stationary guards outside the codex rooms.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
Souldead341 said:
Personally, the shotgun in Mass Effect 1 and 2.

On the poison blade in AC 2, I find it's useful for killing multiple assasination quest targets when you can't be detected, also getting rid of those stationary guards outside the codex rooms.
The right shotgun in ME2 was basically a one hit kill for anything. It was incredible.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
The rock-it launcher from fallout 3, I agree with the poison stab, also the chinese pistol and the police baton from fallout 3, knife in red dead redemption except in sneaking situations, which were not many.
I know you didn't say gadgets but, the mirror for splinter cell conviction is completely useless when u get sonar.