What annoys you most about a person?

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
People you just won't shut their fucking mouths. Seriously, you go on and on talking shit about everyone, with little regards for the feelings of those around and you are surprised that I snap at you.

I'd like to make an addendum to that old saying: "If you don't have anything nice OR INTELLIGENT to say, don't say anything at all."

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
Misanthropy and people that try to act cynical to be "edgy" or to come across as "mature and intellectual".

They call themselves cynics and misanthropes but I have another word for them ..... tossers.

Walking wastes of oxygen.

One phrase that seriously gets on my manly tits is "I have lost faith in humanity".

We all like a good rant, I love a good rant, but at the end of the day i'm a pretty jolly fella. It's when people try to hard to be cynical and humanity hating it just comes across as verbal shit. The world and humanity would be a much better place if they just shut the feth up.
A few of them can be directionless, yes, but others do raise/have vaild points and concerns. What exactly is wrong with not liking other people? I don't know if you are stereotyping or not, but it sure sounds like it.

Me, I can't stand it when a person is either 1. Too clingy and doesn't know it or 2. Incredibly hostile towards X view without hearing the reasons behind it (in otherwords, most people).

darthmj94

Jan 19, 2010
I can not stand people who talk about "the future", when they say that they really mean their future. I am currently a senior in highschool, and I am surrounded by everyone who has a "full prof plan" which always involves college, and an arbitrary job they will get with their college degree that will make them "tons of money". Nothing is wrong with planing for the future, but people who are say they are 100% sure that they will find success and that success will bring them happiness. I hate people who do not know that literally anything can happen, and life will sometimes just take a massive dump over their hopes and dreams.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
Ooo, that's a tough one...

See, there's one type of people that really grind my gears, but defining them is kind of difficult.

I'm alright with you thinking differently to me. Especially if we're talking matters of opinion.
I'm also alright if you have some things based on faulty logic or evidence. That's fine, but I'll most likely correct you on said faulty evidence/logic.
I'm even alright with you reclassifying your argument when I show the flaws in your previous one. I'm not saying continuing your argument is bad.
But it's when you totally ignore everything I said, and continue to blindly say "No, I'm right" without even addressing me at all, deliberately, with NOTHING new in your argument - in essence ignoring what I say - where I start to get a bit annoyed.

... Thinking about it, I just sort of hate being ignored in general. Except when the stuff I say isn't really that important.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Mostly it's religious views or conspiracy theories, and especially views that have no substance or backing, but as far as behaviour, condescending, superior (except when it's true, praise be to Jim), thinking they know what I think and what I am when they don't, responding to a well thought-out point with stupidity by way of misdirection, mindless dickishness, casual intimidation by being loud, and not having common courtesy. In the case of the latter, it's mostly because I don't know anything else about them, the only contact will be they run in front of me then slow down to less than my walking pace or something trivial, and that being the only experience I have, I think of them as an asshole.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
King Billi said:
Arrogance and condescension.

I believe the best way you can judge a persons character is in how they treat those around them, as a result I really don't care how intelligent or clever you may think you are, don't ever dare presume or act like you are better than anybody else for any reason.
So this. I have a friend who's going out with a guy who is big into computers and logic. He's really smart at some things, but he seems to think that he's smart at everything, and thus, talks down to me.

I hate that guy. Just because I don't know how to code a function doesn't mean I don't know how to BREATHE, asshole.

Audun

Oct 14, 2009
In my friends? Persistent self destrucive behaviour.

Otherwise it's people who judge people instantly.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Loud people. Seriously my biggest office gripe, when people for example seem to forget that a telephone doesn't require them to yell.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pretentious people who judge everything about you, tell a joke, they call you out on it if they don't find it funny by going "wow, so funny" sarcastically.

Have one in my class and she is also a paranoid wreck who believes a guy she fought with ages ago (who has long since forgotten about it) is talking shit about her when all the guy was talking to me about was what he did over the Christmas holidays.
There's someone like that in my English class. What makes it well and truly aggravating is that she's also, without exaggeration, the single most inanely stupid person I've ever met who didn't have to have a carer with them all day to stop them licking passersby.

Like, someone (often me) will make a joke, or remark, and she starts acting all judgmental and condescending. Then we'll be getting on with class work, like discussing an assigned text and she'll suddenly blurt out something to do with her personal life, etc without any context.

There's also this girl that I was very good friends with last year, and we have a lot of friends we both hang out with and this year, every fucking time we're together as part of a group, she starts taking every excuse to literally shout at me. I've been quite polite so far, but I'm really getting sick of it.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I can't stand my roomie when he sucks his thumb during the day and when he sleeps since it's a childish thing to do and he knows it but won't do anything about it which half the time makes me want to punch him in the face because of how immature and irritating it truly is.

I also dislike arrogant,smug,cocky,show boating,attention whoring kind of people.

Also the kind that just plain swear at you from the very beginning for no reason at all, those people are the weirdest I have ever come across.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
People who can't shut up and must yell when something is only mildly aggrevating anything. Only One person have I met with these two characteristics; and I hope he gets hit by a truck. Or goes back to whatever alien planet he came from.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
People who think they're better than you because they've learned a martial art.

It's not really a problem for me any more, but back in the days of the old school yard, oh boy was it annoying.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Vault101 said:
overly cynical pessamistic and miserable bastards who like to spread their misery around under the guise that they are "smart/real/edgy"...
Im glad you continuously bash me in every thread :p

The person that annoys me the most is obviuosly myself. he is such an asshole.

No, wait, i found a new one, him:
launchpadmcqwak said:
Liberals....yeah that's right, Liberals.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Histrionics. Anyone acting out for attention tends to piss me off... which is a bad thing, seeing as how some of those people are really messed up and in need of help.
Still, though I've developed a reasoned sympathy for certain people with that problem, I still have a complete lack of empathy for it. I've never felt such a need. Quite the opposite, most of the time.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
People who are intolerant of other people's interests and hobbies, especially if they try to "convert" you to into liking them. This applies to people who act like their religious or political views make them superior to anyone-else.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Boorish loudmouthed unempathetic people.

If you think your right to have fun is more important than another person's right not to be miserable, you'll get on my nerves. One of the guys in my circle of friends is like this, and it grates every time. For an arts student coming up on his second year of philosophy, he doesn't have a sound grasp of logic either, so arguing with him is intensely aggravating.

Me: "I'd rather you didn't splash me with the icy cold water."
Him: "Why would you be in the water if you didn't want to be covered in it." I could understand this as a joke, it'd be hilarious, but he meant this seriously. The only way to get through to him that I seriously did not want to be splashed was to threaten to punch him in the face. That's completely ridiculous. You shouldn't have to threaten people to convince you that you're serious.
Me: (Our other friend has complained about a song choice, as he dislikes it intensely) "We should switch songs."
Him: "Well, most of us seem to like it." Really, I have to explain to someone in philosophy that might doesn't make right? It's not as if there's a shortage of songs we all like. It's just ridiculously annoying how he can constantly be inconsiderate, for no real point.

He also tried to convince me I should be bisexual, because apparently he finds it good, and weird that someone else isn't interested. Explaining that I'm not attracted to guys didn't seem to do it. He kept trying to get me to eat meat, and just generally goes about in the right way to rub me the wrong way.

His habit of constantly creeping on all women doesn't help. He ends up always on their tail, and after a while, it just gets pathetic and creepy. Actually, that makes it to the top of my list: Losers who get themselves whipped by the mere existance of girls in their social group. Guys, following them, fawning over them, and the like, is really sad. Stop that.

It's not that bad for the most part, but if I'm stuck with him for more than a day, I'll be gritting my teeth by the end of it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I got another-one

people who don;t know how conversations work...

usually they are the ones that everyone finds annoying, basically whenever they open their mouths something awkward comes out and everyone is just wating for them to stop talking, specifically I mean they think conversations are where people top each others storys, everything you say they will try counter with their own stupid anecdote..

I know alot of the time people dont listen to each other and just wait for theit turn to speak..but in this case its somone who has taken it a new annoying level....and in the few cases Ive seen I don't think its out of arrogance..they just figure thats how conversations work