Videogame characters you're afraid of.

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
Sorry, I was trying to quote someone. How do you put someone elses comment in your comment?

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
the turret things from portal. not glados, the turret things (when did they say her name was glados anyway?). they sound like ghost children, and they almost sound like theyre singing. and when you knock them over they say things like "i dont hate you" and "i hope we can still be friends". but when they say "are you still there?", THAT makes me go into internal freakout mode.

oopsdidn'tmeanto

Sep 26, 2008
Heroic One said:
Super Mario 64.
Big "spooky" mansion, but the Boo are more of a campy kind of scare. Nothing to worry about! Okay, the music is a little creepy... still, nothing to get worked up about.

Hey look, a red coi- OH MY GOD MONSTER PIANO AAAAH WHAT WHAT JESUS CHRIST IT HAS TEETH
That too. The fact that my volume was up didn't aid matters either.

Magnaflame

Nov 30, 2008
Oh, and the deerhaunter from Time Splitters 3 scared me.

Hey look a de-JESUS IT'S COMING OUT OF THE WALL!

And you're in a tiny room.

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
I realize this may be a little bit of a cop-out answer, but the first couple ghosts encountered in the first Fatal Frame scared the boojum out of me. Not being able to see an enemy until you look through a camera was such a freaky experience for me. First time since I was four that I contemplated sleeping with the lights on (I was 20 when I played it).

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
The characters I am most afraid of is any JRPG´s main characters. Why you ask because you never know what the hell your looking at is it a boy or is it a girl?

For example I needed to play half of any FF game before I figure out what gender the main character has. And that scares me because most of the time one female character will take an especially erotic pose and I never know whether I can pause the screen to get a good look or if I am looking at an effeminate young boy.

Magnaflame

Nov 30, 2008
*laughs* Yeah, that would suck if you paused and your friend told you it was a guy. I'd be like "I'M NOT GAY!"

ZforZissou

Oct 19, 2008
I think that a lot of the characters in Bioshock are creepy. They only talk to you over radio, so they are simply faces, so they could be anybody... Who to trust?

XxFear ItselfxX

Dec 28, 2008
Adam the clown and Cliff in Dead Rising. Cliff is covered in blood and thinks you're Vietcong. That's bad enough but then Adam goes and falls on his own chainsaws and laughs while he dies. After Adam I saved and quit for a week.

TheMushroomClub

Aug 12, 2008
Zosephine said:
Well, Myst didn't have many characters, none of them particularly freaky, but the game still scared the bejeesus out of me. It was just so empty, and all the sudden noises freaked me out. I swear the ship level caused my irrational fear of klaxon alarm sounds.
Myst is the least violent game of all time, yet it still freaks me out too.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Not any, really.
BUT! I would say that, for me, the most evil, and at the same time sad, villains would be: Jon Irenicus.

Ahh...Baldur's Gate...will I ever not be able to reference you for gaming threads?

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Magnaflame said:
Cookietaker said:
The robot that always talk to you in Portal.In the last 30 minutes or so when she starts saying she'll kill you i was pretty scared.
Holy crap that thing is freaky, and the area covered in writing from an escaped test subject, along with the turrets, make me shiver.
It's GLADoS, and how the f*** is it creepy

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
geldonyetich said:
Redundant thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.77870].

Soon, I plan to get my mitts on Dead Space. Perhaps something in there will prove intimidating.
it's a good game but i found myself enjoying blasting the ugly things more then thinking HOLY SH@#T this is scary !!

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
The regenerators from resi 4. Just because I shot one to death - then it leapt at me and started biting my head off!

First time round Mr X from resi 2, On resi remake on any mode above normal ANYTHING even the plain zombie. The part where the two zombie dogs attack had me panic stricken. Though thats normal in resi when you realise you haven't saved in the last half hour ;).

Eiseman said:
The bug collecting girl from Twilight Princess.

Hey, shut up. That broad is a freak of nature, I say! She wants to throw a dance party for a bunch of insects! And she refers to every reward as her "happiness." Every time I walked into her little house and looked at how she's decorated, all I could think is "Batshit insane" followed by "God I look like a pedophile."
Oddly I kind of found the kookiness quaint. But then I liked the more surreal elements of TP (I loved the clowns on lake hylia). If anything I wish they made more of the game like the utterly surreal MM or at times WW.