What annoys you most about a person?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
BanicRhys said:
People who think they're better than you because they've learned a martial art.

It's not really a problem for me any more, but back in the days of the old school yard, oh boy was it annoying.
Pfft. We had one of those at school. Did 4 or 5 of the damn things and y'know what, when push came to shove he hit the dirt after a good headbutt to the nose.

No martial art matches up to fighting like a Glaswegian drunk I tell ya!

OT: I detest two-faced people, people use others, people who abuse trust, I hate those that are ignorant to the problems in this world just because it doesn't affect them directly.

Do I spend all my time weeping over the poor african children? No, I don't. But that doesn't mean you can justify all the waste that comes out of our society.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
People who bring up personal issues in a public environment.

Two of my classmates, as a prime example, recently broke up with each other. Since then, they have done absolutely nothing but completely slander each other in front of everyone else who probably couldn't give a bother if they tried. School is not the place to air your dirty laundry.

Another is hypocrisy. Two other classmates paint themselves as being extremely good Christian people who could do no wrong. Then, they turn around and have discussions with each other about partying, drinking alcohol, taking drugs, cheating on their girlfriends, and lying to their parents. I'm no scientist, but I think that those things don't go together. And then they have the gall to call me a bad person simply for saying that I don't believe that the Bible is absolute truth.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
story toppers (people who frequently go oh you did this? I did that but I ALSO did "xyz" on top of that) and linked to that story exaggerators. Although I am slightly titillated when an exaggerator is caught out in their lie/exaggeration, and they try to justify it

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Vault101 said:
I got another-one

people who don;t know how conversations work...

usually they are the ones that everyone finds annoying, basically whenever they open their mouths something awkward comes out and everyone is just wating for them to stop talking, specifically I mean they think conversations are where people top each others storys, everything you say they will try counter with their own stupid anecdote..

I know alot of the time people dont listen to each other and just wait for theit turn to speak..but in this case its somone who has taken it a new annoying level....and in the few cases Ive seen I don't think its out of arrogance..they just figure thats how conversations work

I know exactly what you are talking about & sadly I live with one of those people. They make my brain hurt everyday.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
people who are just flat out rude for no reason what so ever. seems obvious but i can't get over people like that. since i work with people and customer service, i see this kind of behavior all the time. im only trying to help someone and they have to give a huge attitude as if i f***ing murdered their dog or something. seriously... wtf is wrong with people?

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Lynx said:
So, who's that one guy or girl at the party/in the classroom/wherever, that no matter what they do just seem to annoy you?

Personally, I can't stand cocky people. Particularly people who are loud and cocky. Confidence is great, but the "Hey, look at me, look at me, look at ME" attitude just sets me off. Not sure why yet. The reason I'm starting this thread is because I've just come across such a person who seems to think the entire world revolves around him. And now I am irked.

Tell me, escapists. Is it the know-it-all, the sex freak, the guy who just can't take a joke? What sort of personality just always seems to grind your gears? Do you know why?
There's that guy. Everyone knows at least one of them, sadly I have had the great misfortune to interact closely and repeatedly with 3 of them. No matter what story you tell, he has a better one. No matter what you do, he can do it better. No matter what subject you're talking about, he's an expert. That's the kind of person that annoys me most.

Alexi089

Jun 26, 2011
Awww! just one! But I hate soooo much! :p

Many malevolent personal characteristics can make me intensely dislike a person, but I think they all just come back to a high level of selfishness.

Whenever someone's being insulting/ condescending/ steals/ betrays trust etc it all boils down to doing what suited their own personal desire at that moment in time without giving any consideration to anyone else.

As a side note, I always thought this quote from Phillip Seymour Hoffman MI3 (yeah, I know, hardly a great film) was bang on:

"You can tell a lot about a person's character by how they treat people they don't have to treat well"

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Now I might be crazy here, but perfect people. Let's say there's this girl, she's got the looks of an angel and you expect her to act like she's much better than you. Then it turns out she's really nice and supportive. She makes you feel better and gets along with everyone. This perfect person, guy or girl make you feel inadequate by being better than you while still acting like you're a better person. You envy this person and feel bad for not being like this person. This person makes you feel bad by showing you just how much of an asshole you are.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Yopaz said:
Now I might be crazy here, but perfect people. Let's say there's this girl, she's got the looks of an angel and you expect her to act like she's much better than you. Then it turns out she's really nice and supportive. She makes you feel better and gets along with everyone. This perfect person, guy or girl make you feel inadequate by being better than you while still acting like you're a better person. You envy this person and feel bad for not being like this person. This person makes you feel bad by showing you just how much of an asshole you are.
Ooo yes, I so know what you mean. You just wish they had a flaw, something to validate yourself against someone so seemingly perfect and yet you feel bad for wishing this which just brings on a vicious cycle of self loathing.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Arrogant people. If you're arrogant, there's a 1% chance that you actually are anything approaching Mr Perfect, and a 99% chance that you're actually just too short sighted to notice your own flaws.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I've got one at work... she knows it all, or at leat has an opinion on everything and has to tell everyone what it is. If the silence is not filled with her speaking, no matter the situation, she's probably dead or not there. She always has the right answers, and if ti's wrong, carefully twists her words until she was saying the right thing all along. She is LOUD. You can hear her clear across the building.

And she knows more than you about anything - case in point I was discussing the neighbourhood I grew up in with a student who currently lives there. We were talking about differences in the housing on one side of a road versus the other and neighbourhood-specific things. This girl, honestly, starts talking over us about the specific room layouts and styles of the houses in the areas, describing how they looked and what the area is like... to us, people who live(d) there. She'd never lived in that end of the city herself. The student was just staring at her and all I could do was shake my head as she continued to tell us, for ten minutes, about what the area was like. My parents still live there, I'm there weekly and I lived in the area for 25 years...

Anyway, I guess my answer is "Know-it-alls", because all you want to do is make them shut up, however possible. Especially when you work with them, and THEY CONSTANTLY CLEAR THEIR THROAT. EVERY 30 GODDAMN SECONDS. SHUT UP WOMAN, I WILL SHOVE HALLS DOWN YOUR THROAT ALONG WITH MY FIST.

... Ahem. (Pun intended.)

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
Persistence, thinking they're funny when they're not, persistence, the inability to take social ques when im getting annoyed at their loudness, PERSISTENCE

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
People who are judgemental to others like their interest, personality, etc and also making fun of them aswell (bullying in a way).

Kiyeri

Mar 8, 2010
People who think you're weird for not enjoying what they enjoy. I'm in college, so most of the gals in my dorm spend every weekend going out to frats, getting drunk, etc. This does not appeal to me in the slightest. However, some people don't seem to understand that a) I don't really like people, b) I don't drink, or c) I enjoy staying in my room with gaming/internet to socializing. Especially now that it's freezing. They can giggle as they peek in my room and see me in headphones, I'm the one who's not freezing my barely covered ass of on the 30 min walk to the nearest frat and ending the night hunched over a toilet. At least my roommate is nice though, the others I can usually ignore. /endrant

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Vault101 said:
overly cynical pessamistic and miserable bastards who like to spread their misery around under the guise that they are "smart/real/edgy"...
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII "Deep breath" IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This.

I cannot stand misanthropes. Im sorry. It isnt personal. Its just that if you are cynical or misanthropic to the EXTREME (some people seem to equate pragmatism to cynicism which is false) me and you on a fundamental level will not get on. I cannot stand being around them or hearing them talk and whine. It sets me on edge and i have to totally ignore them to not become annoyed.

The second is arrogance and elitism. I LOATHE people taking smug superiority in something as fucking unimportant as what MUSIC or GAMES you like. I mean fucking what? What a totally unimportant thing to pick. Why not something like depth of character or ability to be nice. But games? Media? Music? Enjoying clubbing? What an insipid and obviously inaccurate way to determine another persons worth.

King Billi said:
Arrogance and condescension.

I believe the best way you can judge a persons character is in how they treat those around them, as a result I really don't care how intelligent or clever you may think you are, don't ever dare presume or act like you are better than anybody else for any reason.
This was put nicely.

Also creationists. I just cant take anyone who is a creationist seriously. Its mean. And maybe makes me a bad person. But i accept my flaws. I will unintentionally hold creationists in a lower regard. As well as other types of anti science.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Okay, so this just happened to me and I know this isn't massively on topic but you know what I hate? People who are fucking vague.
"Hey jack. I'm sorry to do this over Facebook but its too hard to do this to your face. I've been feeling weird about us for a while. I feel that it would be better if we were just friends i just don't feel this relationship is working. I'm really sorry."

What the fuck even is that?
Can I get any explanation? Any at all, please?

Kyoh

Oct 12, 2010
Aside from ignorant people, it would be those who are intolerant of other people's beliefs.

This includes suffocating religious fanatics, the edgy atheist ass holes, super conservative rightwing nut jobs, bleeding heart liberals, racist twats, gay-bashing shites, and every other form it can take.

People just need to calm the fuck down.