What are you currently playing?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Oh yeah, I've heard that from WoWS's own community contributors (theMightyJingles, most notably), so I know all about the shit that's going down with Wargaming.net. I'm steadfastly keeping it free-to-play (which won't be difficult, these lootcrate riddled FtP games have never really bothered me, mostly because I don't play them, I'm in it for the historical fan service). The game's generally more fun at low tiers anyway, 'cos there aren't any players flaunting their USD50-100 premium ships.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm playing more Cruisn' Blast. I've gotten all gold for three tours. I got two more to go. Each tour has a different thing. For example, one involves police cars chasing you near the racers on all courses. Another one has a storm theme where each race has different type of storm. I should also let you know that each race does not have a lap. One lap only pee race. So far the golds have been easy to get, but that's on normal mode. I've been mainly using the starting car and upgrading it. I recommend that whatever car you start with, you keep it and just upgrade it. You can collect keys to unlock more hidden cars and completing courses. They do cost you money once you acquire them.

This is just a straight up fun arcade racing game. I have not had this much fun in with racing game in a long while.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Replayed DeltaRune Chapter 1 in preparation for chapter 2.

Definitely holds up after 3(4?) years and a 2nd playthrough. It's channeling the same vibe as undertale but also clearly jumping off to do something quite different in a way that rubs me exactly the right way. Yeah, it has the same brand of humor which feels like a silly deconstruction of JRPGs but it does feel like it makes the game more joyful and lighthearted when the enemies aren't really taking this too seriously(Lancer tries to be evil but like Papyrus before him he's really bad at it and you can tell he's really only on team evil because his dad is). There's also a really weird Alice Through the Looking glass/In Wonderland vibe to chapter 1 that goes along with the Dark World theme you spend most of the game in but doesn't feel too derivative.

And probably the best part is the post game part of chapter 1 where you go back to the town and get to walk around and talk to people at your own pace and it's just nice and chill and there are some interesting Details that I can't help but notice and wonder about(Not only Asgore, but also the BIG LOCKED DOOR on the south edge of town) that I can only guess will be explained much later on.

Needless to say, you kinda need to have played through Undertale to really get the most from Deltarune and if you didn't like Undertale, Deltarune sure as hell probably isn't gonna change your mind.

Reactions: Worgen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Played so more NMH3 and did all of the hidden, Apple 8 bit side quests. Not much left of the after game aside from collectibles. I got nearly all of the shirts, so there's that.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Just finished Lust Epidemic. Yes it’s an AO-rated sexy adventure game, with a storyline far more elaborate than it needs to be. My playthrough clocked in at 27.5 hours, even after using a guide to be more efficient about half way through.

Basically its setup is A student of East State University named Brad finds himself stranded at rival college Saint Dame University during a hurricane that has unexpectedly changed course and struck the town. While exploring the ancient and creepy campus grounds you'll uncover many mysteries and secrets... as well as some sexy fun!

So yeah. Many secrets of both the gameplay progression and naughty varieties to be had, and there really isn’t much I could compare it with except to say it’s like an old school 2.5D point and click adventure centered around uncovering a supernatural conspiracy while fixing various aspects of a messed up school and banging hot chicks in the meantime.

All things considered it was often highly amusing, titillating, and occasionally hilarious, but just too long. The open map means much of the run time involves backtracking and fetching stuff. You can also change movement speed to “Hyper” which makes getting around incredibly snappy. The other thing that took time is all the text dialog bubbles. Bloody hell it could rival most classic JRPG’s, but thankfully they can be sped up as well.

As it stands I wound up with a 98% completion status, only missing one of 64 Kama sutra pages which unlocks an extra scene and character, but not sure if I’ll be able to get it since doing what the guide said hasn’t worked. Oh well.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Found one of the Valkryies in God of War(the one next to the dead giant). I tried her once, got my ass kicked and decided I'll come back later when I'm ready. Met Modi and Magi and that was a fun fight. I do appreciate when Kratos kills Magi?, his brother runs off like a little ***** and Atreus freaks out like "How could you kill a god?" Because, that's right, Atreus still doesn't know Kratos is a god and Kratos is really dragging out just telling him.

Also, not really a spoiler, reached the point where Kratos has to make his obligatory visit to the land of the dead, because it's a requirement of a GOW game. I mean, he might as well have a punch card for Hades after the OT and who knows, maybe he'll start vacationing in HelHeim now. I did kind of like his take on when finding out that dying of old age gets you sent there, because you didn't die in GLORIOUS BATTLE, how even Kratos is a little put off by that.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Resident Evil Village. It's fine I guess. Kind of feels like a anthology of popular horror movies, horror game trends and it's own history, particularly RE4. Which leads to an uneven game that has a lot of strenghts, but also a lot of weaknesses. Also, not scary, tho that's not unusual for Resident Evil. Except the baby. That thing is scary af.

Also playing Wario Land Shake It for Wii. Saw it for a tenner at my local Gamestop equivalent, and thought to myself 'why not'. Emulating of course, tho with an actual Wiimote. First time I tried that. Actually surprisingly easy to set up. Anyway, the game itself is a 2d platformer. Nice colorful art style, good sense of humor, solid controls. There's a bit of waggle, but it's not too intrusive.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Death Standing released next gen current gen version with upgrade path for a fiver, so went for it. Quite a different experience with the upped framerate during cutscenes. Can be exhilarating when not just visually fascinating. None of this improves the writing of the lady characters of course, but there's no hope there: if you came here for hope there, then you're in the wrong place, friendo.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Got to the second character Boss in Kena: Bridge of Spirits, and I assumed the worst and got the worst. I fully stand by my opinion that the combat controls just can't stand up to the difficulty of this game on the higher modes. During regular battles and regular mini-bosses it gets by, though you still feel the stiffness and the awkwardness. But during the actual character focused Boss fights the controls just can't keep up with what you need from them. My lower arm muscles are actually hurting due to me needing to react fast with controls that feel 30% too slow. I already had an aneurysm getting through the Corrupt Taro fight, I don't think another even more annoying fight is worth it. Sorry game, you had some nice things to show and do, but you're not that good for me to suffer through this again.
Also, not really a spoiler, reached the point where Kratos has to make his obligatory visit to the land of the dead, because it's a requirement of a GOW game. I mean, he might as well have a punch card for Hades after the OT and who knows, maybe he'll start vacationing in HelHeim now. I did kind of like his take on when finding out that dying of old age gets you sent there, because you didn't die in GLORIOUS BATTLE, how even Kratos is a little put off by that.
The game gives a little wink to this, with Freya asking "The land of the dead, do you know it?" to which Kratos responds "Not this one."

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The game gives a little wink to this, with Freya asking "The land of the dead, do you know it?" to which Kratos responds "Not this one."
I caught that and appreciated it.

It's really unfortunate Atreus always happens to be either too far away or unable to respond whenever when one of the other characters mentions anything about Kratos being a god or having done godly things, which conveniently allows Kratos to keep putting off actually explaining it.

Reactions: Casual Shinji

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Been playing Warriors: Legends of Troy, Koei's only western-developed Musou game.

It kinda feels like a licensed Musou game, in terms of how the missions and story play out compared to a typical Musou game, but I'm enjoying it overall. I like the more impactful and 'meaty' combat, the smaller scale of armies, and the higher than average difficulty. The boss fights and duels have been a surprising joy for the most part, excluding the crappy QTEs during the monster fights.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got all of the T-Shirts in NMH3. I'll play Shinobi (PS2) and it's spin-off, Nightshade (Kunoichi PS2), either tomorrow or on Monday,

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Resident Evil Village. It's fine I guess. Kind of feels like a anthology of popular horror movies, horror game trends and it's own history, particularly RE4. Which leads to an uneven game that has a lot of strenghts, but also a lot of weaknesses. Also, not scary, tho that's not unusual for Resident Evil. Except the baby. That thing is scary af.
Bloodborne is also an anthology of popular horror (werewolves, vampires, ghosts, aliens, Lovecraftian cosmic horror, body horror, etc.) and it kind of feels like Capcom looked at Bloodborne and went "we can do that" and then made a really good attempt at it with Resident Evil Village that wasn't nearly as imaginative or clever.

I did really enjoy it though. Resident Evil hasn't really been "scary" since the moment you were actually able to aim in RE4 since it immediately made you more capable than any enemy in the game, and the RE games after 2 just literally shower you with ammo at every turn making the "survival" aspect a complete non-issue.

I think that RE7 was a more interesting idea overall, though I enjoyed playing RE8 way more. Both games become significantly less interesting the moment the 3rd act comes in, similar to what happens with pretty much every Resident Evil game the moment you get to "the lab" modern industrial portion of the game.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Bloodborne is also an anthology of popular horror (werewolves, vampires, ghosts, aliens, Lovecraftian cosmic horror, body horror, etc.) and it kind of feels like Capcom looked at Bloodborne and went "we can do that" and then made a really good attempt at it with Resident Evil Village that wasn't nearly as imaginative or clever.

I did really enjoy it though. Resident Evil hasn't really been "scary" since the moment you were actually able to aim in RE4 since it immediately made you more capable than any enemy in the game, and the RE games after 2 just literally shower you with ammo at every turn making the "survival" aspect a complete non-issue.

I think that RE7 was a more interesting idea overall, though I enjoyed played RE8 way more. Both games become significantly less interesting the moment the 3rd act comes in, similar to what happens with pretty much every Resident Evil game the moment you get to "the lab" modern industrial portion of the game.
I’ve gotten the impression that ultimately RE just isn’t a series I’m willing to actually play anymore. Curious story-wise, but the actual gameplay mechanics and progression just feel too crude and uninspired, which is disappointing especially for a AAA studio and IP with this many installments. I already uninstalled RE7 since I doubt I’ll ever go back to it, but might check out a Let’s Play someday just to see how things unfold.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Finished DeltaRune chapter 2. It nicely picks up from Chapter 1 and this is clearly the start of a much bigger story. It also feels like the chapters are getting longer. I think it took me as long to get through chapter 2(or maybe both episodes) then to complete a full run of Undertale.

As what to say about it, well, it's continuing that Weird clearly influenced by Earthbound JRPG thing Undertale was doing but in a version of that world which is clearly different and it's still not explained why that is. And there isn't a full alternate EVIL route, there is a "Wierd" route which is in some ways worse because it it requires you to abuse a poor soul to make her kill when she clearly doesn't want to.

On one hand, It lived up to my expectations and I enjoyed every minute of it. On the other, We probably won't see the next few chapters for a few more years and while I'm fine watining, the last scene in Chapter 2 leaves a lot of hanging questions to be answered.

I have a lot more to say but I'll save that for when someone starts a dedicated thread on the topic, which I know will happen eventually. I also need to do a YT watch of the Wierd Route because all my knowledge of it is 2nd hand right now and I'm not up for the depression of trying to actually playing it(The Genocide route of UT made me feel like shit just watching).

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Back into Witcher 3, finished the Cardinal Sin quest. Thinking of switching gears and doing some more contracts too, along with some more exploration. Probably will at least finish the stuff available at or below my current level of 17.

Which begs the question, if anyone else has the bug(?) where the game automatically changes your current quest tracking to the “Take a boat to Skellige” main quest after every bit of progress in a side quest? It’s annoying because sometimes it’s takes a while to find the one you were currently on again. I guess I might as well just go there to see if it disappears. I’ll just have to remember to not start anymore main quests til I’m ready.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Unless you haven't played Undertale yet, because Deltarune is metatextual to a degree that it doesn't really make a lot of sense without Undertale. And yeah, I know, the dumb fanbase is dumb, but that doesn't make the actual game any less good.
I never understood why people do this. They specifically say they like a game then call out the fanbase and say its good despite the fandom. The really weird thing is that it only seems to happen for more... I suppose, progressive type games, you never hear anyone saying it about COD or even something like fortnight.

Anyway, just finished getting all the achievements in Quake and beat Zniw Adventure.

Playing a lot more Smite then usual since there is a battlepass I want going on. I also grabbed Shakedown: Hawaii and decided to pick up Cuphead again and finally beat it. And also playing Get in the Car, Loser.