Sep 4, 2008
I've been proved wrong.

There is a god.

And he likes Voltron.

Seeing this opening night for sure.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
looks good. I predict Movie bob anger for this. I might see this movie though.
More like trepidation [http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2010/09/voltron-concept-art-looks-like-youd.html] at this point. But he's right--if they decide to set this on present-day Earth, I have little interest in seeing it. I've seen enough desecration of my childhood lately, thanks.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
If you told me that Micheal Bay was directing it I would go crawl into a corner and cry. But I looks great, can't wait.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
looks good. I predict Movie bob anger for this. I might see this movie though.
I have my doubts about that. He's spoken pretty highly of Japanese products in the few times he has mentioned them.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ruining it by putting in in the "real world" aside being better than transformers is easy doing better than it....not so much....

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
I know very little about Voltron. That being said, this looks like one I'm going to have to catch. Giant robot lions? Let's do this thing.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
I'm sorry NO!

That is ugly, what is with these 'updated' mecha designs which are aesthetically disgusting and just plain wrong. You can argue realism but Voltron is a SUPER ROBOT it would be like trying to apply logic to Superman it just doesn't work. And you can argue that it seems like it's more plausible but it's a COMBINING GIANT ROBOT.

No you want Mecha design, like GOOD updated Mecha?

try Gaiking

And here's the original

Do you see how that is both A. Nostalgic and B. Badass?

Sure it loses the color and I despise that I'm a big retro-robot fan, but the design is still good and I can live with losing a bit of red.

Those things... okay Rule 1, when designs a giant fighting machine that already stretches the realm of believable, don't make it with GAPS IN IT'S FRAGGING ARMOR! It would be like being in a fight with your skin gone and your insides exposed "Please hit me real hard in my obvious weak point" and when the obvious weak point is all over your body, we have reached a new low.

I'm sorry but no matter how much you try to justify the giant robot being plausible I will not buy it, so stop trying to make it believable and go back to doing this.

And this

Hell the only thing wrong about the Gaiking movie is it has NOTHING TO DO WITH GAIKING WHAT SO EVER Not the original manga, anime or the sequel revival :Legend of Daiku Maryu

And if you don't believe me still, look at the live action concept art for Evangelion

See how they LOOK LIKE EVANGELIONS?! not something I said "Hey lets strip armor from our war machine"

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
There is gonna be a Voltron movie?
There is gonna be a Voltron movie....
THERE IS GONNA BE A VOLTRON MOVIE!

HELLLLLLLZ YEAAAAAAAA!

Oh God my childhood if bombarding my mind right now.
Those pics look AMAZING!

"Form feet and Legs!"
*Gashunk! Gashunk!*
"Form Arms and Body!*
*Verrchk! Verrchk!*
"AND ILL FORM THE HEAD!"

*nerdgasm*

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
vanthebaron said:
Gigaguy64 said:

HELLLLLLLZ YEAAAAAAAA!

Those pics look AMAZING!

"Form feet and Legs!"
*Gashunk! Gashunk!*
"Form Arms and Body!*
*Verrchk! Verrchk!*
"AND ILL FORM THE HEAD!"

*nerdgasm*
up until most of the focus is on the entirely recast pilots as soldiers in a special military unit, a romantic sub plot, no fleshing out of the villains and the robots in the movie for what 10 minutes at the end?

EDIT: And boy you can forget that battle cry, it will be "Initiate Voltron Sequence" if your lucky

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
This looks pretty cool, and the important thing is that Michael Bay has nothing to do with it, at least for now. (Fingers crossed!)

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
Oh god this is going to be amazing. I hope people do not write it off as a "Transformers Ripoff"

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
It's a big world. Go someplace other than New York. That city has been done to death.

But who am I kidding? I'd go see this in a heartbeat.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
These pics somewhat remind of the Evangelion movie project, which I'm now guessing is never going to happen.

Anyway, I don't think I ever watched Voltron, so this doesn't really mean much to me unfortunately.

Tom Goldman said:
The franchise's robot lions look amazing and are shown battling a viscous enemy in the ruined remains of New York.
Still, battling a viscous enemy. That'll be interesting to watch, at least. :)

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
theaceplaya said:
It's a big world. Go someplace other than New York. That city has been done to death.

But who am I kidding? I'd go see this in a heartbeat.
What's the bets the events centre around the 4th of July too?

Pictures look good, but, that means nothing. Transformers had some pretty cool shots before the movies came out, so this could very easily do the same thing.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Hopefully this will involve less flashing lights and accompanying seizures, or I'd be smelling a massive lawsuit...

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
SpaceMedarotterX said:
vanthebaron said:
Gigaguy64 said:

HELLLLLLLZ YEAAAAAAAA!

Those pics look AMAZING!

"Form feet and Legs!"
*Gashunk! Gashunk!*
"Form Arms and Body!*
*Verrchk! Verrchk!*
"AND ILL FORM THE HEAD!"

*nerdgasm*
up until most of the focus is on the entirely recast pilots as soldiers in a special military unit, a romantic sub plot, no fleshing out of the villains and the robots in the movie for what 10 minutes at the end?

EDIT: And boy you can forget that battle cry, it will be "Initiate Voltron Sequence" if your lucky

sad but true

Thomas Hardy

Aug 24, 2010
I'm surprised nobody's talking about the monster!

Does that not look about 10x more badass than that aborted alien puppy from Cloverfield?

Maybe Americans just can't MAKE giant monster/robot movies.

--Micheal Bay sure as hell can't.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Kalezian said:
Ekonk said:
I am not familiar with Voltron, so allow me to say 'what the fuck is that'.

Imagine Transformers, now imagine if five of them were animals that transform into a bad-ass robot ala Power Rangers style and beat the shit out of the monster of the week.

the original cartoon is pretty lame compared to what we have now, but its practically the sample of 1980's anime.

it has a giant robot, an evil person wanting to takeover/destroy a planet said robot defends, five spunky pilots which for some reason are the only ones who can pilot the lions, and of course....... the animal sidekicks...........

though, if I remember right, Voltron took place on a different planet entirely, though earth was referenced a few times; Im worried with these pictures of the New York landscape, someone important on this movie forgot that.
So Beasties?