What are you currently playing?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I shouldn't have bought Nioh 2, even for twelve dollars. Can't refund because it's from CDKeys, redeemed on Steam. Just more tired Souls shit with bloated enemy HP. Can't even jump, wtf. Like every analog game now needs a run button. Could have been jump!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
^ *Glutton for punishment*

Maybe try a tanky strength build with great stars or another big bleeding bonk stick. Iron jar aromatic and wild strikes works on anything.

Or for dlc weapons, I’m curious about trying something like this in for PvE -

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
^ *Glutton for punishment*

Maybe try a tanky strength build with great stars or another big bleeding bonk stick. Iron jar aromatic and wild strikes works on anything.

Or for dlc weapons, I’m curious about trying something like this in for PvE -

Yeah I just did a big post about this in the dedicated Elden Ring thread, I'd rather read about other games here.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I wonder how many Zelda players didn't know how to get to the third maiden temple. I hate this part. Have had the game on hold here for months and months and months, because can't access northwest in dark world and get bored looking. Someone told me to use the hookshot. Couldn't find where to use it.

zelda-3.jpg

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I wonder how many Zelda players didn't know how to get to the third maiden temple. I hate this part. Have had the game on hold here for months and months and months, because can't access northwest in dark world and get bored looking. Someone told me to use the hookshot. Couldn't find where to use it.

View attachment 11445
If you build a time machine and ask me 30 years ago I would have happily told you step by step where to go and what to do because I had memorized this genius beautiful work of art.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
1720654776180.png

I might have misremembered exactly where it is, but you can Hookshot onto skull pots to cross that river. If you look closely, the scenery even makes an arrow pointing to where you need to be.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Finally sunk my teeth into the Elden Ring DLC a little bit, meaning I literally have just explored the initial area.

Found a gigantic walking fire pit in the middle of a field that aggro'd on me from a generous ways away with a fire stomp that took about half my health. Nope.

Found an small-yet-ominous crypt with a stake of Marika and summoning pool stake at the door. Nope.

Found the entrance to a dungeon at the top of a huge staircase, I tried to walk far enough in that its name would splash across the screen, but it didn't happen before a giant scorpion/spider thing dropped from the ceiling and chased me back out. I cheesed it through the partially open doors it couldn't get through, but still, nope.

I might be having fun if my cowardice would let me adventure a little. I need to offload these 180K in soft runes I'm sitting on so I can YOLO it bit.

Also, I notice the sites of grace don't have any guidance... nice touch, FROM. Didn't think I'd ever actually use the guidance, but imagine my panic when it wasn't there.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I might be having fun if my cowardice would let me adventure a little. I need to offload these 180K in soft runes I'm sitting on so I can YOLO it bit.
From what I heard/read, those runes ain't gonna do shit. You need them scadus.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
From what I heard/read, those runes ain't gonna do shit. You need them scadus.
They may not mean much for the DLC, but levels still matter in the base game, especially for stats I haven't hit the soft cap for yet, or stats that I've thus far invested little into if I want to broaden my horizons without completely respec-ing.

That said, I have found a couple Scadutree fragments. Used 'em. Not quite sure if they've made an appreciable difference, but am told the patch makes the first 10 or so fairly substantive. We'll see once my testicles descend, I start growing facial hair, and I tackle my first DLC boss.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
They may not mean much for the DLC, but levels still matter in the base game, especially for stats I haven't hit the soft cap for yet, or stats that I've thus far invested little into if I want to broaden my horizons without completely respec-ing.

That said, I have found a couple Scadutree fragments. Used 'em. Not quite sure if they've made an appreciable difference, but am told the patch makes the first 10 or so fairly substantive. We'll see once my testicles descend, I start growing facial hair, and I tackle my first DLC boss.
In shadow realm, first boss tackles you!

Hit up the first crypt with the statue outside though for real. It will be a good fight with the fang’s skill, and there’s a good reward for doing so as a sort of homage to an old classic enemy.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Serious Sam 2, Slipstream, Buck Up and Drive, and Double Dragon Gaiden. With DDG, I did and finished my run on all hardest parameters as Linda and Sonny Lee with No Continues+. No automatic health heal during the next sector, and your money bonus is replaced with a turkey that gives you a heal, if you don't choose an upgrade.