Weird things that really annoy you.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
We all have things that annoy us. People who seem determined to trap you in the supermarket by blocking every exit. When youtube buffers for no conceivable reason. When you realise you'll never be as well known as Daystar.

But what about the weird stuff? The stuff that you're pretty sure only annoys you, but you still think it should stop because it really, really grinds your gears.

My one's not gonna help my somewhat emo image around here.

Ready for this? Here goes;

The sun. Not the newspaper, the big shiny circle in the sky.

More specifically, bright sunlight. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to eat and breathe and everything, and I'm not praying for eternal night or anything, but really bright, unclouded sunlight pisses me off. It's like a thousand annoying people following you around and poking you constantly on every part of your body.

Thus, on sunny days, you can spot me sprinting between spots of shade. It annoys me that much.

So, what's your weird annoyance?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ok, here's one for anyone who has ever played LoL on EU West. Ok. Here goes.

"We loose, we loose this game, this game is loosed."

Let me just shoot myself, so damn annoying. I'd prefer if people were having a massive conversation in German in my game than have to listen to "LOOSE LOOSE LOOSE"

Fuck those guys!

Also people who feel the need to have long phone conversations on the bus. Unless it's about something really entertaining and/or personal that they probably shouldn't be talking about in public of course. Then i'll accidentally pay attention if it's something I can laugh at.

Dec 14, 2009
Doclector said:
When you realise you'll never be as well known as Daystar.
It could happen, who said it won't?

OT: People who block you on the street. Those putrescent individuals, even though their mass is nothing exceptional, they still manage to block the flow of higher accelerating individuals.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
chikens scare me. Their beady eyes and the constant sounds they make. Creepy things.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
People on the internet who insist upon spelling 'You' as just the letter. I mean, it's just two more letters, not a whole lot of effort.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
people who slurp their drink, even just a little. especially coffee or tea drinkers who slurp the froth off the top because its obviously too hot to normally drink.
Nothing makes me rage harder, its my "nails on a chalkboard" noise.

Ambient

Nov 19, 2009
I get annoyed when I get a new follower on Tumblr for no discernible reason.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Idiots with mobile phones.

You've all seen them, maybe you are one of them.

Whenever they take/make a call they have to talk far louder than is possibly needed. You can here them down the bloody street.

Pisses me off.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Doclector said:
The sun. Not the newspaper, the big shiny circle in the sky.

More specifically, bright sunlight. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to eat and breathe and everything, and I'm not praying for eternal night or anything, but really bright, unclouded sunlight pisses me off. It's like a thousand annoying people following you around and poking you constantly on every part of your body.

Thus, on sunny days, you can spot me sprinting between spots of shade. It annoys me that much.
Ah, a fellow vampire!
Worry not, our time will come.

OT: Same deal as OP, only the sun gives me tension headaches most days.
Also, asymmetry drives me up the wall.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
People who just prams like a snowmobile for pedestrians.

Fun fact: Every time that little foot-rest from a pram is slammed into my Achilles tendon, the mental force required to prevent me screaming profanities is enough to provide the entire Middle East with power for a fortnight.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
ok, the sun thing is weird. I am a night person, more nights, longer nights, do everything at night, yes please - but I loooooove the sun, and sunlight; in fact, sunlight is the only light I tolerate.
Heat, too. Love heat. Hmm, heat.

It annoys me slightly that nothing weird annoys me, only ordinary things. Is that weird?

dfb1999

Oct 7, 2012
People who leave a space before their punctuation.

For example:

"Do you want to go to the cinema ?"

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS THAT?
THERE'S NO NEED FOR THE SPACE BETWEEN THE WORD 'CINEMA' AND THE QUESTION MARK.
AT ALL.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
ABLb0y said:
People on the internet who insist upon spelling 'You' as just the letter. I mean, it's just two more letters, not a whole lot of effort.
I did that recently when I had to send a really quick text to my dad. I think it's acceptable if ur in a hurry. I did feel an immediate sense of shame come over me after sending that text, though.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
The incorrect use of apostrophes.

I'm ashamed that I'm that petty, but seriously it's (ie it is) EVERYWHERE.

CD's is the most unreasonably galling.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
People who lament that gaming will never be taken seriously. By whom exactly? By people that have nothing whatsoever to do with gaming. Who the fuck cares what those people think.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
You already got me: it's the supermarket thing. I've stopped going to particular grocery stores because of long, relatively narrow aisles and zombie-like customers waddling down aisles with their entire families standing next to their shopping carts. I've watched people park their carts diagonally across aisles while they chatted with acquaintances for minutes at a time, and barely resisted the urge to ram them. I don't know what it is about grocery shopping that makes some people lose all awareness of the people around them and the spatial confines they share with them, but I sometimes think supermarkets should offer air horns when customers walk in for dealing with these people.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
I made a thread about my pet hate a while ago, bad science. Specifically, the pseudo-science you often see in advertising. It's not so much about the words they say, UK law does clamp down on false information, but the context is all; and it's often open to interpretation, if not downright misleading. Q.E.D., an advert I saw recently for organic milk: It's got little or no pesticides in it. That is true, but there are very strict regulations on the use of pesticides (UK and EU law), and the amounts that are present in everyday milk are so tiny they are officially considered negligible. Yet the insinuation remains, as does the assumption.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
Idiots with mobile phones.

You've all seen them, maybe you are one of them.

Whenever they take/make a call they have to talk far louder than is possibly needed. You can here them down the bloody street.

Pisses me off.
Me its more when people start texting while walking and slow down to a fukin crawl in the middle of the sidewalk.

Off-topic: Who'd wanna be known as one of the brovengers, psh.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
I get really annoyed when my older brother apologizes for maybe doing something wrong. For example, when he is cooking, he apologizes for maybe not cooking the meat enough(as in, not medium instead of medium-rare)

For some reason, it really bugs me. Maybe because it happens a lot.