Visceral Proves Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
lacktheknack said:
FinalHeart95 said:
Best. Ad. Campaign. Ever.

Seriously, they took the very thing that most would use AGAINST video games, and used it to their advantage. Brilliant.
I don't understand. "Your mother hates Dead Space" is good advertising? What are you, a rebellious fourteen year old?
I see many things wrong with this post
1) There was a comment exactly about rebellious 14 year olds, saying something that everyone else has already said is neither witty nor humorous.
2) Keep the flames down, he makes a comment and you proceed to insult him.
3) The ad, while silly, was hilarious, different strokes for different blokes, it'd be best to remember your opinion is not the end-all be-all.

PipBoy2000

Oct 7, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
I think this advertising was awful. It didn't make the game look any better or good at all. It made me feel like it was appealing to kids. Like it was saying "Hey kid, your mom doesn't want you to play it." and kids eat that crap up.

As an adult, I thought it was stupid and playing the stereotype we hate here, that video games are uber violent things for children. Awful. I don't get why everyone here is championing it. When I saw it on TV yesterday, I got kinda sad.
Quoted for truth.

Are all of the other people in this thread children, by any chance? Can't you guys see what sort of damage this sort of campaign can cause to our hobby?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Marik2 said:
LOL this was really funny XD

The EA team sure knows how to market games, but not so much in making them good...just mediocre.
Im pretty sure they did this for the lulz.

What other reaction did they expect form "Moms taken from the conservative heart of America"?
:p

And i have high hopes for DS2, i need to download the demo.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
PipBoy2000 said:
Frostbite3789 said:
I think this advertising was awful. It didn't make the game look any better or good at all. It made me feel like it was appealing to kids. Like it was saying "Hey kid, your mom doesn't want you to play it." and kids eat that crap up.

As an adult, I thought it was stupid and playing the stereotype we hate here, that video games are uber violent things for children. Awful. I don't get why everyone here is championing it. When I saw it on TV yesterday, I got kinda sad.
Quoted for truth.

Are all of the other people in this thread children, by any chance? Can't you guys see what sort of damage this sort of campaign can cause to our hobby?
I'm pretty sure almost anything us gamers do is a danger to our "hobby". Hell, if the ad was replaced with the Devs saying "all of our profits would go to charity" The general public could turn it around saying "they're trying to confuse you into buying their devil-spawn!"

I for one found this ad to be hilarious and a note-worthy troll.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
I.E.D. said:
When my mom saw me playing Dead Space she asked me if the poor disfigured people in the game could be cured of their terrible condition, rather than being shot. I was left speechless. My mom is awesome.
Your mum is awesome (thats not a your mum joke). What a brilliant perspective to take to Dead Space, although it does rather make me feel computer games have killed my imagination and ability to think for myself!

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
/facepalm about all the people getting angry about this video.

You really don't understand it? You don't understand how this could be a good advertisement? And it's not funny because your mothers don't care what you play?

What the fuck, internet became serious business again or what?
It's a joke, nothing more. And a good one at that. Pull that stick out of your asses.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
That was rather funny. I guffawed a couple of times, and chuckled dozens of times.
However I don't think think that my mother would be too disturbed. She has seen me disembowel people in God Of War, blow people apart in Fallout 3 and light people on fire in Spyro The Dragon[footnote]Better known as the sickest, most evil, demonic and brutal game out there. It has turned hundreds of people into murder machines that just won't stop.[/footnote]. She even watched me play the Dead Space 2 demo, and all she had too say about it was that she didn't understand how I could respond so quickly to some of the attacks. I.E. she didn't understand my reflex speed to some of the enemies popping out of tubes.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
YES. HELL YES. Visceral did this very right.
And like this, the target audience was cut down to the people who are meant to play the game.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
GoGo_Boy said:
/facepalm about all the people getting angry about this video.

You really don't understand it? You don't understand how this could be a good advertisement? And it's not funny because your mothers don't care what you play?

What the fuck, internet became serious business again or what?
It's a joke, nothing more. And a good one at that. Pull that stick out of your asses.
A)I didn't know TV was the internet?

B) I'm not 12, so the ad didn't appeal to me.

I don't play video games to spite my parents.