Watch Dogs: 30 FPS on Both Xbox One and PS4, Confirms Ubisoft

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
These new consoles are just a big disappointment, sigh, c'est la vie.

I'm definitely sticking to my PC this gen, until right near the end when the consoles drop in price and there are plenty of exclusives to dig into.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Welcome to current gen folks, it can only go downhill from here. I think we already have enough 'PC Master Race' comments though.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
That's all well and good, but when you heavily advertise your game on pretty graphics (far more so than the gameplay, which granted, seems awesome), you don't get to come out and say "but graphics aren't really THAT important!". Talk to your marketing teams and get your shit sorted out. No one would bat an eye that this game is coming out with the graphics it has, except you advertised as shit on this being the "true next-gen experience" and based that claim on graphics alone. If you wanna stick to that claim, then you'll have a LOT to answer for if the gameplay is not completely out of this world - which I don't believe it is. Don't get me wrong, I expect it to be a good game and an innovative concept to a point, but it'll take a lot to convince me this game couldn't have been made five or even ten years ago, seeing as it's a GTA clone with some additional features (which again, are cool, but don't scream "this was made possible by new technology").

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
I honestly don't know why I have a ps4 when the graphics compared to the ps3/360 are negligible at best. Share button/Multimedia/Kinect I give no shits about. Having serious buyer's regret, something that has never happened with a console b4, including the likes of Dreamcast and Wii.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I haven't bought either of the current gen consoles, and I really don't plan on buying them, either. Not if there isn't going to be a killer app I can't live without.

Let me get this straight... Halo 3 looked pretty damn good and ran at 570p30fps. You're saying that ten years of advancement in technology can't do the same at 60fps?

Graphics are not necessarily important to me, but smoothness of gameplay is. 60fps+ or gtfo.

balfore

Nov 9, 2006
I've never given a single crap about what FPS my console or PC run at. Resolution is my only picky point but if a game is fun why care so much about the graphics?

Yes its nice to have good graphics but indie games and the fact that classic games are still well received makes a good argument for graphics not being that big of a deal.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
People with some hardware knowledge already would of put 2 and 2 together and figure out that the "insides" of the next gen consoles can't run these open world games at 1080p 60.

I guess Ubi finally decided to tell the truth so these PS4 vs X1 fanboy wars would stop. Oh wait..they will still do it because PS4 is 900p and X1 is 792p.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Game devs absolutely need to stop insisting that there's a minimal difference between 30 and 60fps. Anyone with eyes can see the difference, it really is like night and day. As for them not meeting their 1080p expectation? I can't say I'm terribly surprised. These consoles aren't nearly as powerful as they ought to be for next gen.

Kungfusam

Jun 26, 2013
Are people genuinely expecting console to ever be on par with PC's?

I say this as console gamer, but PC will always be technically better then consoles and consoles will always get more exclusives be more convenient for gaming

There are pro's and cons to both, with PC's normally having the advantage

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Macs are less powerful then PCs yeah? iPhones are less powerful then windows phone yeah? Consoles are les powerful then pcs yeah?
You guys all own PCs right? Run a google search for shit that doesn't matter, you should find watch dog's frame rate.
I used to be proud to be a PC gamer, now I have to remove that from my job applications thanks to stuff like this.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Kungfusam said:

I say this as console gamer, but PC will always be technically better then consoles and consoles will always get more exclusives be more convenient for gaming

u wut m8?

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-video-games-of-2013

just in 2013 PC got more good games[footnote]games with 75 or more on metacritic[/footnote] than all the home consoles combined, in fact it got more good games than all the home consoles combined times two

now i dont know how many of those titles just happen to be multiplats that missed one or 2 consoles but included PC, but still

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
The power of the cloud compels you! Who needs resolutions that became standard years ago when you have THE CLOUD?. The next gen of consoles will be sure to close the gap, we've only got to wait another 8 years!

Also Gaben, throw that in somewhere.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Kungfusam said:

Always be more convenient is subject to opinion really, especially considering you can get something like a Steambox. And having more exclusives is blatantly wrong. So blatantly wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/big-pc-exclusives-of-2014-and-2015-31035102/

And that's not even half of the titles. (And Tropico5 is on that list when its coming out on 360 and PS4)

Kungfusam

Jun 26, 2013
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:

u wut m8?

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-video-games-of-2013

just in 2013 PC got more good games[footnote]games with 75 or more on metacritic[/footnote] than all the home consoles combined, in fact it got more good games than all the home consoles combined times two

now i dont know how many of those titles just happen to be multiplats that missed one or 2 consoles but included PC, but still
I said more, not better, and by more I mean AAA, since consoles tend to focus on exclusives to sell them

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Is there any aspect of this game they've been straight about? I mean I'm old enough not to get hyped up and follow a game by fricking Ubisoft, but every time I read something on here about it its always "lol we lied, but it really doesn't matter".

I blame those "realistic" graphics they try to go for, just give it a good artstyle for gods sake to make it pretty whatever you run it on and be done with it.