We're The Good Guys Now

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
We're The Good Guys Now

The tale of the boy who cried anti-consumer bullsh*t.

Read Full Article

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Man you guys work fast. What was it? Wednesday?

Still, no desire to buy an XBox One. My PC/Mac does just fine, thank you very much. Plus if they were willing to do this once, they'll be willing to do it again someday.

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
That's pretty much how I hope this turns out. I really hope this upset so many people that they still massively lag behind the ps4 with launch sales. However, I'm also getting ready to be dissapointed again when the ssales still turn out well because fanboys will be fanboys.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
There's two possibilities here; They meant to do this all along as some sort of perverse PR trick, or they honestly needed a wave of revulsion to tell them their insane schemes were a little on the nose.

And both of these options are terrible, terrible things.

Rafiuddin Alauddin

Jul 18, 2011
I was planning on buying Kingdom Heart 3, since Microsoft reverse their decision on the important issue, it gonna be a ***** deciding which one to buy now. Its 180 moves like that makes it hard for consumers to make any easy decision. Hopefully, that will change in the near future

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
This comic sums up my thoughts on the XBone precisely. It's launch will falter, especially if the rumors about it having major hardware problems akin to the RRoD is true. Though afterwards, it should do fine.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
A part of me really hopes this is how things turn out.

Credit to them for making the right call eventually, but I'm certainly not forgetting how the Xbox 180 started & how easy it was to reverse the decision... and how easy it'd be to reverse it again.

Also, removing the family share service was questionable. Explain to me why the cloud game sharing had to go along with the Always-on connection. I use a couple of cloud services & nothing changes when I log off for a couple days; I reconnect my device, or connect with a different device, & everything is as I left it. Not complicated if the cloud infrastructure is already built.

I know Microsoft isn't "entitled" to provide it (before anyone says it), but it's a service, they're a business, & I would be more interested in giving them my money if they were still providing that service. Why remove it for any reason but spite?

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
I see Xboner sales making a rise again. In a few months a surprising amount of people will have forgotten about all this crap, and even more will never have heard of it at all.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Jesus Christ, Mattrick Unmasked is horrifying.

Give us a warning before that sort of stuff, guys. =P

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Z of the Na said:

That is the scariest fucking thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
and then he exploded into spiders

the damage has been done

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Rafiuddin Alauddin said:
I was planning on buying Kingdom Heart 3, since Microsoft reverse their decision on the important issue, it gonna be a ***** deciding which one to buy now. Its 180 moves like that makes it hard for consumers to make any easy decision. Hopefully, that will change in the near future
Get the one that's $100 less and without a camera constantly listening?

Still pretty clear cut for me.

I think the only way PS4 will lose is if it has a YLOD/RROD similar problem, it's only shred of negative press is pay to play online but that is almost negated by the free games.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Sure you aren't taking my used games, but now you keep looking inside my place because you broke my door with your Kinect brand boots.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
omega 616 said:
Rafiuddin Alauddin said:

I think the only way PS4 will lose is if it has a YLOD/RROD similar problem, it's only shred of negative press is pay to play online but that is almost negated by the free games.
The PS4's components run pretty cool so they shouldn't have too many issues. The Xbox One on the otherhand is a clusterfuck to mass produce. They're either going to have some jet turbines cooling their machine, or its gonna have a failure rate as bad as the 360. I'm going to bet on the latter. Microsoft isn't the most reliable at producing working hardware.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
rasputin0009 said:
omega 616 said:
Rafiuddin Alauddin said:

The PS4's components run pretty cool so they shouldn't have too many issues. The Xbox One on the otherhand is a clusterfuck to mass produce. They're either going to have some jet turbines cooling their machine, or its gonna have a failure rate as bad as the 360. I'm going to bet on the latter. Microsoft isn't the most reliable at producing working hardware.
At the start of the year my from launch PS3 got the YLOD so no matter what I am keeping my PS4 chilly as fuck! Probably just buy a cheap fan and point it at the PS4 but I'm not sure yet.

Still got to get my PS3 fixed actually ...