We are Team Siren

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Devoneaux said:

Stating facts and saying you want to change things isn't anything bad.

It seem this guy is being over defensive and reading too much into things.
It's more to do with the fact that they're terrible at comp LoL, regardless of gender. Gold1 isn't good enough!

OT: Meh, I was hoping for a borderlands related chat :c

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Why was there a clip of them shooting real-life guns at targets? Are they going to kill people who beat them?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Devoneaux said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Devoneaux said:

Stating facts and saying you want to change things isn't anything bad.

It seem this guy is being over defensive and reading too much into things.
Moonlight, your bias is showing.

So you see nothing wrong with a group of players trying to get ahead by exploiting their gender rather than becoming better players?
Of course I do I was pissed when this playboy lass was like 'I got 90 in WOW I want a career in games!' :| mkay.

But this video just doesn't feel like it's doing that, to me.

They should get better at the game of course but then why is anyone bothered they will be shown up in no time. The whole thing just seems like sour grapes.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Syzygy23 said:
I like this version of their Team Trailer better:

Hope they have fun playing LoL, I couldn't in to it. Community is HORRID.
I was gonna post that. Favourite part is when the cup is unveiled.

OT: There's really nothing wrong with this. I don't understand why some people are so pissed off.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Your gender doesn't matter when you play games- BUT DON'T SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN. JEEZ. WHY CANT YOU BE HAPPY BEING AUTO-MALED?

...WHY DON'T GURLZ PLAY GAEMS?!

^ A silly portion of the community.

If gender doesn't matter dont get your pants in a twist that they say they are ladies. They are.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
"The first all-female League of Legends team"

Wait, League of Legends has been around since 2009. Why is this niche only being filled now?

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
I never thought i would be pumped and sport a bonner in the same time. It's the weirdest thing.

Wait? The LoL community is pissed about this?

Well of course they are, did you ever see the League of Legends forums? They make the 9 circles of hell look like a playground. I think that is where the first God of Chaos from our world will be born. Just imagine it, a physical manifestation of hatred and spite.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Lol...why would anybody care? This video was obviously put together to sell that tournament rather than glorify the Sirens. So they're an all-girl team in a statistically male-dominated community of players. Congrats.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
They look like a bunch of girly gurls. You can go all girl power you want, but it wont matter at all if you actually cant win. To me, it just seems like shooting yourself on the foot by restricting yourself to something irrelevant like gender.

But hell. If these people geniouinely the best they could gather and all just happened to be women and this advertisement is just very unfairly made, more power to them. If they end up winning, I'd be pleasantly suprised.

For now though, Im just going to say its a marketing gimmick and attention seeking.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Phasmal said:
Your gender doesn't matter when you play games- BUT DON'T SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN. JEEZ. WHY CANT YOU BE HAPPY BEING AUTO-MALED?

If gender doesn't matter dont get your pants in a twist that they say they are ladies. They are.

I think what people are "getting their pants in a twist" over is this: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_system

That is the league system for LoL.

If the OP is correct in that as a team they are only Gold 1 that means they are top division of the third lowest, fourth highest Tier. Which means they are absolutely miles from anything even approaching competitive as a team. (NB - their website has solo queue rankings for them which presents most of them in a better light at Diamond level, one person aside whose highest is Platinum IV, but no overall team ranking that I can find.)

It'd be different if their team was in Challenger league. And with dedication and a ton of work there's no reason they couldn't get there if they have the talent. But, again assuming the Gold 1 allegation is correct (I don't follow the LoL scene), if not for the whole "we're an all girl team" thing they wouldn't even be on the radar. Gender is being used for attention at the expense of players (male and female) who are actually better than they are.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
So what I'm getting out of this is that this "team siren" is really good at putting on headphones and likes dubsetp a lot and people hate them for that.
Okay...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
piinyouri said:
(Just to clarify because I know this board loves to jump on misogyny/misandry topics like a starved lion on a water buffalo, the male equivalent of this is just as obnoxious.)
Has there ever been a male equivalent? I never really thought anyone needed to put up a clubhouse to avoid women in gaming.

CriticalMiss said:
They should be banned from the interwebs just for using wubstep. That sort of thing is unacceptable!
Without the wubwubs, how would we know the douchebags from the non-douchebags?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Phasmal said:

OMG. I love you. Marry me.

(just don't tell my girlfriend).

But seriously, that always does bug me. "gender doesn't matter" coming from people who spazz out about even tangentially mentioning you're a girl.