Weird/Crazy stuff people have said to you/you've heard.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
As relayed by a friend working in education, about a parent:
"I don't have to wear a mask because covid is a <n-word> conspiracy to kill white people with cancer started by <n-word> Obama and the <n-words> that run the country"
I didn't know you lived in my county...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
As relayed by a friend working in education, about a parent:
"I don't have to wear a mask because covid is a <n-word> conspiracy to kill white people with cancer started by <n-word> Obama and the <n-words> that run the country"
Yeah, because we <n-words> have been running this country in an appreciable, non-subjugated capacity this whole time. A lot of people are just stupid, and the fact that I must live my life knowing those people are allowed to run around living, breathing my air and existing while countless other worthy people do not, eats my lunch.

EDIT: Is this person aware that "Obama" had been out of office for YEARS prior to COVID-19? Yet, they readily fall back on that racist and ignorant theory because it suits a narrative constructed in their feeble brain and somehow makes sense? Just fucking dumb.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Yeah, because we <n-words> have been running this country in an appreciable, non-subjugated capacity this whole time. A lot of people are just stupid, and the fact that I must live my life knowing those people are allowed to run around living, breathing my air and existing while countless other worthy people do not, eats my lunch.

EDIT: Is this person aware that "Obama" had been out of office for YEARS prior to COVID-19? Yet, they readily fall back on that racist and ignorant theory because it suits a narrative constructed in their feeble brain and somehow makes sense? Just fucking dumb.
Don't you love that hateful dichotomy where we are too stupid to get our lives back on track but also smart enough to secretly whishper in the ears of the right people and run things shadow style.

Obama still living rent free in those peoples heads is still greatness though.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Somehow he spent four whole years sabotaging Trump's administration, to hear it told to me.
And the slave ships were actually cruise ships my ancestors talked themselves onto in a 400-year-long long con to arrive at our sociopolitical domination today. Wakanda forever.

/s

Reactions: Thaluikhain

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My hope is that his publicizing some sick shit like that got him put on some watch list somewhere.
My (probably futile) hope would be that he and all others like him for that matter are utterly incapable of reproduction. And yeah, that their twisted mind gets them in the kind of trouble where nature swiftly takes its course with no collateral damages.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My (probably futile) hope would be that he and all others like him for that matter are utterly incapable of reproduction. And yeah, that their twisted mind gets them in the kind of trouble where nature swiftly takes its course with no collateral damages.
Agreed. I get fetishes and whatnot, but that one is so specific and disturbing, you'd hope a vanilla relationship is something he's incapable of enduring long enough to spread his genes like the virus they are. Ugh...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Don't you know? Obama secretly runs the American Branch of the vast International Communist Conspiracy/Illuminati/Antifa with George Soros and....whoever else they think is bringing down America from the inside this week. It's all part of a vast plot to enslave White People and undermine FREEDUM!

If your screen is shaking, it's actually because your eyes are rolling so much as to register on the richter scale.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I had a weird lady show up at my house yesterday(at the back door, not the front) and said she was taking a survey. She asked if I was a homeowner or a renter and I asked why does she want to know. She said "Because the federal government is going to seize everyone's houses!".

Knowing what I was dealing with here, I asked to see some ID(since she wasn't holding a clipboard or wearing any kind uniform), at which point she said she didn't have any. I just said "Sorry, not interested" and immediately shut and locked the door. I'm pretty sure I heard her yelling "I hope the government doesn't take your house" as she walked off.

I was briefly tempted to play along and ask for her to explain this and provide proof, but I'm pretty sure it would he been a bunch of Conspiracy theory/Qanon BS(Okay, I wasn't familiar with that particular theory but it sounds like some kind of crazy right winger shit) or something and I didn't have the time or energy to tango with crazy. Not ot mention she had kind of a meth addict look about her, which I could tell before she even started talking this was probably gonna be something stupid.

Granted, if she shows up again, next time I just mention the No Trespassing signs on the property and threaten to call the police on her.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I had a weird lady show up at my house yesterday(at the back door, not the front) and said she was taking a survey. She asked if I was a homeowner or a renter and I asked why does she want to know. She said "Because the federal government is going to seize everyone's houses!".

Knowing what I was dealing with here, I asked to see some ID(since she wasn't holding a clipboard or wearing any kind uniform), at which point she said she didn't have any. I just said "Sorry, not interested" and immediately shut and locked the door. I'm pretty sure I heard her yelling "I hope the government doesn't take your house" as she walked off.

I was briefly tempted to play along and ask for her to explain this and provide proof, but I'm pretty sure it would he been a bunch of Conspiracy theory/Qanon BS(Okay, I wasn't familiar with that particular theory but it sounds like some kind of crazy right winger shit) or something and I didn't have the time or energy to tango with crazy. Not ot mention she had kind of a meth addict look about her, which I could tell before she even started talking this was probably gonna be something stupid.

Granted, if she shows up again, next time I just mention the No Trespassing signs on the property and threaten to call the police on her.
That's actually kinda scary. What stranger with any sort of decent intentions knocks on your back door? Be careful; there's lots of crazies out there nowadays. If she comes back, I'd say just call the cops and alert them to a completely unaccredited stranger roaming your neighborhood knocking on doors and asking for highly personal info, and hopefully they can arrive before she wanders too far to be found; don't trouble yourself or your family engaging with her again.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
That's actually kinda scary. What stranger with any sort of decent intentions knocks on your back door? Be careful; there's lots of crazies out there nowadays. If she comes back, I'd say just call the cops and alert them to a completely unaccredited stranger roaming your neighborhood knocking on doors and asking for highly personal info, and hopefully they can arrive before she wanders too far to be found; don't trouble yourself or your family engaging with her again.
I suspect the back door because there's a motion activated camera watching the front door. The trick is, there's a motion activated camera at the back door that can see anyone who comes up to the back door

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I suspect the back door because there's a motion activated camera watching the front door. The trick is, there's a motion activated camera at the back door that can see anyone who comes up to the back door
Even scarier, that a crazy would check your home for what she believes to be the least conspicuous access point. Changed my mind; invite her in, and shoot her the second she crosses the threshold. Of course you must turn off the audio for the camera so the courts don't hear you extending the invite prior to placing two bullets in her death triangle.

Also delete any record of this exchange we've had; I'm not going down as an accomplice to premeditated murder.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Even scarier, that a crazy would check your home for what she believes to be the least conspicuous access point. Changed my mind; invite her in, and shoot her the second she crosses the threshold. Of course you must turn off the audio for the camera so the courts don't hear you extending the invite prior to placing two bullets in her death triangle.

Also delete any record of this exchange we've had; I'm not going down as an accomplice to premeditated murder.
I mean, I was just going to film me telling her to GTFO next time she comes around and immediately call the cops if she doesn't start walking. Plus there's a nice clear image of her face in addition to the camera footage of her walking up. And she wasn't wearing a mask, either so here you go officer.

Not to mention if the Camera/audio was off and didn't record her walking up that would look suspicious in the aftermath. Unfortunately, i'm not a cop so I can't just turn off the camera and kill someone and go "Oops" in hopes of getting away with it.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Welp, she's a selfish asshole that is too dumb to live.

There was a time where a GameStop employee/store manager got mad at me for almost "ruining" his sale. The SM was trying to sell him the customer was buying a used copy of Overwatch (PS4), and "neglected" to mention he would need PS+ to the customer. He said "All you need is a PSN account and that would be it". I told him [the customer] that you need yo buy a PS+ subscription and that PSN used to be free. And that you need to pay $60 (what was $50 when Sony first changed the price model) for a full year. The customer still got the game and got 3 month PS+, because he did not have the money for a full year. After he left, I originally came in to cancel a pre-order due to money issues as well, and the SM nearly refused for almost "ruining" his sale. I'm like dude, I'm the customer your supposed to cancel I don't want or change my mind on. Second, you did not bother to mention once to the customer with ample opportunity that he needed PS+. The customer would have come back really angry, he can't play an online only game without the stupid ass subscription. What's worse is that this jack ass was then the SM of favorite GS at the time. After I left when the dick finally canceled my pre-order, I called corporate and gave the man's employee ID, name, the store location, and laid it on that I was not fucking happy. They dealt with him.

A few weeks later, he came to me apologizing and acting pathetic like his job depended on it. Not because he was actually sorry, but more so because his bosses got wind of what he had done. I could have acted smug about it, but I chose not to. To be the better person and accepted his apology. Another few weeks later and he's no longer the SM of my favorite GS location. He did not get fired, but they moved his ass to a location he does not particularity like. Apparently, a lot of the other store managers hate the guy, because known to have a bad attitude with nearly everyone. How this guy has not been fired yet is beyond me. For time reference, this happened around last summer around August. I went to another GameStop close in my neighborhood, that was only a half mile away, until they shipped his butt somewhere else.
I actually had something similar happen to me. There was a nearby gamestop I would hang around and I was chummy with the store manager and other workers. One time a guy came in to buy a N-Gage. (if you remember that this existed then you know it was a piece of shit) I tried to warn the customer off of it since even at that stage it looked like it was on its way out. This pissed off the SM, he wasn't rude, he was kinda forceful about me potentially messing up his quota, which I totally understand now, but after that I didn't go back to that store for a really long time and by this point its closed anyway. Not that I buy console games anymore anyway.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I actually had something similar happen to me. There was a nearby gamestop I would hang around and I was chummy with the store manager and other workers. One time a guy came in to buy a N-Gage. (if you remember that this existed then you know it was a piece of shit) I tried to warn the customer off of it since even at that stage it looked like it was on its way out. This pissed off the SM, he wasn't rude, he was kinda forceful about me potentially messing up his quota, which I totally understand now, but after that I didn't go back to that store for a really long time and by this point its closed anyway. Not that I buy console games anymore anyway.

if your(generally, not you specifically) sales rely on lying or deliberately omitting important information, you're either an awful salesman or sell a crappy product.

I didn't work sales but I did military recruiting and it's like sales and HR and its as bad as you imagine. I did my job decently while trying my best to be honest.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
if your(generally, not you specifically) sales rely on lying or deliberately omitting important information, you're either an awful salesman or sell a crappy product.

I didn't work sales but I did military recruiting and it's like sales and HR and its as bad as you imagine. I did my job decently while trying my best to be honest.
The problem though is that its Gamestop and the higher ups don't care about that. Store people were required to sell a certain number of units and if they didn't then they got in trouble. Its a big reason for the decline of the store and why its so weird that people went to bat for it during the game stonks thing. It was a pretty shitilly run business. The only thing it had going for it was it was a national chain that was mostly game stuff.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The problem though is that its Gamestop and the higher ups don't care about that. Store people were required to sell a certain number of units and if they didn't then they got in trouble. Its a big reason for the decline of the store and why its so weird that people went to bat for it during the game stonks thing. It was a pretty shitilly run business. The only thing it had going for it was it was a national chain that was mostly game stuff.
Yeah, I remember hearing a lot of stories about how shitty they were and how when the pandemic started, they were forcing people to work but not giving them any safety equipment or something despite lockdowns going into effect.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, I remember hearing a lot of stories about how shitty they were and how when the pandemic started, they were forcing people to work but not giving them any safety equipment or something despite lockdowns going into effect.
It's been shitty since long before that, from low balling customers for trade ins, to pushing used games at developer expense, to knowing there are a lot of passionate gamers out there more then willing to fill in vacancies so they pay crap and demand a lot. And this is just what I can remember offhand.

terrysmivv56

Nov 15, 2021
Country
USA
When I was a teenager and my parents and I moved to live in another city. I remember that when I came to school and entered the classroom, I heard not welcoming words, but "Why did you come here." It was insulting