Video game weapons you found most useless!

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
rescuer86 said:
How about the wrench in BioShock? Did anyone use it after they got the pistol? And the drill in BioShock 2? That thing used up fuel so fast the rail gun was a better weapon and it could barely kill the thug splicers.
Your crazy. I went through that entire game using only the wrench and telekenesis plasmid. I only broke out my guns for the Big Daddies.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Drakmeire said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned it but
The klobb from goldeneye.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/Sonicwolf359/klobb.jpg
with the exception of an excuse to yell "IT'S KLOBBER'N TIME" during multiplayer.
Gah... Ninja'd...

Um... The Crossbow and the Rod from FFIV. Useless...

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
Drakmeire said:
treeboy027 said:
Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened.
my friend hacked the game and created 6 Magikarp with the movesets of any legendary he could think of. so I had Magikarp using Spacial Rend and Roar of Time on me during a battle... so I lost to a group of magikarp... I am a failure.
Well at least you got a good story out of it :p

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Barda236 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Wait, something that definetly should be added to your list: The BB gun from Fallout 3! Piss-poor damage, slow firing speed, and add it to the rareness of BBs.
It has sentimental value, something none of the other weapons can match.
Then what is the point of it being in Fallout: New Vegas?
Don't ask me, ask Obsidian.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Blatherscythe said:
So remember kiddies, if you're a dumbass who specs in energy weapons instead of the weapons favored by fucking cowboys prepare to be known as the nerfed gimp of the wasteland.
All true. I did think Energy Weapons weren't as good as they should have been in Fallout 3 either though. I mean there was nothing a Plasma Rifle could kill that the Xuanlong assault rifle couldn't kill just as quickly.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Digi7 said:
Hmmm, the Pulse Rifle in Dead Space was fairly useless and chewed up ammo like no tomorrow. It was great for supression though, put your back to the wall, aim at the horde of enemies charging at you, and spray!
It was great for the two big bosses too. Man that game had some epic boss fights...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Assault Rifle (Halo)- Uhh, excuse me. I wanted this thing to die before the 60 bullet mark. My pistol can get the deed done in before it hits double digits. I just can never find ammo for the damn thing.

Nanissimov said:
#1) Experimental MIRV (Fallout 3) I could not find a use for it. The gun wasted 8 mini nukes which are 300 a pop (Depending on your barter skill) and were rare finds. But mind you, it only took 1 mini nuke to kill an enemy, 2 for the really hard ones (Even at a low big gun skill 2 at most) but this thing was wasting 8, 4x the amount required at most.

#2) Chinese pistol/32 pistol (Fallout 3) Yes i understand there 2 different guns but they were both utterly useless and i am not going to make two entries for each one of them. Anyways the guns were extremely weak and would earn you an instant game over if you so much as pulled it out on anything larger than a rad roach (Radiated Cockroach)

#3) M4/Shotgun (Hitman Blood money) These guns were useless in hitman because as the title implies your supposed to be a Hitman, not Marcus Fenix. They were non concealable and loud, but my biggest problem with these things is why you would want them, the pistol could be upgraded with magnum rounds, extended clips, and there was also an upgrade to make it automatic, making it a concealable silent M4. Same problems for the shotgun

#4) Poison stab (Assassins Creed 2) This had no purpose for anything other than giggles (or ad least i could not find one) it made enemies take out there swords and start waving them around.

Anyways thats what i could think of. What about you?
1. That thing was meant to be completely ridiculous. You were meant to have fun with it. Example: I shot a Behemoth with one, I literally sieged Springvale, etc. They were all hilarious and great fun. There were a lot of things that were just novelty items. The fun was in them actually existing(to a lesser extent using them).

2. I completely agree.

3. The game literally catered to everyone in their demographic. They had gameplay decisions for silent assassins and people who just want to shoot shit. These are both fun and acceptable ways to play the game.

4. I see your point. Then again this goes back to the MIRV argument. It is just hilarious to have and use.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Drakmeire said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned it but
The klobb from goldeneye.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/Sonicwolf359/klobb.jpg
with the exception of an excuse to yell "IT'S KLOBBER'N TIME" during multiplayer.
Funny story. I was once playing Goldeneye multiplayer with 1-hit kills and the pistols gun set. I dunno if it was a glitch but I found a Klobb. Pretty easy to clean up when you have the only automatic weapon, hehe.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
it's not completely useless but the recharger rifle in Fallout New Vegas. it's only good against radroaches but it doesn't show p until you're in the mid levels. you basically have a level 4 weapon only found at level 12.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Indecipherable said:
In Worms, prod. Although it was so bad that it was delicious to get a kill with it.
You clearly never played with the weapon editor then did you :p

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
Nanissimov said:
#4) Poison stab (Assassins Creed 2) This had no purpose for anything other than giggles (or ad least i could not find one) it made enemies take out there swords and start waving them around.

Anyways thats what i could think of. What about you?
it distracts guards so you can stab someone on a patrol and all the guards will come check it out making it easy to just smoke bomb murder them all.

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
i found the most useless weapon was saints row 2's flamethrower, you set a dude on fire and he runs around for like 20 seconds before surviving and you have to hunt him down and burn him again, skipped the bonus points for using it in the cops missions and it saved soo much time just shooting guys

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
molotov cocktails in Call of Duty: World at War
anything found in the toy store in Dead Rising
the pool cue and BB gun in Fallout 3
and the Desert Eagle from Splinter Cell: Conviction

BattlePope

Aug 2, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Barda236 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Wait, something that definetly should be added to your list: The BB gun from Fallout 3! Piss-poor damage, slow firing speed, and add it to the rareness of BBs.
It has sentimental value, something none of the other weapons can match.
Then what is the point of it being in Fallout: New Vegas?
Don't ask me, ask Obsidian.
I would have to say as repair fodder for your Abilene Kid LE BB Gun. I had a Guns skill of about 25-ish & could snipe & one-hit Raiders with it as an Unarmed specced character. Other than that: there's always been a BB Gun in the games since the days of Fallout 1, which may be a weak excuse, but it is fun for that little bit of nostalgia.

My addition to the list of useless weapons: The Barbarian King's Hammer from God of War 2; you can't dodge when using it, instead you can try to swing a weapon that does more damage per hit, but less damage overall compared to Athena's Blades or even the Lance, but you could summon ghosts which makes up for it I guess (it doesn't really help).

Although one thing to know is that I try to take the weapons that are ridiculously underpowered and try to wreck things with 'em. Like joke weapons, or the Box Cutter from Silent Hill 4. Or that one gun-type... uh... crossbow... whatever it was in Devil May Cry 3: though that was partially due to my college dorm-mate saying it was rubbish, then I started perforating & reaming entire corridors of enemies as well as bosses with that & the Gunslinger specialization equipped. Then he noticed it was his "melee combos only" policy that undermined that gun's potential.