What are questions you are sick of people asking?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
"Are you really a girl?" (I dont get asked that in person, thankfully)
I get asked this over the internet a lot, like we're an endangered species or something.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
ramox said:
Viral_Lola said:
I normally response to #2 as human.
Well that the obvious answer i guess anyone would give. What i'm curious about is, what kind of answer is someone expecting when he asks that (now ignoring the "hitting on" thing since i don't see the connection there)?
I can't for the life of me find a reasonable explanation why anyone would ask this question.

Maybe anyone else can elaborate? Since Lola here doesn't seem to be the only one here getting that question.
I guess when people ask that particular question is to figure out my ethnic background? It's just irksome.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Sarahcidal said:
*upon discovering my distaste for cake*
"Wait.. you hate CAKE??! What is WRONG with you??! How the hell can you hate CAKE??!"
of course fellow Escapists you'll join me in my common response to this question;
"Because it's a lie."
*facedesk*
Sorry, that's my immediate reaction to that reference even if it is used wittily :p

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
My personal favourite after a holiday in America.
"Are you a scotch?"
NO I AM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC DRINK!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
[HEADING=2]No I can't fix your damn computer!!![/HEADING]

*pant pant pant*

Never say you play videogames when you wear glasses. Shit like this is bound to happen then.
Viral_Lola said:
How old are you?
What are you?
Why are you single?
What do I have to do to get you?
You have no idea how frustrating it is for guys with nerdy interests to find a girl who doesn't think they're weird or childish because of it. So some resort to...desperate measures.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Phasmal said:
I get asked this over the internet a lot, like we're an endangered species or something.
You seem to be in video games, as are people with any intelligence :D

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
People either coming up to me or sending me a message online saying "How are you?" then not following it up with anything creating a kind of awkward situation. Also, people on youtube asking for thumbs up or making jokes about the people who disliked the video (example: "3,318 people were the polar bear in that fight.." on the narwhals video) It was funny the first few times now it's just annoying.

LikeTheReaper

May 16, 2010
"What are you listening to?"
"What are you drawing?"
I hate questions in general too, it means I HAVE to be social.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
"don't you mormons have, like, 50 wives?"
..............................................................................................
..............................................................................................
no.
no we do not.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
People on Elder scrolls facebook would like to know! Will Skyrim have;

Vampires,
Werewolves,
Dragons that you can ride,
The Dark Brotherhood,
Spears.

Just stop it. Stop. Before someone gets hurt.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
"excuse me, but where is your restroom?"

Look the fuck around and use your fucking brain. You don't see it in this section of the fucking restaurant, therefore you have to walk to the other half. Also, you walked right the fuck by it to get here!

.....I need to get out of the service industry.

Phasmal said:

Tizzmarelda

Jul 1, 2010
I work on the checkouts in Tesco. Its abit of a grind and so ive always got this semi miserable look on my face which most people seem to interpret as a hangover which often prompts them to ask "Out last night where we?" to which I coldly reply "Nope, I just look like shit. But thanks for noticing".

That and "what music do you listen to?"

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Phasmal said:
There are no wimmenz on the internets.. Everyone knows this. You must be an A.I or something...

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
[HEADING=2]No I can't fix your damn computer!!![/HEADING]

*pant pant pant*

Never say you play videogames when you wear glasses. Shit like this is bound to happen then.
Viral_Lola said:
How old are you?
What are you?
Why are you single?
What do I have to do to get you?
You have no idea how frustrating it is for guys with nerdy interests to find a girl who doesn't think they're weird or childish because of it. So some resort to...desperate measures.
I see... I guess this is the reason why when I go to comic book stores, I get a lot of lingering stares and phone numbers.

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
So, I have this thing about sex. I don't like the idea about, I don't want to have it, I don't want anything to do with physical intimacy.

"I hope it's okay that I ask this, but were you abused as a kid?"

NO IT'S NOT OKAY FUCK OFF.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
"What's wrong?"

"Are you ok?"

"Are you mad?"

"You're mad at me, aren't you?"

Oh.

my

[HEADING=1]GOD.[/HEADING]

I just don't have anything to say at the given moment. I don't smile all the time because I just had my wisdom teeth pulled and my jaws are on fire. Insecurity like the questions stated above piss me off to no end so bad, it only makes me angrier to think about it.

Ironic, because through asking me what is wrong, then there actually is something wrong: an annoying question that has now pissed me off.

[small]Whew, I need to work on my anger. That was scary.[/small]