Watch Leon Kennedy Die in Resident Evil: Raccoon City Gameplay Trailer

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
Well at least Leon doesn't have to listen to the president's daughter yell his name every two seconds now. I've always wanted a depature from the old stand-and-shoot, nonsensical puzzle gameplay of the numbered Resident Evil games, as well as explore Raccoon City a little more. Shame it's not coming out on PC. :(

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I believe we have found the WORST trailer this year. Without the shadow of a doubt...

(If you disagree, re-watch it.)

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Okay, killing Leon Kennedy is just a ploy to get people to buy the game.
The characters you play as look like they were made by fucking 14 year olds, and so does their overly gravely voices and names.
What the fuck is a german woman called Bertha doing in an assault squad, and why does she have a fucking skirt and her hair coming out from behind her mask?

This game is turning what little of the Resident Evil universe wasn't already into a joke. It's essentially doing what Resident Evil 4 did but adding in the overarching storyline and making it play out seriously.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Nifty advances in biotechnology aside, even in the RE world, I doubt there were cloaking devices of any kind kicking around. Let alone a personal one. I'm calling it now; it's all some kind of similation room like the X-men war room, to train troops. :D (... yeah, I'm wrong, I know.)

Kyle Roberts

Feb 18, 2011
They usally do this in vidoe games he wont die it will probaly end up with clare saving him or usmc since killing the main character isn't the best way to start a game if you plan to have him in the sequal.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I don't think Leon will be "killed" per se, it'll probably end up as some retcon involving some sort of Virus that gave him the strength and stamina we see in RE4.

Still this looks interesting, I like 3rd person shooters, I like zombies, and I like resident evil.

The Sane

Apr 2, 2010
He went invisible.... while inside the helicopter (?!). The fact that he is flying in a big loud visible helicopter wont give him away?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
We never see Leon get actually slashed or an actual gunshot.

I'm calling a twist that Claire or Ada shot the spec ops and the "target" is something else.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
AnythingOutstanding said:
Remember when Resident Evil was a survival horror title?

I do.
Tell me about it, dude... Fuckin' tell me about it.

I was horrified when RE5 tried to be Gears of War, but this...? Eugh. I don't even know why they are bothering to make this game! I am a Resident Evil fan! I want to play a Resident Evil game! I want suspense, fear and puzzles! I want a game where the most successful way to win is to kill as little as possible! I want a game where I have to plan my every move, learn the structure of my environment and execute my movements with deadly precision in order to survive. I do not want "Call of Evil: Resident Warfare".

When I inevitably usurp the... well... WORLD, for want of a better goal, I shall do thus: Re-release Resident Evil 0 - Code Veronica in a Box Set entitled "RESIDENT EVIL". Bonus features of this collection will include some of the less canonically correct, yet still fun, titles such as Umbrella Chronicles, Outbreak and the other shooty ones. I shall then re-release a super awesome, fantasmical edition of RE 4, retitled "The New Adventures of Leon and Ada: Attack of the Disgruntled Spaniards". All other RE games which followed RE 4 shall then be plunged into eternal darkness. Resident Evil shall then end.

I understand that, in order to prevent stagnation, video games must develop. However, if the recent piss we have to put up with from the Resident Evil family has taught me anything, it's that some series' just have to stop. RE is not without it's issues (writing, etc.), but the modern iterations...? I almost smashed the bloody XBox whilst playing RE5...

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
You would think that with the massive popularity of zombies these days that Resident Evil Franchise wouldn't be afriad to put out a Survival Game about Zombies. But this is good..another shooter. RUn and gun whatever its gonna be. COuld do with more of those.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
This game is an alternate universe/non canon/spin off so stop getting mad about it.
This isn't resident evil 6, they're not going to turn the future games into squad based shooters.

Hell arguably the Star Trek reboot did worse damage to its source material, it had an alternate universe, it was action based and what happened in the plot meant that all other star trek series never existed.

This game will be a fun spin-off. Enjoy it for what it is.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Is RE Just getting stupider, well, it was already pretty stupid (Seriously, to all you Resident Evil fans, how can you bear the series' plot? You deserve a medal)?

troopr6661

Apr 15, 2011
hopefully this game will be great if not i wll be sadly dissapointed cause resident evil 5 broke my faith in the resident evil series......but overall the game looks badass and i will be buying it indefinately =]

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
dude... zombies in HD... finally!

Though breaking canon is a slight issue as long as you don't take it *too* seriously

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I seriously cannot believe people can go around saying things like "Resident Evil canon" and not just die laughing.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Soooo I get to play a faceless bad guy ninja and I get to kill Leon which in turn pisses off countless fanboys.... count me in!