were you ever bullied in school?

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Nope, can't say i have, I'm just a little to big to be and easy target, and seem to have created some sort of persona of menace that gives most of the almost bullies pause. Helps that I'm an athlete for running and rugby, and that the school has about 55 kids in the grade, and 275 in total grades 9-12. Still got some of my stuff grabbed by kids thoughout middle school and into highschool, though that has mostly ended now

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Nope, but if I'm going by what I hear today, it's probably because everyone was afraid I'd be the one to go Columbine on their asses.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
Never really was, or i didn't notice because i was A) To thick (I'm not challenged just not very bright to human interaction.) And B) I don't know, not very bright on these things.

In first grade i made my worth by getting detention for pusing in line nad also i made friends with my possible bullys before they did do somethign like that.

SKip ahaead a few years with minor discaplinary action, and i am in high school freash men year and over the yeards i built a msall reputation for being a kid who; Does not take shit, moves so fast in the halls that you wont ge the chance (Mind you the halls were always crowed and in high xchjool we have more kids then we are rated for,) Who is frineds with the teachers and anot afriad to get in a fight, who also has alot of aquaintinces adn some big friends who you don't want to piss off.

I like my quiet and slightly insane group of friends who i talk and play cards with.

EDIT: Also i live in colorado (Columbine Ring any bells?) So the teachers and admidistrative staff are not to keen on the bullying and we had since middle school a police officer in the school. In fact where i go to school i think they hammer it in out heads to much!

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
I had Tourette's syndrome. Not like uncontrollably screaming profanities, thats extremely rare. But I would noticeably twitch, and make sounds, etc... I couldn't help it, but other kids didn't care.
OT: Yes, pretty badly, actually.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
thankfully no

that said playing the social game in highschool (amoung girls) can get pretty complex at times, though I think any problems I had were my own doing

except for them shafting me off the table at the end of school ball...BITCHES!!!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
CaptainKoala said:
I had Tourette's syndrome. Not like uncontrollably screaming profanities, thats extremely rare. But I would noticeably twitch, and make sounds, etc... I couldn't help it, but other kids didn't care.
You too, huh? I have Tourette's myself.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
shameduser said:
Reading these posts I am rather horrified by what some of you put up with. It's surprising to how many never did anything to improve there situation.
I know I can say I tried and failed spectacularly. I told one teacher and had the bully meet me in his classroom and 'discuss' the issue. It got....ugly....after that. I even tried self-defense after getting shoved into the nth locker, punched him square in the face, and that didn't really work either, just made things worse. He backed off, but his friends didn't and neither did his girlfriend. I was so damn happy I graduated and left.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
I was never really bullied but mostly teased, since I could never get a girl friend ( still can't) this guy would call me gay. But I learned hes just a dick, then we became friends xD

Webb5432

Jul 21, 2009
Yep, I've been bullied in high school. But I'll never forget I was a bully once in elementary. It does strongly affect my psychological make-up, but I don't think it's a real problem. People do what people do. What I have learned is to not judge people, or myself, and to accept that what I see isn't always what is true. Also, stand up for yourself. Don't ever back down.

Oh, and try to find balance in your life. If you don't know what that is, it is felt more than known.

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
I have been bullied since literally before I learned to walk. Honestly though the physical bullying died away completely by middle school and the verbal abuse stopped once I got into high school. I think the key factor is that at that point I never saw any of the bullies frequently enough to be bullied and the ones I did had mellowed out somewhat.

LordLucan375

Feb 15, 2011
Well I was always in the "nerdy" bracket of people, but was 6 foot 3 by fifteen years old. Christ the bullies in my school were dumb. As a nerd the bullies came to come pick on me and my mates. But for quite a long time I put up with it, because I thought "Well these guys are stupid dicks, they'll fail at life, I'm smart, I'll succeed at life" but also because I knew I was big enough to defend myself if a bully got violent. They crossed the line when they picked on my mate, who was small and most likely not capable of defending himself. I told the group to piss off or I would tell the dean, (yeah thats right, I said "I'm telling on you!", I must have sounded terrifying lol). Anyway so one of the bullies, who by the way was about half my size, came up to me and started pushing me saying "Go on then you little *****". So I lost it. I grabbed his hand and broke his little finger Rorschach style :). I was suspended for a few days because we had "Zero tolerance for violence" at our school. But totally worth it. I never saw that little prick again. One the best moments of my life. BTW if you want my impromptu finger breaking technique: Grab their wrist with one hand, and their finger with the other. Jerk the finger quickly and explosively away from the hand in a horizontal direction. As i'm sure you know, fingers are not made to move horizontally.

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
Yes? I guess so. I was pretty short, and pretty nerdy, so I did get a fair bit of negative attention in my time, but I never felt like it was unbearable, thankfully.

There was one year when I was about 11, that a bunch of girls found out I didn't believe in God. A few of them had parents that were fairly fervent Catholics, so all these girls decided it was their job to tell me daily I was going to hell, to organize "prayer meetings" as an excuse to ostracize me, and generally treat me like crap. It came to a head after one girl told me I couldn't jump rope with her because I was "different". The principal found out and thankfully had no patience for their horseshit. After she spoke with them it was never really an issue afterwards.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Daily verbal abuse from elementary to high school. I never could understand why: if they weren't going to be nice to me, wouldn't it be easier to just leave me alone?
Around junior high I stopped caring what people said to or about me, so in high school it stepped up to physical and sexual assault. Nothing was done until my parents came up to the school and said "This stops today, or our lawyer speaks to you tomorrow."
The perpetrators were never punished, but they did start posting an apathetic rent-a-cop in the parking lot after school.

If I ever hear that my high school has burned down, I will return to my hometown from wherever I happen to be in the world just to piss on the ashes.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Owyn_Merrilin said:
CaptainKoala said:
You too, huh? I have Tourette's myself.
I suddenly... don't feel alone in the world... (although mine's mostly gone, just little tic-fits when I'm alone).

shameduser said:
Reading these posts I am rather horrified by what some of you put up with. It's surprising to how many never did anything to improve there situation.
I'm pretty stunned, too. I'm starting to realize what a boon my size and disposition was in school. O_O

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Nope, never. I guess I'm lucky, judging by these stories. Or maybe it's because I'm taller and stronger than most people.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Not really. There was the very rare occasion when someone would be a dick to me, and one instance where someone bullied me physically (nothing horrible, just being a tool because there wasn't a teacher around and I refused to hit back[footnote]Not because I was scared, but because I refused to sink to his pathetic level[/footnote]). But I went to private schools, so there was very little bullying to speak of, not like some less fortunate people I hear about on here.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tanksie said:
Oh and i love the hero story's, funny stuff. if things got physical they would be over VERY quickly. thats why i was suspended and expelled a few times.
Not everyone you pick on is a doormat. Keep that in mind.

I got attacked a few times in school, and I won. The secret: I don't fight physically, I fight psychologically. And I fight dirty.

make my body burrrrrrrrn

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Incessantly. It seemed like from Grade 4 till Grade 10 there was always at least someone who took special delight in making my life miserable. And it wasn't the beat up and take your lunch money kind of bullying either, in a lot of ways I wish it had been; no the bullies I dealt with always seemed to want to provoke a reaction out of me.