Were you ever hit/spanked as a child?

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
I remember being spanked once for something I did to my sister. Definitely minor compared to what some other people have to go through.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I've got smacked upside the head numerous times from my father. Though it hasn't happened in afew years since I can dodge it, and have been doing much less to deserve it.
My mom probably spanked me when I was young, not that I remember. Though when I lived in BC my friends mom spanked me once.
Plenty of time outs, compared to being struck.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
oh hell yeah and i deserved it. I think alot of children do. Children by and large are little bastards (i included). I seriously think it is an acceptable form of punishment etc...

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
My dad would poke me when he was really angry with me doesn't sound like much but it was hard enough to leave bruises and send me off my feet tho admittedly I took what he said more seriously and he never seriously hurt me so I hold no qualms with the way he brought me up sometimes a kid needs to see a real sense of superiority first hand in pure strength and logic all at once crashing down

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
MrStab said:
Sure was, I saw my nan break her wooden spoon on my cousin. It would of been funny if I wasn't too afraid to laugh.
We may just be cousins. :D My sister had it broken across her by our nan.

OT: I was hit (as in open-palmed slap) on the bum and (for lesser punishment) the face. My parents also had really weird threats too. When my sister wouldn't stop peeing on the floor (out of laziness, of course) they threatened to rub her face in it. Needless to say, she uses the toilet now.
I'm sure they wouldn't have done that though. I mean, my mum can be heartless in what she says sometimes and dad's not all there at least once a day, but they're not cruel. Especially not to us.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Frasman said:
All the time, I was quite a brat though.
This. When my brother and I were younger (before it was illegal to do more than give your kid a time out) we'd get spanked all the time (it was never hard, it was more about the shock of being hit). We'd deserve it, and they'd send us to our rooms if it was just tensions getting high, so it was never abusive (not even close to that end of the bell curve).

Quite frankly, my brother and I were little shits, at no fault of our parents; we are both incredibly competitive, we both are on the ADD side of the bell curve, and we are similar enough in age that we were always in the other one's space. As it is, I'd say my parents did one hell of a job.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Mr Thin said:
The spoon. THE SPOON! SHE'S GOING FOR THE SPOON!
Dear god... Not the spoon...

My parents would spank me (often with the spoon of my nightmares), but never to hurt. To discipline. And of course they'd explain why it was happening (I fucked up). And it worked. I'm not a fan of today's culture where spanking is so frowned upon. Its worked for generations. However, I do believe it should only be administered by parents/parental units.

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
A few times. Then my mother realized that it was only a temporary solution, so she resorted to psychological warfare. She is a worthy opponent.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Spanked, hit, same fucking thing. I was spanked as a small child. Did my parents do the right thing? Uh, hell yeah. I grew up to respect authority and fear punishment. Authority is not your friend, neither are your parents. Your parent's job is to feed, house, care and discipline you (and love you if they give two shits). They are not there to make friends with you. I fucking hate parents who feel that time out is an exceptional punishment but I really hate parents who are scared of even punishing their kids at all. Fucking pussies.

By the time I was too old to be spanked I could be grounded. By the time I was too old to be grounded I could be kicked out.

Note: I really hate all the fucking liberals who think they have the right to condemn a totally decent punishment. Don't wanna come off as a troll cuz I actually believe all that.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I was spanked if I went way out of line as a kid but, but no one ever smacked my upside my head.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
my dad took his belt to me few times for misbehaviour. i also got smacked across the face once for cussing. I cussed in front of my father agai when i was 16 and he took as swing at me and my martial arts lessons took over and i dodged it and i threw a punch of my own, which he dodged but only just. He never took a swing at me again... apparently when you can dodge a punch you're old enough to say wha t you please.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
The worst thing my family did to me was sit on me, when my anger problems appeared and I bit and ht my family.
Though here in Norway, you'll be sent to jail and lose your children if you even dare do anything against them...
Thanks to that today's children is whiny pussies that think they can get away with everything.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
I got the belt, the hand, the switch *piece of tree* or a ruler.. Though I wasn't really a naughty child.

NedroidPrime

Jan 6, 2011
Yep, and probably did me good.

Raising a kid is like training a dog. They don't understand why you teach them to avoid behaviors, and don't understand the consequences that you are trying to shield them from. Therefore you give them an immediate consequence that they understand. Namely, "I don't want to get smacked".

Also, unless it was abusive (for example, undeserved in any way, or disproportionately harsh), you and your brother really suck. Have some respect for your elders. You will be one someday, and you will like to expect it from your kids. Heck, if one of mine hit back, they would get the smack-down, in addition to grounding indefinitely, especially if it is against their Mom. That is the ultimate messed up thing to do

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I was spanked twice. Once for endangering my life. Once for endangering another's life. I didn't misbehave in those ways again.