Videogame characters you're afraid of.

Villainova

Dec 17, 2008
I have to agree on Giygas. The SA-X from Metroid Fussion was pretty freaky from a conceptual stand point.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I've played about 30 minutes of Bioshock and the Splicer scared me a bit. I don't know exactly what it is, but I REALLY don't feel safe in an underwater environment, even if it is indoor.

Hmm...the chainsaw guy from RE4 filled me with dread, because I knew if he somehow snuck upstairs I'd be dead.

The the flying twirly things at the beginning of Half-Life 2 also make me jump when they sneak behind me when I'm not paying attention.

Magnaflame

Nov 30, 2008
Cookietaker said:
The robot that always talk to you in Portal.In the last 30 minutes or so when she starts saying she'll kill you i was pretty scared.
Holy crap that thing is freaky, and the area covered in writing from an escaped test subject, along with the turrets, make me shiver.

Eiseman

Jul 23, 2008
The bug collecting girl from Twilight Princess.

Hey, shut up. That broad is a freak of nature, I say! She wants to throw a dance party for a bunch of insects! And she refers to every reward as her "happiness." Every time I walked into her little house and looked at how she's decorated, all I could think is "Batshit insane" followed by "God I look like a pedophile."

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Say Anything said:
The the flying twirly things at the beginning of Half-Life 2 also make me jump when they sneak behind me when I'm not paying attention.
Oh gods, the Manhacks. I had a little thing going on Gmod where I spawned about 50 of them in cs_office. Let me tell you, when the skies are filled with their high-pitched whine and your only refuge is an overturned dumpster and a half-empty SMG, they get to be pretty terrifying. Especially when you spawn a rebel and watch them all swarm to him, kill him in two seconds, and then float back up to the skies.

EDIT:

Eiseman said:

Hey, shut up. That broad is a freak of nature, I say! She wants to throw a dance party for a bunch of insects! And she refers to every reward as her "happiness." Every time I walked into her little house and looked at how she's decorated, all I could think is "Batshit insane" followed by "God I look like a pedophile."
Have you ever left her place while you still had a bug in your inventory?

"I know you have bugs..."

That got me the first time.

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
I can say the first thing to scare me gaming wise was Myst.

When I played it, it felt like the blair witch project.

oopsdidn'tmeanto

Sep 26, 2008
The eel in the Jolly Roger Bay world of Super Mario 64. Seriously. *shudders* My hydrophobia was already quite severe... The giant squids from Wind Waker seemed to affect my phobia as well.

... I once had a nightmare where Dahlia Gillespie attempted to kiss me after I viewed the Silent Hill "bloopers" for the first time.

This is kind of an old game, but the zombies from Conker's Bad Fur Day actually frighten me MORE than any zombie in Resident Evil. Please tell me that I am not the only one frightened by undead chipmunks.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Eiseman said:

Heh. Fear by association.

XxFear ItselfxX

Dec 28, 2008
Miora (I hope that's spelt right) from Fallout 3 creeps me out. She stitched a smiley face in my character!
Salazar from RE4 isn't any better...

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
Mike Toreno from GTA: San Andreas.

I worry time to time that he's going to appear in the back seat of my car, put a gun to my head and suggest I go steal a Harrier from the Navy.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
XxFear ItselfxX said:
Miora (I hope that's spelt right) from Fallout 3 creeps me out. She stitched a smiley face in my character!
Salazar from RE4 isn't any better...
Quick question: Is it just me, or does Moira (it's spelled Moira, by the way) sound a little like Sarah Palin? If so, it worries me even more that I'm putting my life on the line for her research.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
4thegreatergood said:
Whats there to fear about Kratos. If you can hear him coming, you aren't his target. Just stay away and try not to look like you're full of green orbs.
That's just it, we're all full of green orbs!

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
Sinistar.

Once he's fully built, he starts chasing you. He's at least twice as fast as you.

He taunts you. He wants you to run.

Run like the coward you are.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Kimosaber said:
Sinistar.

Once he's fully built, he starts chasing you. He's at least twice as fast as you.

He taunts you. He wants you to run.

Run like the coward you are.
Not only that, but he hungers.

Just had to add that.