What always manages to upset you, thickness of your skin be damned?

Keith Reedy

Jan 10, 2011
staika said:
Nothing really gets past my emotional barriers, I am usually very good at not getting angry at other people for their beliefs or opinions no matter how much I personally disagree with them. That said I do die a little inside whenever I see someone say "Religion is evil, it must be destroyed" that makes me sad but I never really get angry at them just disappointed.

Other then that nothing really gets on my nerves I have pretty much just learned to take whatever someone says with a grain of salt and forget it because they aren't worth my time to debate.
Question Why does that make you sad, Don't get me wrong I don't hate religion just wondering why the death of religion would sadden you?

ArtanisCreed

Jan 15, 2011
so as not to fill up several pages of this thread with my ranting im just gonna say:

Hackers in video games. Is ur self-esteem that low that u have to cheat to make urself feel good? Damn wankers... >.>

I always thought winning a challenge and getting better at things was good.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Romidude said:
Purple Shrimp said:
internet atheists who won't shut up about their whiny and poorly thought out beliefs that "THE WORLD WULD BE A BETTER PLAICE WITHOUT RELIGIN" are high on the list
Well, it would be, if you think about it.
OT: People who hate things just because they don't understand it.
no just no

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
When people assume I'm stupid because I'm a bit chubby.

I also can't abide someone hurting or killing cats. They are my weak spot for sure.

ArtanisCreed

Jan 15, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
When people assume I'm stupid becuase I'm a bit chubby.

I also can't abide someone hurting or killing cats. They are my weak spot for sure.
omg i love cats too! main reason i liked anders ^.^

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
I'm not sure how true your second thing is. The only person I know on welfare and lives in government housing is my cousin and she takes complete advantage of it. She constantly gets pregnant so she'll continuously get child support but she takes horrible care of her children: she's an alcohalic and she smokes in the presence of hre kids. And she's only 26.
I'm not defending assholes that pick on poorer people, I'm just saying that there are 2 sides to everything.

And I actually disagree with Rule Britannia. I don't think the death sentence is carried out enough.
For example:
Richard Ramirez was convicted for dozens of rapes and murders yet he is still alive in San Quentin prison. Marc Dutroux kidnaped children and kept them in his basement where he repeatily raped and then killed them. All he got was life imprisonment. And his wife who knowingly let 2 of the girls starve to death while Marc was in prison for a different offense, was only sentenced to 30 years in prison. David Berkowitz a.k.a the Son of Sam killed several young couples in New York City was sentenced to only life in prison. Ed Kemper ate his victims, which included children, and he is still serving his life sentence.

Short story: Blah blah blah, for various reasons I don't think some criminals get NEAR the sentence they deserve. For me personally, if you kill someone, you should get the death penalty: few to no exceptions.

Damn, this is depressing :/

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Keith Reedy said:
staika said:
Nothing really gets past my emotional barriers, I am usually very good at not getting angry at other people for their beliefs or opinions no matter how much I personally disagree with them. That said I do die a little inside whenever I see someone say "Religion is evil, it must be destroyed" that makes me sad but I never really get angry at them just disappointed.

Other then that nothing really gets on my nerves I have pretty much just learned to take whatever someone says with a grain of salt and forget it because they aren't worth my time to debate.
Question Why does that make you sad, Don't get me wrong I don't hate religion just wondering why the death of religion would sadden you?
Because I myself am religious and I can see the good it does for people yet everyone always seems to harp on everything that is wrong with it. I admit that there are some things that are bad with religion but I just never saw those faults as being bad enough to warrant religion being destroyed. It basically just makes me sad that people can think that way but I've long since stopped caring what other people think, it literally just makes me sad for a second then I forget it and go about my day.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Rape. I don't know why but sometime a few years back it became something that I can't stand to see in the news. If I meet a rapist, I'd probably snap. It also extends to books, games, TV, and movies. I can't watch/read/play them without getting upset.

0 > RAGE! in seconds

Of course that also makes me a hypocrite because I did say I wanted hackers to go anal rape prison in a post recently. Maybe that was a knee jerk post, but it doesn't excuse it.

On a less of a downer...

People who repeat themselves or talk forever and not really say anything. Always cuts straight through my defenses leaving me simmering with anger just under the surface. Plus side I take that anger and make it constructive.

edit: In the last year it seems like damn near everything gets to me...
[sub]I need to lose weight quicker so I can join the military and get out of this damn house.[/sub]

Keith Reedy

Jan 10, 2011
staika said:
Keith Reedy said:
staika said:

Because I myself am religious and I can see the good it does for people yet everyone always seems to harp on everything that is wrong with it. I admit that there are some things that are bad with religion but I just never saw those faults as being bad enough to warrant religion being destroyed. It basically just makes me sad that people can think that way but I've long since stopped caring what other people think, it literally just makes me sad for a second then I forget it and go about my day.
Curiosity sated thanks. I'm not religious but I want to believe that there is an afterlife and a god who loves us all very much and eh I'm tryin

UmJammerSully

May 29, 2011
Purple Shrimp said:
internet atheists who won't shut up about their whiny and poorly thought out beliefs that "THE WORLD WULD BE A BETTER PLAICE WITHOUT RELIGIN" are high on the list
I've been here about an hour and this is my...4th? Maybe 5th post in total? I have seen literally about 7 or 8 posts just like yours and no sign of this character you have made up that types in all caps with bad grammar. Even if this type of post exists, you're really no better and it's already really putting me off this forum. Please stop. The off-topic forums shouldn't be some giant "beliefs" war where you're clearly flaming eachother in every other thread regardless of whether it's on topic or not.

Anyway, sorry about the hypocrisy there. Back on topic:

I usually only get particularly pissed when people try to hate on things that they know nothing about. A friend of mine ridicules anime on a weekly basis yet hasn't even seen 5 minutes of any anime outside of Pokemon. >_<

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Oh I just thought of something that makes me enrage like the flaming fist of the gods.

EA make you watch their logo...you can't skip it :|

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
People who skim through your post, pick out something they disagree with, and quote you out of context, and then proceed to argue based on ONE part of your 5 paragraph post. >.>

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
People who eat with their mouths open. It never ceases to bug the hell out of me. And stupid people who keeps trying to argue when it is obvious to everyone that they are wrong. Like when one person says 2+2=4 and somebody comes along and argues it's 2+2=5.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Being talked down to in person. Some people can shrug it off, but I go emotionally ballistic.

I'm talking going from the opposite ends of the upset to anger spectrum in seconds. It's not a pretty sight.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Purple Shrimp said:
Yeah, maybe it wouldn't bother you so much if you had coherent responses which judging by your demeanor you may not.

As for me, I dunno. I take it as it goes. It really bother me whenever people talk about how the less fortunate should jst "get a job" when, well, there are no jobs these days.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
RaNDM G said:
Being talked down to in person. Some people can shrug it off, but I go emotionally ballistic.

I'm talking going from the opposite ends of the upset to anger spectrum in seconds. It's not a pretty sight.
This as well. I hate it when people talk like I'm an idiot (which I'm not, I consider myself very intelligent, and when they do that, it drives me to the point of hulkrage)

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
Romidude said:
Purple Shrimp said:
Well, it would be, if you think about it.
OT: People who hate things just because they don't understand it.
no just no
Oh, quite. There'd be a lot less genocide and hate.