Weirdest/Most Horrible Ways You've Been Woken Up.

Powlee

Sep 30, 2010
Ever have one of those dreams where your falling, then wake up and your not falling?
I once had a dream where I wasn't falling and woke up to find that I WAS falling.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Aside from that sleep paralysis experience, my second scariest 4 AM wake-up was getting a phone call from work that one of our main servers had crashed. That sucked (because it was real and I had to deal with it).

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
I had somehow slept on both my arms so when I woke up they were both numb. I had to walk around my room for about 10 minutes because I couldn't turn the doorknob to leave.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I've fell out of my bed before, bunk bed, top bunk (When I was younger). I guess the weirdest would be some nightmares I've had before, in addition to being in an Earthquake once, but I figured it was just our noisy (And broke) washing machine at the time.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
my friend and i had been watching the american office the night before, specifically where Jim reveals that he sometimes drags a shoelace over Pam's face and screams that its a bug to scare her.

My friend did his but and shouted, but i shot up to quick out of surprise and headbutted him. one of the worst headaches and wake ups ever

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
I used to suffer from night paralysis, where you wake up but your body doesn't, so it kind of feels like.... well, paralysis. I've known some people describe it as what they imagine being possessed feels like, and if you're waking up from a bad dream that involves the supernatural or anything like that (I have once), then I get what they mean.

That's not the weirdest one though. One time (thankfully only one time thus far) it "upgraded" to a night terror. I remember I was dreaming SOMETHING, but I can't remember the details of the dream itself. All I recall is that I was overcome by a feeling of horror and sadness, and I let out a series of screams. 3 of them, to be exact.

When I woke up, it took me a moment to realize where I was, because I was standing in the middle of my room. There were a few seconds where it felt like I was between being asleep and being awake, and I wasn't sure where what I was dreaming ended and what was reality began. So I stumble out into the hallway outside my room only to find out that the screams had been real and I woke the entire house and scared them since I've never screamed like that before.

It was a really weird way to wake up. As much as it sucks to wake up in a bad way though, it's worse when you realize you've woken everyone else up too.

Also, I used to get charley horses in the middle of the night too, and waking up to what feels like your leg imploding on itself is not my idea of a good nights rest, to say the least.

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
Being woken up by a 7.1 earthquake at 4 in the morning.

The weird thing is that in my head I didn't register it as an earthquake and thought it was just the end of the world. So I was somewhat submissive to my fate and not that scared. I just lay in bed and waited for the house to fall down or whatever. Luckily it didn't and I can retrospectively crap myself.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
A fire alarm not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES in one goddamn night! Fucking drunks...

This is by no means the worst or most horrible in comparison to others on this thread, but it is for me. And the way I see it, I'm pretty thankful for that.

Debirufisshu

Oct 5, 2010
Woke up with a rooster on my face... how did it even get there? I don't own any chickens. Had to take it to a damn animal shelter.

I_Sinanju _I

May 3, 2011
My friend was creeping over my head and when I opened my eyes (light sleeper) we were face to face, so I groggily backhanded him Halo Reach style and made his cheek bleed.

Loner Jo Jo

Jul 22, 2011
One morning I had woken up about 3 AM to the sound of water dripping. I figured it was raining, so I went back to sleep. I woke up again at 5 only to realize that the sound was louder and coming from my room. I get up only to find water leaking from the light fixture in my closet. We had an air conditioning unit in our attic that would flood periodically, and it usually went into the bathroom. Half dazed from just waking up, I go to the bathroom to see a fucking waterfall coming from the ceiling. Of course, my stupid ass, panicking, goes to get a towel which would be on the opposite side of the puddle on tile floors. Classic prat fall ensued. Foot slipped out from underneath me completely, legs flew up, landed on my shoulders. It would have been comical if it wasn't me. Good thing I tucked my chin in or else that would have been a trip to the ER too.

EDIT: As for the weirdest, I've also had a similar situation to a lot of people on here of my arm falling asleep because it was pinned under me. The weird thing was I was having a dream where I was in a Final Fantasy-esque world in this ridiculous outfit walking along the forest path when a battle started, just like in the Final Fantasy series, including the back and forth idle animation, and I was fighting this python. I stomped on its head and it turned around and bit my arm slowly. I woke up only to find my arm completely asleep. I haven't forgotten that dream since.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Feeling a tickle on my leg.. woke up a lil.. dismissed it.. felt another tickle.. going up my leg. jumped out of bed in a panic and hit the lights.

Big f-ing centipede was in my bed with me.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
nothing all that interesting, but i was woken up by my television once when it decided to turn itself on. (i did not forget to turn it off before i went to sleep)

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Not sure if that was what was actually happening, but I spent an entire night waking up like every ten minutes, because it felt like my heart was slowing down and I wasn't breathing :{
It was frikking scary! Dying in your sleep is totally overrated.