We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
"Your arm will be okay?"

OOC: Sorry, about the disappearance. Work.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
"Whenever you're ready to proceed through the portal, I'll be ready. I just hope you have enough energy on you after that altercation."

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Dala smiled, finally something going her way.
She breathed in and out, and between her teeth the paper (?) with the number of the prosthetics maker, and an earthly coin, appeared. Then she put the coin in, used her foot to dial, then took the telephone receiver between shoulder and ear.

Hoping the prosthetics dealer would answer, she waited some time.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Montreal

"I stole some life from that mage, so I should be good." Yauna said, before taking Shana's hand in her own and muttering a quick incantation. In the blink of an eye, the pair of them would vanish from sight. Yauna would then slowly lead Shana through the portal, doing her best to stay quiet and keeping her eyes out for Blue or the mages keeping the portal open.

[hr]

Mathan Daer

After a short wait, Dala would hear the ringing stop as an answering machine began recording a message.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Roads of Montreal.
The APC swerved, the AI pod fried by a jet of chemical flame that erupted from beneath the turret. The electronic trauma of the AIs destruction caused a feedback on the linked driver. In the loss of control he ploughed into a building, the APC going half way in before coming to a stop, the driver attempted to signal for a secondary retrieval but blacked out before he could. The passenger inside had been knocked out as well. A few blocks away a stealth dropship hovered silently in wait, if it recieved no signal it would bug out and a smaller team would be sent in instead to clean up evidence

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
"That sounds great! I'm a little hungry after all this." Nina paused for a moment and asked, "I remembered that I have some unfinished business back where I came from. Mind if I see about handling that? If it goes like I hope it will, it'll definitely benefit the both of us."

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
Shana kept quiet as they proceeded. She looked around for Nina beyond the portal. She did overhear something about "unfinished business."

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Lambda stood on her side of the portal, her face grim and her robotic eye flaring angrily.

Candace took off her coat, trying to shake it dry.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Without recieving anything from the extraction unit the large dropship silently drifts away. An equally stealthed yet smaller dropship begins making its way towards the last signal of the APC.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Sure, do it. The portal is open for you now. You can go and leave whenever you want." Blue said to Nina.
She hesitated for a moment, maybe sensing something, but then went back to seemingly not paying attention.

[hr]

[color=e50000]"Hello? I was told you were ... damnit, you can't even call me back, can you? What sense does it make to get a message then ... fuck!"[/color] Dala told the phone. [color=e50000]"I will call tomorrow again."[/color]

She then hung up, struggling a little bit to do it without arms, then walked further through the city, looking to find an inn or something similar.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
I don't like this. This sounds like there's some deal between Nina and Blue.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
When Yauna was ready, Shana and her would head back out the portal to follow Nina.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Montreal

Yauna would lift Shana's hand to point at Blue, then let go of Shana and run her finger across Shana's neck, silently signalling for Shana to kill Blue.

Yauna would then walk away slowly, looking for the mages, while staying within 150 feet/45m of Shana to maintain the invisibility.

[hr]

Mathan Daer

Dala would find a small hotel after a short walk through the city.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Blue's body seemed to shift slightly.

"Now, didn't anyone tell you that I can read minds? Meaning, I know whose minds are in this room." Blue stated to the air.

[hr]

Dala entered it, and ordered a room for the night.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
Shana, while she was a person who just cut off the leg of a soldier in self defense, was not so keen on the idea of killing. But without speaking up, this was hard to convey. In a panic, she tiptoed over to Yauna as quickly as she could. When in view, she gave a visible shake of her head.

She moved her lips silently and mouthed the words: "I don't want to kill. I'm not an assassin."

She was cut off by Blue. She mouthed: "We need to get out of here, now."

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Montreal

By reading Yauna's mind, even just on the surface level, she would likely detect the faint presence of a devilish being. Upon realising the metaphorical jig was going up like a balloon-covered house, Yauna dropped the illusion and began casting a spell immediately. This spell, if it worked, would begin draining both the moisture and life from Blue's body. If Blue responded by countering the spell, Yauna would react with a counterspell of her own.

Until Yauna dropped the spell, Shana's miming and mouthing would be ineffective due to her temporary case of invisibility.

[hr]

Mathan Daer

Dala would be required to pay in the modern, local currency rather than Earth money but, if she somehow managed to get some, she would be given a room.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
This was not the wisest of ideas. Shana's mind was racing, not entirely sure why Yauna decided to stick around and try and assassinate Blue. She whispered angrily: "If you're planning on killing her, do not expect me to help. I came here to get Nina."