Were you a vampire in Oblivion?

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
EcksTeaSea said:
I wanted to become a vampire, but I really don't want to play the PC version until I find a great list of mods to use. Also I have issues patching the game so that put me off as well. Being a vampire in TES4 sounds awesome though.
You can do it in console.

rescuer86

Apr 12, 2010
It's kind of pointless. The only thing I enjoyed about being a vampire was the Hunter's Sight. But then I learned about the Fin Gleam, and being a vampire just didn't make sense any more.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Yes.
Though I was only saved from a deadly tan due to an odd glitch. It may be due to a mod, but every character of mine starts with health, magic, and stamina well into the thousands.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
demoman_chaos said:
Yes.
Though I was only saved from a deadly tan due to an odd glitch. It may be due to a mod, but every character of mine starts with health, magic, and stamina well into the thousands.
That'd be awfully fortunate haha

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Yeah it was pretty damn awesome.

But at the same time, it also really acurately conveyed to you how much a cursed life can suck.

I got amazing night vision powers for caves, more strength, and just general bad-assness. But the trade off was that the power you gained would only last as long you were a vampire, and you could no longer operate in the day (unless you commited a sin).

It was impressive by Bethesda.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
it happended without me relising

it was cool and all but it made my face revert back to an old ugly mans face (the default i think) which I didnt like

but I supose it was a pretty cool extra feature

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I became a vampire because I didn't notice the "contracted disease" message and thus did not take a potion of cure disease. I beat the entire game and tried to get rid of vampirism but the questline broke.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Argonian + vampire = ?

But anyways, I often did it just so I could do the quest that goes with.

OT: I actually broke the game at the end of the Vampire Cure quest. I was at the very end after you cure the countess and you give the Count sometime to grieve. I sent the stewertess to get the Count and while she was gone I got stuck in a clipping error and shot a guard and got arrest to get out of it. Well the Count and the stewertess are now stuck half between the Count's bedroom and the main hall. If I try to talk to the stewertess she says that she's going to get the Count and that I should wait. If I talk to the Count he says that he still needs time to grieve.
Oops! completing some of the quests.

Greenhand

Jan 19, 2011
My character being a weird secrets-obsessed Hermaeus Mora worshiping sneaky little monkey, I relished the chance to be a vampire! Keeping myself well-fed to avoid daylight turning me into the Breton equivilant of an overcooked strip of bacon added a neat little facet to the gameplay. Of course, I have a mod that prevents the horrible agey face creepiness.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
2012 Wont Happen said:
EcksTeaSea said:
I wanted to become a vampire, but I really don't want to play the PC version until I find a great list of mods to use. Also I have issues patching the game so that put me off as well. Being a vampire in TES4 sounds awesome though.
You can do it in console.
Don't have console version. Gave it away to a friend.

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
I did the thing where I became a vampire but then did the quest to cure myself. Not because I hated it so much as because I wanted to play through all the quests.

However, it always seemed to me that playing as a vampire was a huge pain in the dick, even just for the few hours (weeks, in the game) that I did it. I tried it with three different characters and it was never a benefit, just a hassle.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Yes, and it was cool for a while. But when I decided to go to the shivering isles, I wanted to get rid of the disease. And that's when I found out that there's a significant glitch on the PS3 version of that quest. Which, in my case, could only be circumvented with a separate non-goty edition disk. Bull shit.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
My wood elf was for a while. When I got sick of it though, and got it cured, my wood elf became normal height...very odd.