We Did It Escapists! :D

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
We could always try the largest thread derailment the Escapist has ever seen....

We could make history!

HISTORY

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Bravo Company said:
We could always try the largest thread derailment the Escapist has ever seen....

We could make history!

HISTORY
I say we should do a Touhou hijack.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
I don't realy know what the thread we are celebrating is about (and I dont think I want to know)

captcha: how sweet. Indeed you children better brush your teeth afterwards.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
JoJo said:
All the staff should PM nudes to us users as recompense for whatever wrongs they've supposedly committed. Mods as a bonus, if they feel inclined.
>Implying nudes would't just spur me on even more.

OT: I think we should get crunk

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TopazFusion said:
PsychicTaco115 said:
Any ideas of stupid shit to do?
Ban everyone?

No wait, then the Illuminati would come after me!
I imagine the temptation is pretty big.

OT: So a guy who joined the site on the 17th has managed to make a thread that has earned his account the "On Fire Forum Inferno badge" with no difficulty.

I had to wait nearly a year to earn one myself.

God, I hate these controversy threads. I'm just waiting for the day for when mods are told to throw them into R&P.

Well, back to looking for fun threads on OT.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TopazFusion said:
FORUM INFERNO!
That's what I meant to say but this is what happens when you have 13 tabs open and you don't care enough about controversy to dwell on a post for long. >.<

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
BloatedGuppy said:
(...)I'm just a bit sad about the existence of that thread, so I gently poke fun at it via feigned disinterest. See how clever and subtle I am?

I'm SUPER clever and subtle.
You have failed to mention your pleasingly rotund frame and Angelina Jolie-esque lips. You gorgeous darling.

Incidentally, I think I must have blown a fuse in my brain at some point in the past, because I no longer feel any compunction whatsoever from speaking to people like that. I feel like the man who realized he could sit comfortably anywhere. Well, stay black now! :D

OT: First thing's first, let's celebrate with music:

JoJo said:
All the staff should PM nudes to us users as recompense for whatever wrongs they've supposedly committed. Mods as a bonus, if they feel inclined.
Well said by m'colleague, which brings me to my second point: the orgies...

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
TakerFoxx said:
I'm actually kind of bewildered by it. Out of all the controversies, that's the one to explode?
It hits home the most. It makes us all think what other kinds of shit is being covered up by gaming journalists. It makes us wonder how much more corruption is in the industry. We all knew it was bad before, but this gave us all a clear message that it is far worse than we have thought.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
I don't have internet for 4 days and look what happens.

But seriously, wtf guys, why are people getting sto bloody stoked over what amounts to bugger-fucking-all as soon as 'real life' comes into play.
How are people so het up?

You crazy diamonds you!

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
As a wise man did say: "You can do it, put your ass into it"

We did it.

We put our ass(es) into it.

To celebrate- forum wide strip poker, with hookers (of all sexes,orientations and ethnicities of course.) and ALL OF THE SCOTCH.

or fruit shoots.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I've always felt these types of threads belong in Religion and Politics.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm actually not familiar. The thread sounded celebrity gossipy, so I didn't look.
Who is Zoe Quinn and why should I care?

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Challenge the thread to the ice bucket challenge? I'd say it's (in)famous enough by this point.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
TopazFusion said:
Redlin5 said:
OT: So a guy who joined the site on the 17th has managed to make a thread that has earned his account the "On Fire badge" with no difficulty.

I had to wait nearly a year to earn one myself.
More than just the 'On Fire' badge.
Man, I'm kinda envious, not gonna lie.

Whoo congrats Escapists!
And all for a thread who's topic is so...*holds up weakened flame shield*...er...not a very big deal.
I guess it helps that the topic is being censored everywhere else, and "covers" a bunch of things but still.

I was hoping I could really be into the next big Escapist shit-storm since Extra Credits or the MassEffect 3 ending thingy, since I joined. Instead I got this...meh.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I remember seeing it a few days ago at 2000 posts, and now it's over 4000 posts. At this rate, we will get to the point that it will only get derailed once people can start making DBZ jokes about the post counts.

I was going to try to take a crack at reading through all the comments, but there's a limit to my insanity, and if I tried to read through all of them, I would have to take frequent breaks just to make sure I get through it, so I might do it when I'm bored.

As for the fact it reached that mile stone in that short of time, I'll say it's impressive, but it would be even more if it was one that wasn't a controversial topic that had it happen. Like some one made a topic about puppies and it hit this many posts in that time.

Now if you will excuse me, I got other things to do to avoid going into that thread.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Congratulations Escapists! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOPacnjxLU]

You really care about the important issues. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a rant about how Sarkeesian is trying to take away my vidya games.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I've been in there a fair bit myself.

What I can tell you is it moves quickly and this is mostly due to there being two or three distinct conversations going on at once, plus a lot of requisite asshattery and some posts being eaten up by people asking to keep things on topic.

One conversation is focused on the sex aspect.

One conversation is focused on the misdeeds aspect not pertaining to sex.

One conversation is focused upon journalistic integrity.

There have been others flaring up here and there but they either peter out as being non relevant, join in with one of the others and occasionally, just to make matters more confusing, they spill into each other.
Then you have late entrants who ask to be filled in due to the overwhelming size of the thread.

The result of this thread not existing would be an overspill into other places where it doesn't belong

Think of it as a coral people.
Or a ballpit.
It's there to keep it all locked up for those that don't want it, and there to run around in if you do.

In fairness to it all, whatever your opinion on the thread, the mods are doing a good job in there keeping all sides policed and stopping it spilling into places where it shouldn't be to the annoyance of other users like yourself.