We are Team Siren

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Devoneaux said:
No no, continue missing the point entirely. I'll wait...
I like the fact that you accuse me of missing the point while both misrepresenting me and addressing a point that isn't mine.

Oops.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
IceForce said:
"The first all-female League of Legends team"

Wait, League of Legends has been around since 2009. Why is this niche only being filled now?
Because they have sponsors behind them.

They're not even good, they're just banking on the whole "Gamer Gurl xD" theme behind their team, and that's just IT.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I have no opinion one way or another. What bugs the ever-living shit out of me is the amount of in-game "I'M A SIREN" dumbfuckery that's going on right now. It's beyond irritating. It's not funny, it's not a good joke, it's just a "hey let's make fun of those chicks over there". The two reasons I hate and love the league of legends community: anything that's self-referential in its humor spreads like wild-fire, so we get some interesting gems sometimes, and other times we get "I'm a siren GOD I AM SO FUCKING CLEVER".

Just... ugh.

Boy's club stays boy's club. Yeah, sure, they're taking advantage of being female in a largely male competitive scene. They're also likely not very good, given what is known of their team rank. I can't really judge though, because I'm not the one trying to break into the competitive scene, and they're still probably better than the majority of people who actually spew the "EHMEGERD GURLS IN OUR GAEM" bullshit. Mostly because being better than a bronze/silver league player takes about two fingers and one eye, as well as an active monitoring of personal nose-picking.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
Phasmal said:
Your gender doesn't matter when you play games- BUT DON'T SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN. JEEZ. WHY CANT YOU BE HAPPY BEING AUTO-MALED?

...WHY DON'T GURLZ PLAY GAEMS?!

^ A silly portion of the community.

If gender doesn't matter dont get your pants in a twist that they say they are ladies. They are.
I think a problem that most of those lol playing fools have is that they're simply not good enough.
Not because they're girls, or anything like that, but because well...they're not at a high enough level to play in the league (huehuehue,geddit) that they're purportedly playing in.
Though a few of the reactions are more than daft.
Oh well, such is life.

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
People got mad over this? Really?
I honestly don't really care, yeah I think so obviously drawing attention to the fact that a team is all 'something' kind of misses the point, but the trailer isn't insulting men or suggesting that they are in some way a superior team because they are women so I find it rally hard to see why this would piss off anyone who wasn't a sexist douche bag (that's not directed at anyone who genuinely doesn't like the trailer or anything, different strokes and all that.).

One thing I will say is there dose seem to be a lot of seemingly random shots in there. I don't play LoL but is it necessary to train at a shooting gallery?

DugMachine said:
[snip] ...with nothing to show of their skill. [snip]
Now that's just text book.

Side note,
dumbseizure said:
Is it a bit over the top? Of course, I don't think the Justice League has an introduction with that much drama.[snip]
This made me lol.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Wow people and this forum as so eager to label anything as sexism.

Anyways the way I hear it from the community is that they are mocked because they are no where near pro level and this whole team is just a publicity stunt with a very ridiculous video.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Here I thought this was going to be about Sirens in Borderlands/BL2.

League of Legends though? I'll just keep out of this and do what I do best in LoL - fiddle around with Sona and play bots when I do play.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Devoneaux said:
Phasmal said:
Your gender doesn't matter when you play games- BUT DON'T SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN. JEEZ. WHY CANT YOU BE HAPPY BEING AUTO-MALED?

If gender doesn't matter dont get your pants in a twist that they say they are ladies. They are.
Wow, misrepresent the argument more please, I can still tell what it is we're discussing.

I mean I guess it makes sense you'd agree that women deserve to be handed success on the merit of being women and nothing else. It pretty much meets my expectations of you at this point. =/
And where does that statement come across in their video? They make a point about gender precisely once. Hardly enough to say their goimg 'OMG we gurl gamerz, love us, vote for us cause we have bewbs!'

The video is pretty daft, but I don't see anything about it playing on gender beyond one movie-trailer-esque cheesy tagline, and the fact there are girls in it. Their success, if any, is going to depend on their skills, unless you think the game itself is going to give them free buffs for being ladies.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Well, to be fair, I've seen teams of dudes that are much too eager to remind me of their masculinity through the overabundance of penis and erection jokes and ignorant homophobia.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Devoneaux said:
Phasmal said:

Wow, misrepresent the argument more please, I can still tell what it is we're discussing.

I mean I guess it makes sense you'd agree that women deserve to be handed success on the merit of being women and nothing else. It pretty much meets my expectations of you at this point. =/
Oh no, not your expectations!
I don't care if they're HANDED anything or not, but people freaking out over them saying they're women is silly.
I said nowhere they should be handed anything.
Misrepresent much?

Malty Milk Whistle said:
I think a problem that most of those lol playing fools have is that they're simply not good enough.
Not because they're girls, or anything like that, but because well...they're not at a high enough level to play in the league (huehuehue,geddit) that they're purportedly playing in.
Though a few of the reactions are more than daft.
Oh well, such is life.
If that's the problem people are having then that's just dandy. But there are people taking issue with their supposed `hey look we're girls` approach.
They kind of are girls, so what's the big deal?
If a guy wanted to be all like `Oh yeah I'm a MAN` I'd be fine with it.
I might think both would look silly but I'm not pretending that we're at a point in gaming where gender `doesn't matter` while you're still assumed male unless you stated otherwise and then why did you?! Attention seeker.
It seems messed up to me.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Uhm, if I didn't know better, I'd think this was an advertisement or some kind of an action flick opening sequence, really. But it's good that they enjoy the game they play.