We should eat insects

Jun 11, 2008
I wouldn't eat them raw but I would try them if they are cooked but then again I don't mind eating stuff like liver that people seem to loathe due to social stigma. I've had snail so it isn't like I haven't had similar stuff before.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
I had scorpion once.. never again.

If you can serve me up something like a good chicken breast but from something not chickeny then go for it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
This thread brings this song to mind.

OT: I probably couldn't bring myself to eat bugs myself. At least not raw. If cooked however...

Hmm...

>_>

Samurai Silhouette said:

FK NO. This thread made me sick cause I went a little further and did some googling and found that. Sorry. I think I rather drink piss.
Slimy, yet satisfying.

R0cklobster

Sep 1, 2008
Well, for one thing, almost all the bugs i've tried haven't been super nice, but even then if you were just used to it it wouldn't be a problem. Even if it is a good idea, i'd be surprised if it ever caught on culturally.

Imperius

Sep 13, 2010
I think we should eat YOU.
Yeah, yeah. How about that?
You're delicious, nutritious and taste just like chicken!

(Plus the population control thingy too.)

Come here!

Om nom nom.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
In Thailand they sell bug trail mix.

My mom's Thai, and I asked her about it. She said that she ate grasshopper and other insects. Some of it was good, some of it was bad. It just depends on how you prepare them. Me? I'd give it a try... if the heads were gone.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
No thanks. I don't even like fish, I highly doubt I would like bugs. Besides, why eat bugs when you have much tastier foods such as chicken, pork, or beef! :p

Imperius said:
I think we should eat YOU.
Yeah, yeah. How about that?
You're delicious, nutritious and taste just like chicken!

(Plus the population control thingy too.)

Come here!

Om nom nom.
Bath salts man, bath salts! D:

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Om nom.

I'm technically all for it, but I think for my delicate and refined palate they'd have to be processed into some sort of bar or paste form.
Here's the problem. Those who already eat insects know how to cook them and can easily purchase them.

Where I live there is NO tradition of eating insects whatsoever.

I know neither how to cook them to make them palatable (though that's easily overcome with the internet) or WHAT insects to eat and WHERE to get them from.

Importing them would make them very expensive, to the point that I'd rather just eat meat.

So in theory, yeah, eating bugs is great.. but in practice.. not so much.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
It's not part of Scandinavian culture to eat insects the way you mean to but I do know other people do that. If I'd get the opportunity hell yeah I'd try, I heard it tastes like chicken...

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
Yeeeahhh.. how about no? Yeah, gonna go with no.

I'll stick to traditional meats thank you very much, and until the prices on hamburger go through the roof due to rarity, I don't really care if most of the animal is wasted either.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I struggle as it is to eat vegetables without vomiting from the texture alone.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I'd willfully eat insects (cooked and not alive obviously). I mean, an insect really isn't that much different from shrimp or other similar types of seafood and I love me some seafood.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
When I was in Thailand I subsisted on tarantulas and cockroaches for a week straight.

Not like that... there was a stall outside of my hostel selling them. I can't really say it was any worse a diet than eating purely McDonalds in some of the other places I've been.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I have no problem eating insects but the first bugger to put Spider on toast in front of me is getting a beating.