Video games ARE causing violence.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
My laptop keeps trying to set fire to my leg.

Oh it says it's just overheating, but that's just the excuse.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
TheAmazingHobo said:
Okay, now show me on this doll, where your copy of Final Fantasy Tactics touched you.
I LOVE your avatar. I might steal it once you're done with it... _>

OT: I wasn't going to say anything, but my friend, well... She's in an abusive relationship with her Xbox 360. She's tried to leave it so many times but it keeps pulling her back in with sorry's and bouquets of new games. I keep telling her to go to a shelter, but she says she loves it.

I... I don't know what to do! D'=

[sub[sup][sub]NOTE: The above story is 95% untrue.[/sub][/sup][/sub]

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I swear my old gameboy advance is watching me.... waiting for its chance to get its revenge on the DS, but what I am really terrified of is my gameboy color... it has 2 systems of revenge piled up

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
I was mugged by a Wii. I regret not punching it in the face and walking away the moment I saw it in that back alley.

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
My copy of Persona 3 tried to shoot me in the head, Assassin's Creed tried to stab me, and Saints Row 2 peed on my dog.

These games aren't playing around :(

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
twistedheat15 said:
I know it's a subject no one wants to admit, but there is a rise of violence being caused directly by the effect of video games. Just the other day while walking my dog a gang of 360 games jumped me, stole my wallet, and took Mr. Snuffles with them. As if that wasn't enough when I get home after the ordeal I find 2 DS games climbing out my window with my TV and stereo system. As a community we need to come together and admit the problem so that solutions can be made.

Does any other escapist want to come forward and talk about any video game related violence that they endured?
You were mugged by a gang of Xbox 360 games? And then DS games stole your TV and stereo? How the hell did they do that?

Edit: I haven't heard or seen anything like people robbing a bank because of GTA 4. (in real life) A concept like that alone is ridiculous. Human beings have the ability to distinguish what is fact and what is fiction. Hell, there is probably more violence and killing IN THE BIBLE than in Elder scrolls games. If your seriously being tempted to murder a striper because you did in GTA than there is something seriously wrong with your.

Edit Again: This better be a joke forum...

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Two of my 360's killed themselves, one of them did it twice.

There's also the thousands of reported incidents of vandalism and assault (broken TVs, broken windows, wounded hands) caused by the Wii.

And those first PS3s? They took a lot of money from their owners.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Touche.

Very...very.. clever x3
A giggle a day keeps the desperation away. And good game gawds, you sir, are epic.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
There is no rise in violence. The only notable rise in violence is in Africa, and of course they are famous for being avid video game players.

People have always been violent, it's just that the media reports about more, and more these days. My grandparents tell me about 1950's London, how it was more dangerous to live there than Kabul today. And video games weren't even invented. But nobody knew about the amount of gang crime, murder, rape, and general anti-social behavior in 1950's London, because nobody wanted to know about that stuff. They wanted to know the good things, and only the good things.

I think in the time we live in, violence in first world countries is slightly less so than a hundred years ago. We've come along way, and of course there is still a lot of violence, but it's not video games... not at all.

And protip: Violent people like violence. Games offer that in ample supply, logic = cooltimes.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Too Human lured me in with attractive and friendly promises of fun, telling me that nothing could go wrong if I just "tried it once." And then...something went wrong. Very very wrong. It was awkward, uncomfortable, and afterward I felt like I had lost a little part of myself to Too Human forever.

Remember kids, don't let anyone pressure you into something that doesn't seem right.

(OP: This may be the best thread I've ever seen on the Escapist. Bravo.)

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
I'm so ashamed for what I've done... a few years ago my 360 got sick and it had to stay at a hospital for a while. I was devastated and spent all my time in bed. My PS3 tried to cheer me up, but I snapped at it and yelled "YOU'RE NOT THE 360!!! YOU CAN NEVER BE THE 360!!!" And then... then, I... I slapped it. Right across the powerbutton.

I've apologized to it so many times, but... I'm afraid things will never be the same...

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Robert Ewing said:
There is no rise in violence. The only notable rise in violence is in Africa, and of course they are famous for being avid video game players.

People have always been violent, it's just that the media reports about more, and more these days. My grandparents tell me about 1950's London, how it was more dangerous to live there than Kabul today. And video games weren't even invented. But nobody knew about the amount of gang crime, murder, rape, and general anti-social behavior in 1950's London, because nobody wanted to know about that stuff. They wanted to know the good things, and only the good things.

I think in the time we live in, violence in first world countries is slightly less so than a hundred years ago. We've come along way, and of course there is still a lot of violence, but it's not video games... not at all.

And protip: Violent people like violence. Games offer that in ample supply, logic = cooltimes.
Ladies and Gentleman, I present you:
"People who don´t even bother to read the op of a thread they post in"-theater.... gonna be honest, that probably should not have been our pick for the name of the show....

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
DrSpoy said:
I see, I'm not the only one who's had video game violence happen to them. I once saw someone getting stabbed by The Orange Box but all I could do was just run away. It was terrible.

Awesome Thread. :p
The orange box took me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and payed for the meal, what are you talking about? Orange box stabbing people.... that's ridiculous.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Back when I was a young'un...snes cartridges raped both my parents and shot my pets...and I've hated games ever since. >:/

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Videogames aren't just the cause of violence but all crime, the other day I was walking through my local gamestation and Dead Space 2 forced £15 out of my wallet, I was powerless to stop it.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Trucken said:
I'm so ashamed for what I've done... a few years ago my 360 got sick and it had to stay at a hospital for a while. I was devastated and spent all my time in bed. My PS3 tried to cheer me up, but I snapped at it and yelled "YOU'RE NOT THE 360!!! YOU CAN NEVER BE THE 360!!!" And then... then, I... I slapped it. Right across the powerbutton.

I've apologized to it so many times, but... I'm afraid things will never be the same...
Your avatar sums up my feelings towards you! It's ppl like you that drive video games to do what they do!