What annoys you most about a person?

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Vault101 said:
...specifically I mean they think conversations are where people top each others storys, everything you say they will try counter with their own stupid anecdote..

....and in the few cases Ive seen I don't think its out of arrogance..they just figure thats how conversations work
I used to do that (wait! am I doing it now?) but it wasn't so much thinking that's how conversations work, more so trying to create a common ground with people, "Oh you did X, I did X too, when I did X blah blah blah"

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
People who interrupt me while I'm reading. If it's a friend of mine, or if they have something important to say, then by all means, they can interrupt me. However, if they are, at best, an acquaintance, then I would rather that they just left me alone.

I really don't know how to describe that. I suppose in a broader sense, it would be people who think that their small-talk is important enough to just make someone stop what they're doing.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Self-righteous people. People who can defeat me in arguments come a close second, but the worst people I know are jerks who come up with excuses and suchlike. Like my brother, who unlike me is a Christian. (No offense to other Christians.) When it comes to for instance gay love he's against it, claiming that after all the Bible is pretty clear on the matter. Thing is, this brother of mine never ever donates to charity if he can help it. Now, let's ask ourselves: What did Jesus say about how to treat the poor? He was pretty clear on that point, right? Yeppers, he sure was... And still in that case, this brother of mine never ever tries to share anything with anyone. (Okay, so he did get me a couple of packets of cookies once, which was nice of him, but that's it.)
Have you ever asked him why he wears clothes of mixed fabrics or eats pork and/or shellfish? They're in the bible too.
I have never heard an anti-gay person answer that.

OT:
People who buy into trends in clothing, people with anything from the Apple store (especially IPads and laptops), people that wear fake glasses, people that talk slightly too loud in public, people who never shut up...Yeah the list doesn't really stop.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The ideology that, because you play CoD or whatever and can insert a swear between every other word in every sentence that comes out of your mouth, you are the greatest person alive and deserve to be treated as such and can berate anyone you even tries to tell you otherwise.

The Pumpkin Witch

Sep 21, 2012
The people I can't stand are coworkers who do nothing but brown nose bosses and get away with slacking off. I've got a job now where I do most of the work in our department but this guy I work with never pulls his own weight and is always talking with other people et cetera et cetera. Our bosses know he's a lazy good for nothing but they basically don't care!

This is the second job I've had and I've had to work with slackers like that in both of them!

Tycon

Aug 21, 2012
If there is something you don't dislike about a person, there's a good chance they are being fake or sucking up to you. Although its annoying and often frustrating dealing with something in my perspective as arrogant or over confident, or even cruel one has to realize that in most cases the other person probably isn't even aware of their own faults in their attitude. Its nice to enjoy the little things that irritate us about people because it makes it that much better when they act in a more endearing fashion.

I would say i view myself as quite a brown noser so i'd say its easy to identify when another is trying to do the same, but I guess we can't please everyone so what ever feels natural just stick to it. No matter what you do, however good your intentions are or polite you think you may be, someone will dislike you. After reading this thread, I don't think a single person here would like me =(.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Okay, so this just happened to me and I know this isn't massively on topic but you know what I hate? People who are fucking vague.
"Hey jack. I'm sorry to do this over Facebook but its too hard to do this to your face. I've been feeling weird about us for a while. I feel that it would be better if we were just friends i just don't feel this relationship is working. I'm really sorry."

What the fuck even is that?
Can I get any explanation? Any at all, please?
You know, vagueness like that is often just an escape exit for people who can't give a proper explanation for what they're doing. Truth is always a tad brutal, and some people just don't have the stones to tell it like it is.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
The thing that grates me most about people is ignorance. I HATE when people start going out on limbs due to them not knowing anything which then boils down to them being ignorant. -.-

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I hate people who push religion (or atheism) on other people.

My grandmother forced me into the church as a kid and as a result I haven't willingly set foot in one since the age of
14. I still believe but not nearly as fanatically as she seems to think is required.

I still love her but I can't spend more than a day with the woman before I want to scream at her to shut up. Not every conversation has to be about religion!

LordLucan375

Feb 15, 2011
I hate people with a strong opinion on an issue, but who also have a complete lack of self awareness.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I hate when people wear shirts of bands/tv shows/movies/comics and they don't even know what it is! It's just to look cool. I really, really hate that.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
People who don't listen and/or somehow hear something completely different from what I said.

That, and people who talk over me. I wait politely until someone else has finished speaking
before I try to make/insert my point(s), but when I'm talking some people just break right in
with greater volume than I am using rather than let me get 5 words out...to me that's the
epitome of rude....
(Well, other than punching kittens)

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Arrogant, pretentious, and condescending people.

I hate when people act like they are better than other people. Especially when it comes to something stupid like what kind of games they play. It gets really grating.

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
A Smooth Criminal said:
The type of person who only talks about doing things to help themselves, complaining about everything and yet never actually doing anything to resolve the issue.
Oh, I've definitely dealt with those types before, and they tend to piss me off like no other. I try to assist people in any way I can to help them get themselves back on track but there was one pathetic guy who is the only one I wrote off as a lost cause and promptly gave up on. He hasn't gotten better in the 3 years I've known him.