We Dare Gets 12+ Rating, Parents Go Nuts

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
12 does seem a little low. 15+ I could agree with. But ultimately, it's spin the bottle on the Wii.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"As a family friendly console, Wii must ensure that there are proper checks and a full consultation before games are graded for use by children,"
If only we had some sort of standard ratings board that independantly checked games and gave them an appropriate age restriction!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If you actually watch the gameplay clips in the ad, all the "sexy" (I hesitate to call it that) stuff is being done by the actors.

And the age ratings are for the game, not the ad, so maybe these parent groups should get a clue.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
The Random Paradox said:
Andy Chalk said:
Hall said typical 16-year-olds would find the game's content "beneath them."
Finally, somebody who knows what they're talking about.
On one hand I do agree with this. 16 year olds and up won't need a Wii mote to spank each other like in the commercial, or "make out?" with something dangling above them.

CustomMagnum said:
Considering the marketing of that game, I can't exactly blame those parents for going "OMG WTF".
On the other hand, here ya go... The game is completely sold as a sexual game, and then giving it a 12+ rating was the game companies ASKING for an outcry. If you show a video of adults spanking each other with a wii-mote down your pants (considering multiple people in the party walk up to each other all sexy, not caring who spanks who), then yeah, you're saying "Hmmmm MIGHT be only for adults"

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
standokan said:
I've got to admit, 12 is waaaaaaaay too low.
Oh come on. I've played Twister when i was 12 and that lead to my first gf. What's next? Ban Twister because people invade each others "personal space"? Ban bottles because you could spin them? That is so fucking stupid. Heads are blown off left and right in videogames and no one gives a fuck but when people play a, admittedly stupid, movement game or RPG with sexual scenes everyone and their mom freaks the fuck out? In that regard, the UK and USA aren't that different from some countries in the middle east.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
the game looks dumb.

however, the biggest issue in this: all the freak out when the parents complaining havent even really seen it besides the dumb commercials, let alone played it. they dont know what the game has and i dont see how it is marketed to children when there are grown ass men and women acting like morons. not kids.

its like the mass effect debacle. all the news commenters freaking out about the game never even played it. its completely blown out of proportion, yet they dont want to correct themselves or even attempt to see it from another perspective so they choose to remain ignorant.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
I'm going to laugh so hard when the game isn't released anywhere because Ubisoft's insistence to use a dumb marketing ploy. If it wasn't for that ad, the games would look really tame... and most likely boring. Still, it will make my day.

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Rated 12+, as in you need to be 12 years old in order to like this shit. I'm surprised it received a 12 rating, but really... what else could it be? The PEGI rating system has dug itself into a hole. The gameplay actually shows nothing explicit or mature, it's how people are going to use it that's the problem. It's hard for me to care though, since I want this game to be cremated in the flames of hell for disgracing everything video games should be.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
See, this is the whole goal of the ratings board: to rate the game itself. Barbie Horse Adventure doesn't get rated AO just because somebody has probably masturbated to it at some point. The only gameplay in the ad that you probably have to do to play is tap the controller or rub two hands on its sides to respectively see two people fly through the air or eat an apple.

Unless the game includes sluts with proof of purchase, nothing in the game itself is either particularly offensive or mature.

El Danny

Dec 7, 2008
What's that? You don't think your kids should be playing this game?

Don't Buy It For Them Then. Problem Sorted.

Stop having tantrums when the rest of the world refuses to parent your children for them.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wait it's called We Dare not Wii Dare? Nice, glad that droped that shitty pun.

Oh yeah the game, i'm predicting low sales with or without this with all things considered pretty weak controversy. If you want to learn how to stir up controversy, just look at FOX

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
I expect the Daily Mail to have something enlightening to say on the matter. Personally I find the game rather stupid. The people it's martketed to (16+ I would say) would find it beneath them, and the kids (And I stress, kids) that would actually enjoy it are underage.

Sorry for being crude, if a female did want to do something 'sexy' with a Wii-mote, why not do the obvious thing?

Also, does anyone else think the people in Wii adverts are infuriating?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I agree with the parents on this one. The game has Mii silouettes pole dancing.

Miis pole dancing...

I'll let that sink in for a bit.

Ao right there.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
If it got rated 3+ nothing bad would come of it. I hate all this "protection of children" bullshit.