Videogame characters you're afraid of.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
The Witch.

You hear that "wuuuuuh" sound and the music goes all high-pitched and it creeps the fuck outta me. Especially if you're playing on expert. I have a friend who was so shit scared of the witch, he'd usually run away if he heard the music come on. And then everytime we tried sneaking past her, he'd startle her and start screaming down the headset.

steve141761

Sep 17, 2008
That little girl from F.E.A.R.

Seriously... the shit she can do... That would scare the crap out of me...

AND HEAD CRABS... and crab zombies...especially the poison ones...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
xitel said:
I would say that I would piss myself if Paxton Fettel was real.
Hell yes.

Also, any of my characters in the "choose your own side games", especially KOTOR, I was one evil bastard.

Puppeteer Putin

Jan 3, 2009
Russian_Assassin said:
Pretty much any enemy that chases me in a sequence where you can't fight, but have to run for it. Even more scary is when you have to quickly crawl into a hole while the monstrosity chases you and you do anything possible to escape before the monster chops your ass off (the Antlion Guard in HL2 Ep2, the bear in Condemned 2 -I never played the game, but I watched a video on youtube and I was TERRIFIED!- etc). Also any enemy that can kill me with one hit (usually by chopping-biting my head off).
Agreed. Half-Life 2 scared the living day-lights out of me... especially Ravenholm and the sprinting zombies. Had nightmares after that. To that end, Doom 3 was also quite fearsome... Dark, confined spaces (says the man who spends most of his time in a dark room, by himself, with a luminescent screen in his face) with monsters that require space to avoid - find yourself scrambling over desks and objects... Never finished that game actually.

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
Zosephine said:
Well, Myst didn't have many characters, none of them particularly freaky, but the game still scared the bejeesus out of me. It was just so empty, and all the sudden noises freaked me out. I swear the ship level caused my irrational fear of klaxon alarm sounds.
I recently found that game at one of my families vacant rental homes and installed on an old computer. It was really eerie.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Michael_McCloud said:
XxFear ItselfxX said:
Miora (I hope that's spelt right) from Fallout 3 creeps me out. She stitched a smiley face in my character!
Salazar from RE4 isn't any better...
Quick question: Is it just me, or does Moira (it's spelled Moira, by the way) sound a little like Sarah Palin? If so, it worries me even more that I'm putting my life on the line for her research.
That thought struck me as well.

anyway, i can't think of Anyone from an old game,so i'll go with 3 new ones.

1. Mr. Sunshine From Saint's Row 2. just the fact that the man can take a whole clip from a pistol. the story for SoS sucked but i will always love Sunshine.

2. Statue(s) in the apartments in Condemned 2.

3. Deathclaws from Fallout 3. "oh crap that things moving Fa-" *dead*

tortured3679

Jul 14, 2008
PYRAMID HEAD OMG THE HORROR!!!!!!!!! just imagine if he jumped out of your tv while fighting him my guess is that your gonna shit yourself and beg for forgiveness

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
PirateKing said:
The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. Without a thermal scope I wouldn't stand a chance against them...even with a thermal scome I probably wouldn't stand a chance against them.
Aha, funny story. Friend of mine was playing through for the first time on RE 4, and his younger sister was watching. He got to the freezer room where the thermal scope was located, and he walked up to the cryogenic freezing unit or whatever the Hell they called it. He turns to his sister and asks her if he should turn it off. She practically screams at him no, knowing what is going to happen when he does, and so, he follows her advice. He got all the way to the regenerators in the garbage disposal area, when he ran out of ammo. So one day, he's complaining to me about how it's way too hard to kill them, especially in that amount of time, and with the level of ammo he has left. At this point, I kind of turn to him and start to make fun of his sniping skill. He gives me this look like I'm sort of stupid, and tells me that he's been using every weapon. At this point, I proceeded to nearly piss myself. He has since restarted the game.

As for my most feared character in a video game...ehhh, I'd have to think about that for a while...if pressed, I would have to say...the Crimson Heads from REmake. It's not so much that I'm afraid of them, it's just that they create a sense of utmost panic when they rise up from the floor, simply because you have small chance of outrunning them, even in a straightaway sprint, and, because of the cumbersome controls, you have little to no chance of outrunning them in most of the rooms. Then only way to defeat them w/o losing a decent amount of health is to hit them hard and fast, something you may not be capable of doing until later on in the game.

That or Pyramid Head.
Not only is he terrifying when you're fighting him the first time (he's just so ominous, and the room is pretty damn small), when he's damn well CHASING you through that hallway in the hospital (and he RUNS!), as well as when you fight the two of 'em later on, though I didn't find that quite as scary, simply because James is much more capable of dealing damage at this stage in the game. He's also scary even when he's just standing still. I vividly remember standing in that one part of the hallway after you hear the "noise coming from the north" in the apartment, just standing still and not wanting James to move because I was worried PH was gonna fillet the bars with the Great Knife and kill his ass.

Magnaflame

Nov 30, 2008
ph3onix said:
Magnaflame said:
Cookietaker said:
The robot that always talk to you in Portal.In the last 30 minutes or so when she starts saying she'll kill you i was pretty scared.
Holy crap that thing is freaky, and the area covered in writing from an escaped test subject, along with the turrets, make me shiver.
It's GLADoS, and how the f*** is it creepy
Her voice and the fact that she talks calmly about you dying, and she's the only other voice there.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Magnaflame said:
ph3onix said:
Magnaflame said:
Cookietaker said:
The robot that always talk to you in Portal.In the last 30 minutes or so when she starts saying she'll kill you i was pretty scared.
Holy crap that thing is freaky, and the area covered in writing from an escaped test subject, along with the turrets, make me shiver.
It's GLADoS, and how the f*** is it creepy
Her voice and the fact that she talks calmly about you dying, and she's the only other voice there.
Not true.

You forget the turrets.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Magnaflame said:
I also said I was scared of those.
Yes, but you also said that she's the only voice there, and she's not. You've got the turrets as well, and if you listen very close when you have the companion cube....

dieland

Jan 1, 2009
well for me if bowser from mario was real i would plan c it(head for the hills),um if nazi zombies from cod5 were real i would piss myself,and finnaly if kratos from god of war were real i would fall to peices and all those peices would explode.

Arcyde

Nov 16, 2008
the beserker from gears of war 1 would freak me out when it was charging down the hallway right for me

zachbob2

May 21, 2008
Kratos (God of War series)
Deathclaws (Fallout series)
Kreia (Kotor2)
(If angry) Tommy Vercetti (GTA:VC)
Postal Dude (Postal series)
Gargerensis (Age of Myhtology)

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
xitel said:
I would say that I would piss myself if Paxton Fettel was real.
I agree, one of the scariest characters from any game I've ever played was easily Paxton Fettel. If not Alma herself.
"props to the original F.E.A.R. script btw"