What are questions you are sick of people asking?

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
"Where's your Southern accent?"

Yeah, it's warranted because I'm from Georgia, but after a while I get tired of explaining that I went to school elsewhere and thus lost my accent as a kid and never picked it back up.

"Is your hair naturally that color?"

Yes, my hair really is blonde, and it really does have natural highlights. I really am a blonde chick. They're not all fake, y'know.

"How do you spell your name?"

Suffice it to say that I have an exceedingly short name that has one commonly used spelling. Only one. I'm fairly sure 99% of people with my name spell it that way. Why the hell are you asking how to spell it? (Yes, I know some people get really twitchy when you misspell their name, even if it's a really common name with a common spelling they just don't use, but...but...IT'S FOUR LETTERS LONG.)

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
"You watch wrestling? Lol, don't you know that's fake?"
In my mind: "SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!! I AM CASTING MY SHUT UP UPON YOU! SHUT UP!"
Verbally: Well That's Interesting...Shrug
Whispering: Grumblemumble Idon'tneedyourfriendship

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
"Are you half black?"
"Is your hair natural?"
"Do you curl your hair?"
"Have you ever straightened your hair? Can I try it?"

Yes, my hair is curly and afro-ish. Yes, it's natural, I've had it every day for the last three years, right? And just because I have curly hair doesn't mean I'm half black, what kind of question is that?

There's a picture of me in my profile for reference.

BlackNoel

Feb 28, 2010
"So what are you going to school for next year?"
If I wanted you to know, I would have mentioned it already. Plus people over 40 get weirded out when I say game design so I just say business. Frustrating.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
So why aren't you Christian?

I go to a catholic school, I'm an atheist (not the outspoken bigot ones, I just don't partake in the prayer)

Answer: I'm just not the kind of person to believe in something without physical evidence.

This happens so much, however, My school doesnt really have any fundamentalist Christians and most of them accept the answer as a "Fair enough". Just get asked a lot.

munkymp3

Dec 19, 2009
Phasmal said:
"Are you really a girl?" (I dont get asked that in person, thankfully)
This and a many number of ridiculously ignorant questions such as "Are you Asian?" and "Is that person gay/trans?"
Ignorance is not bliss, especially for those with brains. It's just annoying.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
"Why the hate ...."
Whoever posts a question like this should die in a fire made out of HIV infected Snakes made out of acid, yes that makes them acidfiresnakes, i know it makes no sense but they deserve it.

"Are you a Satanist" or like some mentally challenged hiphoppers phrased it "are you a satan?"

1) YES of course, everyone who looks different from your kind is, especially if they prefer black clothing
2) YES i am.But it hasnt to do with my damn looks.
3) NO i dont worship the devil. Thats a different thing and has nothing to do with it. YES i know its easy to get confused here, but the CoS took that name out of a reason.Its a metaphor.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
"So, what's your full name?"

My name is Lee. Not Leeroy. Not Leo. Not Leonardo. Just Lee.

People are ALWAYS convinced that Lee is short for something. It isn't. I don't mind it if you have a nickname for me (I actually have alot of nicknames for some reason), but why can't people just accept that my name is just Lee?

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Aurora Firestorm said:
"Where's your Southern accent?"
oh dear god, I totally forgot about that annoying little question. I live in Texas and everytime that comes up online that's the first thing people ask me. That is, right after "Do you have a cowboy hat/horse/boots?"

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
BoredDragon said:
So escapists, what questions do you hate people asking?
Honestly? Living in rather family-friendly, conservative-leaning Colorado Springs (which has a medical marijuana shop and a liquor store next to every strip-mall church, which I find hilarious...):

"Do you have children?"

The moment people learn that my wife and I have been married for 11 years. We both look young for our age; I'm 32 and she's 30 but we still get carded for alcohol at times, so I think people are usually just shocked that a "young couple" that has been together for so long somehow doesn't have kids.

It's always followed by this look of disbelief... like... how could you possibly not have a child or five? Married ELEVEN years and NO CHILDREN?

Yup. It's probably why we're so happily married and why we look so young after all these years. ;)

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I try not to get annoyed at people asking questions cause questions are good. It promotes informed thinking and discussion... But I do get sick of people asking "Do you want to go outside"....

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
James Joseph Emerald said:
RastaBadger said:
Why do you want to colonize mars?
Why do you want to colonise Mars? Wow, what a loser. Have some loyalty to your home planet. Geez.

Heh. Only kidding. Just thought it was funny that you're sick of being asked that. How often does it come up?
An awful lot more than I thought it would. I mentioned it off hand in science once (or maybe it was geography I can't remember) that the way to solve our population problems on earth would be to terraform and colonise Mars. Since then it's come up surprisingly often.

DDarkRavenC

Dec 5, 2008
'Why are you so quiet?'

To which I smile and shrug. Stupid anxiety. Also:

'You're HOW old?!'

Which is sort of valid. I do look like I'm 5 to 8 years younger when I'm clean shaven. But it's still annoying.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Why is your hair so long? I mean seriously, what answer do you expect apart from "because I like it"? Is the band shirt not enough of a give away that I'm a metalhead?
Oh god, also "oh, you're a metalhead? Do you listen to 30 Seconds To Mars (or any other random screamo/emo band)". I shudder every time someone asks that.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
EVERYONE with a visible tattoo or piercing has heard this one:

*pointing at tattoos and/or piercings* - "Did that hurt?"

No dude. Getting needles shoved into your body feels fucking fantastic. Its like a warm hug on a cold winter's day. Fuck off with your stupid questions.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Father Time said:
Why do you have a sign in front of your house that says Dead ****** Storage?
You made my day, I laughed so hard at that.
OT: "Is that Pokemon?" JRPG does not equal Pokemon. It's Dragon Quest 9.

PekoponTAS

Mar 7, 2009
When I'm at school playing a handheld game system, and some idiot who doesn't know anything about games comes up and says "Is that the new one?" It's one of those generic things to say like "some weather we're having, eh?" and it really gets on my nerves as SO MANY people say it. I feel like getting a custom T-shirt with a 3DS on it with a caption that says...

"This is "the new one". It is not the one I'm playing."

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Why are you a girl gamer?

because I don't wanna be a slutty cheerleader, and because I want to be different than all of those really rich girls who hang on every guy they see.

MuppeTeN

Feb 20, 2011
Why don't you cut your hair ¬¬

Long blonde hair down to my chest *O*

Maybe because I'm a guy I get that question very often XD