Well I just broke up my 11 month relationship

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I recently had my 1 year with my GF so I'm pretty damn happy and things are going well plus she games so me gaming isn't a problem.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
Just going to make a suggestion, astrology is generally the laughing stock of the science world, more so then the social sciences, so If you don't want people telling you that you are wrong, then don't bring up astrology because people are always going to tell you that you are wrong. Also you see what you want to see, same thing with the people who swear they see ghosts.
On the note of the science world, it was believed for over 1,000 years that Aristotle was right about spontaneous generation. Even hundreds of years after his death it was still accepted, even though they knew he was wrong, just because he was so respected within the scientific community. Science also says that watching TV is worse than smoking. And don't forget that the church persecuted Nicolaus Copernicus because he said the earth was not the center of the universe. Even when it was know the earth wasn't flat, it was still a SCIENTIFIC FACT that it was flat.

These are just a few examples. So, just because science doesn't accept something doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't real.

Also, yes, you can see what you want to see, but that doesn't explain why I get peaceful feelings around Virgos BEFORE I know they are Virgos.

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
My relationship is sort of tapering off right now if that makes sense. I left for college, but we never formally ended anything. So right now it's sort of at a point where we're still together, but not trying to work a long-distance thing. The way she put it was 'while you're away we're not together exclusively, but when you get back, I'm around.' I can live with that, although I dont know how well it'll actually work out. If it doesn't work like that though, we'll end up being friends, and I am okay with that too.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
"Well I just broke up my 11 month relationship"

I thought: "Man, what happened to priests, psychiatrists and mothers for crying out loud? When did the Escapist become a counseling group?"

After reading your post I understand of course that that title was just to draw our attention, but I've read it now so I'll answer your questions.

How are you doing in your current relationship?

"I'm in a relationship?!" 0.0

Are you happy?

"Well, at least I'm not in a relationship." Ba-dum tish!

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Have I had a girlfriend? No. Have I asked someone out who I totally thought would say yes and I had my expectations to high, higher than even I thought? Yes. That says enough, but I guess I can explain my story.

I knew this girl who was really chill, had no drama as far as I know, good looking and a nice person. We were friends and I asked her out. She said no. Funny thing, her friends started giving me shit about it even though they were ugly fucking who thought they were good looking. I have no clue if she even knew about this since I never asked. Anyways, blah blah blah, I couldn't get over her for a while and I have no idea why since I'm good at getting over girls. Anyways, am I glad all that shit passed? Yes. Am I happy even without her? Yes. Would I change anything in the course of those months or any of my actions? Yes, but only on a few things, some not even concerning that girl. But, for the moment, I am happy. If I do find a girlfriend, hopefully it will be someone I can connect with and, yeah.

That's my story. I'm fine, don't care if that girl hates me or not. Not sure if she does, but hey, maybe when I go back to school it'll be different. My story was really long and I hope whoever read it, got something out of it. That something being don't put your expectations too high and then be a douche for a few months. That shit doesn't help.
TL;DR:I'm kind of a goof when it comes to girls.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
After years and years of trying, I have finally come to the conclusion that I am not meant for such things. I will gladly be friends with women, but anything else is either dead or slowly decaying; however the feeling that once made me depressed about being alone has died, so it no longer bothers me. So long as I am accepted as an individual and people don't go 'YOU NEVER DID WAAAAAAT?!?!??!!?' I'll live in peace (But people gawking still happens anyways, and it does nothing but annoy the piss out of me, alas the life of a social hermit...).

Besides, who in their right mind wants Drama?

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
...I've currently fallen for someone whom is older than me....by a lot. ._.;;; My parents? Not happy about it. Though it's still the closest thing I've got vaguely resembling a love life, at the moment, so ayup. Other than that, my cat and I are doing great.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I don't even know if I'm looking to a romantic relationship right now. I think I stopped putting that extra effort in when I left college last year. My previous relationships have blossomed from being friends; it's really the only way I've been able to have it happen. I find it nearly impossible to approach a girl I know I like, and then say something intelligible. It's been so bad I've had to prepare something to say, almost scripted, if I'm forced to talk to them. The relationships I have had have always come from unexpected emotions emerging, and I can always manage to still be myself around them.

However I don't see that happening with any of my current girl friends. I'd be really taken aback if it did, and then feel absolutely dreadful because they're all taken and all close friends. Nothing ruins a platonic relationship like crushes and love. Irrationality at overdrive.

Not that you really care, I'll be equally as shocked if someone has read all of this.

I've been trying to tone down my comments, in regards to grammatical complexity, choice of words and verbosity, in an attempt to make clearer, concise points that don't read like condescension or superfluous e-vocabulary penis waving. How was that post?

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
I'm happy with my current relationship. My boyfriend and I are really happy. The only real issue is that we haven't been able to meet in real life yet. But we're both patient. So yeah, I'm basically happy.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
I feel like I should be taking notes on everyone's posts and compile them into some pre-adolescent teen drama novel targeted towards overly exposed girls.

Rubucopter

Jul 26, 2009
The Man With the Soap said:
Rubucopter said:
I just married my high school sweetheart and boyfriend of 10 years. So, I would say I'm very happy right now.
I'm curious how you made that work? I ask because my girlfriend and I are both going into our senior year of high school, and our plans for the future are taking us on very different paths.
Honestly, it was mostly luck. I chose to follow him to the college of his choice along with most of our friends instead of pursuing music. After that it helped that we stayed with our friends from high school because there wasn't that much pressure on us to see different people. Sacrifices were definitely made to stay together but I'm still madly in love with him and I don't regret my choice.

It really comes down to whats more important to ya'll as a couple, your future careers or your relationship. When I chose to follow him I knew what I was giving up but I also knew that if things didn't work out I was at a school that I loved and that I would be happy being there either way, with or without him. I can't really say that it was the best thing to do but it all worked out in the end and I would do it again if given the choice.

Feb 7, 2009
Rubucopter said:
The Man With the Soap said:
Rubucopter said:
I just married my high school sweetheart and boyfriend of 10 years. So, I would say I'm very happy right now.
I'm curious how you made that work? I ask because my girlfriend and I are both going into our senior year of high school, and our plans for the future are taking us on very different paths.
Honestly, it was mostly luck. I chose to follow him to the college of his choice along with most of our friends instead of pursuing music. After that it helped that we stayed with our friends from high school because there wasn't that much pressure on us to see different people. Sacrifices were definitely made to stay together but I'm still madly in love with him and I don't regret my choice.

It really comes down to whats more important to ya'll as a couple, your future careers or your relationship. When I chose to follow him I knew what I was giving up but I also knew that if things didn't work out I was at a school that I loved and that I would be happy being there either way, with or without him. I can't really say that it was the best thing to do but it all worked out in the end and I would do it again if given the choice.
Yeah, my plans for college involve some type of military college where I can earn a commission as an officer in the United States Marine Corps. She is not the type of person who would do well in that type of place, and she wants to do something involving music or art. So, one of us following the other to their college is pretty much never going to happen. I also wouldn't want someone to give up their life's dream just to follow me to a place they won't like only to have me be gone the majority of the time.

Terminal Dogma

Apr 2, 2010
Holy shit. Just saw the topic and realize I had to post regardless of the contents. I just broke up with my girlfriend of 11 months yesterday. We still enjoyed each other's company, but the looming end of high school breakup was getting in the way (I'm planning to study overseas). She would sometimes just start tearing up randomly. One time it happened right after we had sex, and I realized that it couldn't work any longer. She didn't take it too well...Now I feel like an ass, but I can't go back, or else we would be having the same conversation in a few months.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
For me, I jumped around from one girl to next; It never got deep enough to call it relationship. But there was this girl that I was seriously trying to commit to. It didn't work out; sadly, that's probably the realest relationship I've ever had. I got over it quickly though.

Ham_authority95 said:
novixz said:
So yeah, she just broke up with me. It doesn't matter though, she's homophobic, I'm bisexual, I'm falling for another girl. Don't worry about me. So the discussion value: How are you doing in your current relationship? Are you happy?

Edit: Yeah, when she found out she tried to talk me out of being bisexual. Also she didn't like the "kinks" I had. All my friends say I looked gloomy with her anyway.
My girlfriend is amazing. The only thing wrong with my current relationship is the fact that she lives more than 6000 miles away. I miss her so dearly sometimes, but we can make it work. This Christmas, I'll get a "present" better than any I've ever gotten. ;)
take a look inside, its my dick in a box~

heh. sorry

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Right now, I am to relationships as a blind man who just got stabbed.

I just don't really see the point.