We Dare Gets 12+ Rating, Parents Go Nuts

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Maze1125 said:
lacktheknack said:
WelshDanny said:
Correction: Labour MP...

When will Americans learn to spell correctly? :(
When others learn that Americans have different ways of spelling and it's not the end of the world.
BabyRaptor said:
WelshDanny said:
Correction: Labour MP...

When will Americans learn to spell correctly? :(
When will you learn that yours isn't the only correct spelling in the world?
I think the real question is: When will you two learn the difference between a proper noun and an improper noun/verb?
That has nothing to do with the fact that the two versions of English spell the word differently. It's spelled "Labor" here...That doesn't change simply because it's the name of a party in a country where it's spelled differently. The OP just wanted to pass off an insult.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
what the F*** was I just watching? no wonder parents are pissed about this, i wouldn't want my kid playing this either. it looks stupid.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I can't blame them for reacting like this but it's probably more innocent than it seems.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
PfffHAHAHAHAHA, are you fucking kidding me?! XD
Oh god, I could just imagine my parents and their friends playing this.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
PfffHAHAHAHAHA, are you fucking kidding me?! XD
Oh god, I could just imagine my parents and their friends playing this.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
they have to rate the game

as in. they rate the game content.

and it's a 12+ game.

if you gave it to a 12 year old kid, he might not understand it, but it certainly wouldn't turn him into a sex pervert (although almost all 12 year old boys are sex perverts anyway)

Jeffro Tull

Sep 27, 2010
The Imp said:
standokan said:
I've got to admit, 12 is waaaaaaaay too low.
Oh come on. I've played Twister when i was 12 and that lead to my first gf. What's next? Ban Twister because people invade each others "personal space"? Ban bottles because you could spin them? That is so fucking stupid. Heads are blown off left and right in videogames and no one gives a fuck but when people play a, admittedly stupid, movement game or RPG with sexual scenes everyone and their mom freaks the fuck out? In that regard, the UK and USA aren't that different from some countries in the middle east.
hm... well put

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Wow, this whole thing is turning into a real fustercluck. Yes, the rating does encourage sexual activity in minors. Somebody farked up real bad here.

kristof

Jul 1, 2010
While the 12+ rating is obviously way too low for something like this, it really does just look like a really terrible game. I wouldn't waste my time on it.

shadowform

Jan 5, 2009
I think that Ubisoft has had its bluff called by a ratings firm: this is a collection of shovelware-level minigames advertised as a adult entertainment.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Ratings are there for someone who wants to judge whether or not their kid can play a game just by looking at the cover. If you already know a game has content that you don't feel is "appropriate" for your child, then just don't allow your kids to play it.

Or better yet, TALK to your kids about why is is inappropriate. Bet you post menopausal bitches didn't think of that did ya?

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
If I wanted to have a "spicy" evening the last thing I'd do would be pulling out a wii remote...

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Umm yeah no, you don't tout a game as kid friendly with a commercial like that backing it. Idc if what's in it isn't that extreme with a 12+ rating any kid with an allowance could buy it and then emulate how they saw it played on the commercial.

On the other hand this kind of stuff is perfectly acceptable, in the god damn medieval age. (Y'know, when 12-14 was a perfect time for marriage)

Just to clarify I don't disagree with the game's rating, I disagree with how it's being marketed. The maturity rating for a game's commercial shouldn't be higher than the game's rating imo, and that commercial is easily TV14.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
If a console is family friendly, that doesn't imply that all games on that console are for children. That's ridiculous.

PurplePlatypus

Duel shield wielder
Jul 8, 2010
The thing is the rating system works on content. There?s nothing in the game itself that would warrant a 15 rating, at least from what I saw in the clip, it looked a lot more innocent and typical wii part game than I expected. I don?t know if they took into consideration the actions you need to do for the game but the advertisements are probably the extreme of it, as adverts can be. I don?t know about anybody else but I don?t think I?ve seen a wii advert where I actually control it as they show. Not to mention depending on context and mind-set any actions, the ones you will actually do to control this game properly, might be taken as fairly innocent.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
HEY KIDS! IT'S LIKE SPIN THE BOTTLE!

Now get on all fours and suck that remote... Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I can see nothing wrong with 13 year olds playing this.

Now excuse me because some guy named Chris Hansen wants me to sit down.