What 2019 games you are expecting a Masterpiece?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
B-Cell said:
IceForce said:
IceForce said:
B-Cell, what did you think of Sekiro? Given that it's designed to appeal to the 'hardest of core' gamers (ie: not 'casuals') I imagine it'd be right at the top of your list?
I'm still interested in receiving an answer btw.

OP, you did play Sekiro, right?
I played it. its too hard i admit but overall its ok.

I dont hate it.
For the love of god stop lying.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Sekiro isn't even hard on the default mode. Just gotta learn to deflect and half the game is solved instantly. This is showcased by it having the Demon Bell buff which makes enemies harder but makes rewards better.

People complaining about wanting an easy mode were funny in not realizing they WERE playing on easy mode all along! :p

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Johnny Novgorod said:
I've truly never understood why RE4 is held in such high regard. It's a serviceable shooter, and that's about where it ends.

OT: I'm not expecting any masterpieces, to be honest, but then I wasn't expecting Horizon: Zero Dawn or God of War to be as good as they were. The ones likeliest to grab me would be Nioh 2 & Pokemon Sword/ Shield.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
B-Cell said:
ZombieProof said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
It not a Zombie game. it immersive sim/first person melee action game. and thats why im excited for this. i hated original game
The main enemy are zombies, it's a zombie game.
certainly not according to developers

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/21/dying-light-2-choices-not-about-zombies/
Nowhere does it say it's not a zombie game.

That's like saying Telltales The Walking Dead isn't a zombie game because it's more about the people and the relationships you have with them.
I can't wait to watch Brain Cell avoid this completely logical and accurate response.
glad to see you are back my friend, missed you.

also i just leave this here

One is generic zombie game we have seen 1000 times before. other is deep narrative driven immersive sim set in one of the most unique setting that is modern dark ages.

see the difference. Dying Light 2 is not zombie game. not in any shape or form.

Its like saying Half life 2 is zombie game because there are zombie headcrabs.
2nd one also looks boring/generic. gonna have to wait until it actually releases before I make a proper judgment but that trailer was just a generic "choices" trailer for me

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
TrulyBritish said:
CoCage said:
Samos205 said:
two questions.

1)Do you ever get sick of making the exact same thread

2)How much are you being paid to shill these, frankly mediocre at best, games
I have a third question to add: Why does anyone bother with B-Cell at all? He's boring.
B-Cells threads are honestly more about having an interesting conversation despite the OP rather than with them. They raise interesting questions, they just have predictable answers to their own questions.
From B-Cell, no. From the others, most of the time, yes. When his responses or starters are why this fps is better than another game of a different genre, or superior to anything else with not much ti back up on, you already failed. If I wanted crap like that, I'd go back to GameFAQS.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'm not sure I've seen a gaming masterpiece this decade yet... and time is winding down for the 2010's to crank one out. Sure there are games I like, but nothing genre defining that hadn't been done better previously. Mostly this is the gaming decade where games got prettier by sacrificing gameplay, impact, content, originality, creativity... Oh there were also the hardware input improvement leaps forward like 3D, motion control, Kinect, VR before it gets good (if that ever actually happens)...

So yeah, great gaming decade. I feel sorry for the kids who have THIS to look forward to when they are old enough to appreciate nostalgia. Still, I haven't purchased "My Time at Portia" yet. So I guess it isn't fair of me to proclaim that it isn't the "masterpiece" version of Stardew Valley. I really don't believe it will be, but I suppose there is always the chance.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
B-Cell said:
IceForce said:
IceForce said:
B-Cell, what did you think of Sekiro? Given that it's designed to appeal to the 'hardest of core' gamers (ie: not 'casuals') I imagine it'd be right at the top of your list?
I'm still interested in receiving an answer btw.

OP, you did play Sekiro, right?
I played it. its too hard i admit but overall its ok.

I dont hate it.
For the love of god stop lying.
Why you think he is lying?

Mar 30, 2010
B-Cell said:
Although I consider Metro Exodus somewhat a flawed masterpiece.
It's ok dude, you can say it was bad. We all know.

As for 2019 masterpieces? I'm really not sure. Trials Rising is the best game I've played so far this year, and it is by far the best title in the franchise (even topping my beloved Trials Evolution), but I wouldn't say it was a masterpiece. There are a few games I'm looking forward to, but again I think they'll all fall short of the 'M' word. I share your excitement for Doom, although I don't think it'll be as all that as you seem to. Jedi Fallen Order, too, is on my list, desperately hoping Respawn prove me wrong by *not* making CoD iinn ssppaaaaccee!!. Borderlands 3 is a definite purchase for me as well, although I would never even suggest that a Borderlands game be given the title 'masterpiece'. It'll be a good, albeit mindless, frag-fest - nothing more, nothing less.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Squilookle said:
Literally the only game on the horizon I am pumped for is Bannerlord, and the chances of that releasing in 2019 is just... well...
This is the only reasonable answer.

Also I don't know, maybe Animal Crossing Switch will be a neat game to cool off and chill.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Sonmi said:
Squilookle said:
Literally the only game on the horizon I am pumped for is Bannerlord, and the chances of that releasing in 2019 is just... well...
They have been making bannerlord like forever. I doubt it will release in 2020 let alone 2019.

also, check your inbox sonmi. notification is off. i read your message month later

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
B-Cell said:
Sonmi said:
Squilookle said:
They have been making bannerlord like forever. I doubt it will release in 2020 let alone 2019.

also, check your inbox sonmi. notification is off. i read your message month later
They've already started a closed beta, that's a close indicator of the game being almost ready to release, even if only in early access.

Sent you a reply with the invite by the by.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Not sure I see any masterpieces coming out this year tbh. Some great games already came out and some others are on the horizon, but I don't see any of them being timeless classics.

I loved Sekiro, but it didn't stick with me like Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne did. I really look forward to some indies and Nintendo games coming out, as well as the FF14 xpac, but again, I don't see them being games I talk about for years and years after the fact.

If Silksong actually comes out this year I could see that one having the potential, but we'll have to wait and see.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I...question the wisdom of anticipating a masterpiece. Masterpieces are cut from the same cloth as (or even synonymous with) a Magnum Opus. It's not just something good, not just something great, it's something truly exemplary, often to the point of being the best work of a given creator's entire career. Being hopeful about a product is one thing, but expecting a masterpiece seems beyond the pale.

Besides, don't we simply know better?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Grouchy Imp said:
B-Cell said:
No. its one of the best FPS of this gen and so far best game this year. especially the finale of this game is just so epic. i dont think any game come close to its ending or final mission this gen.

Mar 30, 2010
B-Cell said:
Grouchy Imp said:
B-Cell said:
No. its one of the best FPS of this gen and so far best game this year. especially the finale of this game is just so epic. i dont think any game come close to its ending or final mission this gen.
One of the best FPS games of this gen? That's a bold claim. The thing is, the Metro series has always been very good at tense, claustrophobic survival horror, and I just didn't think that formula translated well in Exodus. We lost the very atmosphere that made the Metro series so iconic, leaving just the survival elements (and which games don't have that these days?) and the shooting mechanics where are, let's be honest, kinda clunky. I say this as someone who loves the Metro series (not just the games but the books as well), but for me Exodus is the weakest game of the series.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
B-Cell said:
Grouchy Imp said:
B-Cell said:
You really wanted it to be good huh.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
undeadsuitor said:
Man, metro now rage 2

It's been a shitty year for "masterpieces"
Metro is excellent. Rage 2 FPS part by id software is good. the avalanche part that is open world is pretty bland.