Virtual Hotties

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I have a serious question;

Why, during these kinds of debates, do people insist on saying/implying that the male primary sex characteristic - our twig and berries, rod and reel, I'm-out-of-euphemisms - is in anyway comparable to female secondary sex characteristics - their boobs, flotation devices, whatever-you-like-to-call-them and their hips/thighs - at all?

Because they're not. At all.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
I am outraged and will have none of your civil discussion sir!
Good show, old bean!

Time to go super nerdy on all you fine people: In the books(A. Yes I read them. B. Some are actually really good(Eric Nylund) C. I only got to play 1 and 2. PC forever wooo![tries to mask the pain]). When an AI is created, it chooses ist own avatar. In the books, there was a 'female' AI that resembled a mermaid, another Athena and in Contact Harvest [cringes] they did so dynamically.

Yeah! I disproved the assumptions of a parody comic

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I feel like the industry needs more Larry's. I think there's a place for both Cortana's and Larry's.

Jan 12, 2012
Bolo The Great said:
"But hey, there's nothing else going on this week"
NOTHING else? Well i guess there are 250 pages of Nothing else in the forum :p
I don't think even Critical Miss is dumb/brave enough to go stick their head in that shark tank. It seems to be a topic that will be officially ignored while everyone in the real world talks about it endlessly.

Also, just throwing it out there, but you'd have a much better time selling it if it wasn't named Larry. That's just such an unsexy name. Maybe Lucius or Julius, or James for a more modern feel.

Gasbandit

Jun 14, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Also, just throwing it out there, but you'd have a much better time selling it if it wasn't named Larry. That's just such an unsexy name. Maybe Lucius or Julius, or James for a more modern feel.
Or even Lawrence, for which Larry is generally the short hand.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Paragon Fury said:

Why, during these kinds of debates, do people insist on saying/implying that the male primary sex characteristic - our twig and berries, rod and reel, I'm-out-of-euphemisms - is in anyway comparable to female secondary sex characteristics - their boobs, flotation devices, whatever-you-like-to-call-them and their hips/thighs - at all?

Well, they're both largely varying in size, dangle and bounce to and fro, and spit out liquids most people would normally consider rather disgusting/unfit for civil conversation.

EDIT: Didn't read the hips/thighs part. I may have only woken up a few minutes ago.

I think, since many of the times these debates are held primarily by men in the first place (at least in the forums I've frequented over the years), most men in these discussions don't think of other men in a sexual manner and as such don't really have a frame of reference for what else could or would be considered a "sex characteristic".

OT: You know, in wild bouts of madness I often felt Metroid Prime and Halo could have been cut from the same cloth back in the day. Not that I had any reason for it, beyond the fact that Master Chief and Samus both have badass power armor with vaguely-similar helmet visors.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Paragon Fury said:

Eh, what male secondary sex characteristics aren't you allowed to show in public though?

Eh, again, just make everyone a physically perfect nudist in the future and be done with it.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
My take on Cortana is that she actually modeled herself around actresses/models of said time period, to achieve better feedback from mostly male soldiers
Guys, lets be honest, to whom would you respond better?
CABAL
or
Cortana
I know I'd pick Cortana every single time.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Patriarchal nature society + males are more visual = more female eye candy, even if you take away the patriarchal nature of society its still easier to sell to teen males using cheap eye candy.

The playing field needs to be leveled some more but frankly there is not much more you can do other than censoring sexualizations of any kind.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
And while everyone is talking about equality of gender in video games I'm just sitting here thinking.

"Jesus, Larry is hung...
Like, it goes below his knee."

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Paragon Fury said:

because to do otherwise would be to admit that they see display of female secondary sexual characteristics as inferior to male ones (low body fat, big upper body muscles).

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Hey, Larry The Lazy Leprechaun With The Horse Dong is a great character.
Don't write him off as a niche market :p

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Now, I'm not usually one of those people who complain about representation or whatever...

But you will find nothing but encouragement from me if you decide to start shoving hot guys into video games. That'd be great, actually.

Paragon Fury said:

I don't get that either. I mean, it's not even as readily visible as "flotation devices," and that's frankly an awesome thing because it looks a little weird and... not very attractive at all.

Now, a sculpted torso, a fine dusting of stubble, a slight openness at the collar - that. That's hot. Give me more of that.