Voltron Movie Concept Art Beats Transformers By a Mile

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Voltron Movie Concept Art Beats Transformers By a Mile

Anyone that loved or hated the Transformers movies should take a gander at where Voltron could be headed.

The Voltron [http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Revenge-Single-Disc-Shia-Labeouf/dp/B002IPFWTE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1284750817&sr=8-5] live-action film, for which recently revealed concept art looks amazing.

Movie website JoBlo recieved the exclusive images, which hopefully show the true art direction the movie will go in. It's sort of like the Transformers movies, but the art retains the colorful look of the robots it's based on. Take a peek.

The franchise's robot lions look amazing and are shown battling a vicious enemy in the ruined remains of New York. I think we all know that robots are cool, but gigantic robotic animals that merge into humanoid robots are much cooler. Now if the Voltron movie can just follow this art direction, and bring the world the next Megan Fox too, it'll be golden.

Source: G4 [http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33872]

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
All I have to say is I want this to come out sooner. I would rather that it bring in a hot girl that can act than a hot girl that cannot though.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I am not familiar with Voltron, so allow me to say 'what the fuck is that'.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, despite not being familiar with Voltron, my inherent love of giant robot battles in crowded urban centers caused me to make this face when I saw it.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
lol hopefully they do a space one if this one makes bank, since i got the entire space voltron set somewhere.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Oh my. Those look rather nice.

Hopefully it won't follow in the same footsteps as Transformers.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
There is gonna be a Voltron movie?
There is gonna be a Voltron movie....
THERE IS GONNA BE A VOLTRON MOVIE!

HELLLLLLLZ YEAAAAAAAA!

Oh God my childhood if bombarding my mind right now.
Those pics look AMAZING!

"Form feet and Legs!"
*Gashunk! Gashunk!*
"Form Arms and Body!*
*Verrchk! Verrchk!*
"AND ILL FORM THE HEAD!"

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Let's hope it doesn't suck. And let's hope Michael Bay doesn't have anything to do with it.

Sep 14, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
looks good. I predict Movie bob anger for this. I might see this movie though.
3...2...1...nerd rage, engaged *RRRRRRRRAGGGEWEEEEEEEEE BAD MOVIE IS BAD*

OT: those look fucking awesome, i never watched voltron but ill be sure to give it a go when it comes out

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
Awesome concept art. Really cool-awesome concept art. As for the entire plot and setting? Meh.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Nice concept art. Wonder if the real deal will be as intensely amazing.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL.... er... i mean.... thunder... Thunder... THUNDER.... er...

whatever, im in 4 voltron