Well I just broke up my 11 month relationship

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I met a guy almost by mistake 8 months ago. I wasn't looking for a relationship really, but I was blindsided by the kindest most amazing man I've known. I don't think I've ever been treated better in a relationship. And yeah, everyone has quirks that are annoying and things are never perfect, but I'm happy where I am and I don't want to be anywhere else.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Single, always have been. I'm a bit of a shut in, and things just never quite... clicked with anyone. Which isn't to say I wouldn't like a girlfriend, I just haven't found one I could see myself spending hours alone with. There aren't that many people I can stand being around for extended periods of time before I cut my chances in half due to my sexuality.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
well. turns out you dont need advice on how to get over it, but screw it, im here. so here is how you get over it:

scare your neighbors by screaming at the moon.

wurrble182

Jul 20, 2010
we met when i was 19, she was 16, met on the interwebs and after running away together (300 miles on a train with no ticket, hiding in one of the bathrooms =P man were her parents pissed) sleeping in a tent together for 6 months then in homeless hostels for another 6, we've been together for 5 years total now, 2 kids and one breakup about a year ago under our belt (which oddly enough only served to bring us closer together once we'd realised what we gave each other) things are now better than ever and i sure as hell couldn't have predicted any of this 5 years ago =P

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
16 right now and no dating experience at all. I've had a longstanding crush on one girl now but I can say pretty safely that it's over and done with. Talked to her and got it in the open without actually making some sort of advance and we're still good.

Thing is, one side of my brain tells me to find a girl and the other one tells me to stay far away from relationships. I tend to listen to the latter, if you couldn't tell. Quite happy being single actually, don't see why so many people hate it so much.

Feb 9, 2011
archvile93 said:
Never been in one. It never seemed worth the time, effort or money. Put me down as single.
Honestly, it's funny that I agree, considering I'm in a relationship at the moment.

Currently my relationship is good to those on the outside and I guess my girlfriend. I've been tossing up the thought as to whether I'm happy with what is going on or not. There's a really large cultural barrier between our families and, for the most part, I dislike most of her family, which is never good in a relationship. I also have a very independent attitude toward the whole thing and I generally enjoy being alone more than together, so I'm not sure what's going to happen here. Its been a rocky couple of years.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I am an asexual woman who likes yaoi, has a Minecraft addition, & hates children. I don't understand or see the point in the need to be in a relationship, I'm too busy to make time for someone else. If I was, we would only see eachother once a week & the relationship would be platonic.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Well, I'm gay and have yet to find another gay guy that I'm interested in >.<
Also, recently many girls have been trying to get VERY friendly with me...
Very annoying.
FML

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
In relationship limbo at the moment. Lived with my last girlfriend for just over a year, but we weren't getting along well... we "separated" for "space" to see what would come of things. So far, it's been mostly a relief, so I imagine the relationship is over... which is also something of a relief.

Now to find a new source for sex. Hmmm...

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
Polyamorous - dating 1 guy, friends with benefits with another
Life is amazing right now. Gorgeous friends and partners, indulging kinks, and going to burlesque shows.
You need to surround yourself with like minded people to find happiness. It's taken me years and a lot of failed friendships and a few failed relationships and work to get to where I am now.

Odysseous2

Jul 19, 2011
I've had the same girlfriend for over a year now, and as is inevitable, it's begun to get a bit tedious. But we make it work. I'm hesitant to go into more detail because, seeing all the people on this thread with far worse luck than me, I feel I have no right to complain about a bit of monotony.

Dec 16, 2009
urk, yet another thread title starting "well"

OT: sorry to hear about the break up, but shes wrong to try n change who you are. I'm engaged to be married next year. happiest i've been with another person. wouldn't mind introducing a few kinks of my own, but it aint her thing

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
dex-dex said:
She must of not been worth it if she can not accept you for you.

but for me I am single and getting more fuck buddies that I am comfortable with. but I will deal with it.
and right now I feel like some ice cream!
Or maybe the OP isn't worth it for not making an effort to change for her.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Wooooowwww. 11 months? That's one hell of a long term relationship, mate. I broke off a relationship of 4 1/2 years awhile back and I'm bitter about it but 11 months? Man I just feel petty now.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Good on you.

However, I do feel compelled to point out that your thread title is misleading though, considering that she broke up with you, not the other way around.

Adiona

Mistress of Evil
Mar 25, 2008
Coming up to my seventh month of being in a relationship with my current bf and things are going great. We are moving in together next month as we live quite far apart, but yeah you are better off without a homophobic ignorant ***** like that.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
I am!

My missus is bi, small world huh?
FirstToStrike said:
I have a stalker. One of the reasons I deactivated my Facebook account was because she would not stop posting on my wall and sending me messages and trying to chat with me when all we had was a 2 week relationship.

It got way out of hand.

But as far as current relationships go, I am single. I really loved this one girl, but her FUCKING HOMEWRECKER ***** of a friend made sure our relationship wouldn't work out. Plus it didn't help that when we WERE going out, I found out she was cheating on me, so she's not an option for me anymore.

So I've kind of lost my hope for relationships currently.
Oooh I had her friend doing the utmost to convince her I was a dick; the overwhelming 'you're an idiot' towards her from people who barley knew me right down to my girlfriend herself was beautiful.

Basically; while somebody has probably beaten me to the punch, have faith; you will find love, I promise.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Syzygy23 said:
dex-dex said:
She must of not been worth it if she can not accept you for you.

but for me I am single and getting more fuck buddies that I am comfortable with. but I will deal with it.
and right now I feel like some ice cream!
Or maybe the OP isn't worth it for not making an effort to change for her.
When people are homophobic it usually implanted in their brains so much that it takes a lot of effort to change someone's beliefs. but even the Original Poster had stated She was trying to tell him that he was not bisexual and treating it like it's a phase that he will grow out of or in her terms "kinks". but what does it matter he found a cooler lady and maybe he will be happier in this new adventure.

I really despise people who claim that bisexuality does not exists and it is just men and or women who are gay but want to appear heterosexual.

I like this image because it is very true. It is a part of a list but this is jsut pertaining to the issue at hand.
I have friends who are bisexuals andI am technically one myself ad one think I know for sure tha ti will never tell my parents because I know they will not accept it. I do know one girl who is a lot ballsier than me, told her mum that she was. Her mum told her straight to her face "what are you talking about? bisexuals don't exist your just being stupid. Your really straight." and then went back to doing some paperwork. like what the fuck kind of mum are you!

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
My relationship is bangin', even though there's some stuff I have to get used to. My previous girlfriend gave me hoards of attention. This girl doesn't need / want a lot of attention (she litirally said that if she'd get a lot of attention, she'd be annoyed pretty quickly), and I'm her first proper boyfriends (past boys she met either bored her in 1 or 2 dates or never made it past the week-mark if it managed to turn into a relationship; she's bored easily, same goes for me so we match, but still; it scares me some times. Doesn't stop me from pouring my heart into it though.